more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugo Amo and Brian staying

Started by The Old Count, September 02, 2014, 07:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 02, 2014, 08:52:00 AM
With the treatment David is receiving from opponents and the poor protection from refs I can see david missing a considerable amount of games due to injury, Ruiz is a great replacement, few clubs could lose a player like David and have another even better player to come in as replacement, maybe Man city or Chelski

You're not wrong about that, sir.

I have rarely seen a player get such a large helping of stick dished out in a short period of time as has been supplied to David so far this season. He's had at least two 'red card' tackles and innumerable other assaults. I know we tend to be protective of our own and, perhaps, inclined to paranoia. but I can't help but think that this is a deliberate policy. Understandably, given that we look half the side without him, but one should expect at least a modicum of protection from referees.

The pass he delivered about seven minutes in of Saturday's match (2:40 on the club vid.) should be framed and put in the Tate Gallery.

Forever Fulham

Whether we continue to lose over the next few games should be a good indicator of whether Ruiz will be inserted into the lineup.  If we lose the next two games...

Whitesideup

Strong views from Dannyboi - interesting how opinions can vary. I was impressed with Eisfeld's first half performance against Millwall and he looks like a good signing. Mind you, could have done better with his header on Saturday. I think criticism of Hugo is unfounded. Whenever he plays I have seen nothing but 100% effort and commitment. Against Millwall forced a good save from the keeper and had an attempt that did beat the keeper cleared off the line. And overall, thought he did well enough to retain his place. I think he would have given the Cardiff defence a tougher time on Saturday. He has never been given a run of games and I think were he given that run he could make a very effective striker for us.

And Amorebieta will also be good, though I am quite happy with the Burn/Bodurov combo at the back and think we should stick with that.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 02, 2014, 07:47:06 PM
Strong views from Dannyboi - interesting how opinions can vary. I was impressed with Eisfeld's first half performance against Millwall and he looks like a good signing. Mind you, could have done better with his header on Saturday. I think criticism of Hugo is unfounded. Whenever he plays I have seen nothing but 100% effort and commitment. Against Millwall forced a good save from the keeper and had an attempt that did beat the keeper cleared off the line. And overall, thought he did well enough to retain his place. I think he would have given the Cardiff defence a tougher time on Saturday. He has never been given a run of games and I think were he given that run he could make a very effective striker for us.

And Amorebieta will also be good, though I am quite happy with the Burn/Bodurov combo at the back and think we should stick with that.
I agree with you, both Hugo and Amorebieta would be valuable squad options in a long season. Hugo would have been a much better sub Saturday than Chihi. I also think Eisfeld has lots to offer, shamed about the header tho, that was laughable....
Quark, strangeness and charm

MrProphet

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2014, 08:55:53 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2014, 08:21:57 AM
I'm  unconvinced that any of them would offer anything better than what we've got.

Would Ruiz be better than David or Elsfield? -but you would think there is a role for him in the squad.

Is Amore better than Bod, Burn, Hutchison? -maybe there is a role for him.

Is Hugo, who some say has his contact terminated better than our current strikers, now including Smith?

I always think of how Ruiz was when he played regularly for us, but after his brilliant WC perhaps he would do much better -but I'm not sure he would have the transformational effect that people expect.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I think amorebieta is better than hutchinson but hutch plays on the right.doesnt he? In that case amore as back up to burn on the left is a big improvement on burgess who isnt ready.

Ruiz or david? Tough one, id find a way of playing them both. Ruiz at the top of a diamond and david on the left perhaps? David did that against brentford and cardiff anyway.

Ruiz or eisfeld????? Is that a serious question? You might as well ask ruiz or fotheringham as well. Eisfeld has shown very little to suggest hes gokd enough and if I was manager he'd be dropped from the squad straight away for ruiz. Eisfeld needs to up his game big time.  Im not a lover of ruiz but theres talent there if the team is set up the right way. Jol and berbatov stopped him from flourishing for us and hopefully felix uses him properly.

Normally agree with everything you say but can't bring myself to think Ruiz deserves to be anywhere near this team. David's been targeted and he seems to be able to look after himself Ruiz would be in a heap on the floor after 5 mins

The issue with Eisfeld is that like Holtby he's a number 10 and not a winger. He played very well second half at ipswich in his correct position. The clueless muppet that is magath bought players to play in a diamond that he used in every preseason game then dropped it after 1 game. Eisfeld should be rotated with David and ruiz shipped out which I full expect to still happen

H4usuallysitting

I've got it.....make Ruiz captain and tell him that we're now called Costa Rica, and Fulham is downtown Rio

YoungsBitter

Ruiz is off to Besiktas, their window closes at end of September and no limit on outgoing contracts on us. The clubs have agreed terms they are sorting out Bryan's personal stuff.
Quark, strangeness and charm

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MrProphet on September 02, 2014, 08:58:46 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2014, 08:55:53 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2014, 08:21:57 AM
I'm  unconvinced that any of them would offer anything better than what we've got.

Would Ruiz be better than David or Elsfield? -but you would think there is a role for him in the squad.

Is Amore better than Bod, Burn, Hutchison? -maybe there is a role for him.

Is Hugo, who some say has his contact terminated better than our current strikers, now including Smith?

I always think of how Ruiz was when he played regularly for us, but after his brilliant WC perhaps he would do much better -but I'm not sure he would have the transformational effect that people expect.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I think amorebieta is better than hutchinson but hutch plays on the right.doesnt he? In that case amore as back up to burn on the left is a big improvement on burgess who isnt ready.

Ruiz or david? Tough one, id find a way of playing them both. Ruiz at the top of a diamond and david on the left perhaps? David did that against brentford and cardiff anyway.

Ruiz or eisfeld????? Is that a serious question? You might as well ask ruiz or fotheringham as well. Eisfeld has shown very little to suggest hes gokd enough and if I was manager he'd be dropped from the squad straight away for ruiz. Eisfeld needs to up his game big time.  Im not a lover of ruiz but theres talent there if the team is set up the right way. Jol and berbatov stopped him from flourishing for us and hopefully felix uses him properly.

Normally agree with everything you say but can't bring myself to think Ruiz deserves to be anywhere near this team. David's been targeted and he seems to be able to look after himself Ruiz would be in a heap on the floor after 5 mins

The issue with Eisfeld is that like Holtby he's a number 10 and not a winger. He played very well second half at ipswich in his correct position. The clueless muppet that is magath bought players to play in a diamond that he used in every preseason game then dropped it after 1 game. Eisfeld should be rotated with David and ruiz shipped out which I full expect to still happen

If ruiz goes I wont shed a tear and it looks like he is going but if he doesnt, then he would have to play some part. Even if it was off the bench. I prefer david because hes more versatile and physically suited to english football. Hes more productive too.

I really dont see what others see with eisfeld. He looked decent at ipswich but was still wasteful with the two times he was in great positions. Since then ive seen nothing, I dont think he is crap but the game passes him by. If I didnt know he was on the team sheet I wouldnt realise he was on the pitch. Theres no wow factor about him like there is with david. Why were arsenal fans sad to see him go?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

jelmo

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 02, 2014, 09:14:30 PM
Ruiz is off to Besiktas, their window closes at end of September and no limit on outgoing contracts on us. The clubs have agreed terms they are sorting out Bryan's personal stuff.

So even though our window is closed, we can still sell players??? Bizarre...

westcliff white

turkish window dates are as shown.... Turkey   Jun 14, 2014   Sep 6, 2014 (11:00 pm)

link to website here ... http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/05/the-football-summer-transfer-window-2014/

Russia and some Asian countries are also still open
Every day is a Fulham day

Jimmy Hill

One thing I don't think is touched on is the players might want to play but have large appearance fee's which the club can no longer afford. This happened with QPR and ceasar the brazil keeper. The club then try and sell the players because of this but cant agree a fee which leaves the player in the reserves. Just saying it might not all be Magath and the players fault it could be the finances of the club why these players are frozen out.