watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If We'd Signed

Started by TonyGilroy, September 02, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

players with the CVs of Ruiz, Rodallega and Amorbieta yesterday we'd have been delighted I reckon.

Assuming they weren't being played because they and/or we wanted them moved on there clearly is no reason now not to integrate them into the squad.

They need to prove themselves and we're stuck with their cost.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think they can all play a role this season.... Ruiz is our best player at the club, and with players like Hyndman, David, Woodrow and RM around him he may thrive....

Rodders and Amo are not starters, but would be good players to have on the bench.

I just look at the players we sold and the players we brought in as being far insuperior.... I think other teams in the league (our biggest rivals pre season ) have bought well, and we have fallen way behind....

It would be a miracle if we are a top half side this season....

jelmo

Depends if we take the line that we dont want them injured for the January transfer window. Wouldnt put it past us.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: jelmo on September 02, 2014, 08:54:32 AM
Depends if we take the line that we dont want them injured for the January transfer window. Wouldnt put it past us.

Can't rule that out but it would be absurd.

You have to assume that for what ever reason we couldn't get in the players we wanted but that could be a blessing in disguise.

To let them rot until January won't increase their value.

jelmo

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 02, 2014, 08:59:46 AM
Quote from: jelmo on September 02, 2014, 08:54:32 AM

Can't rule that out but it would be absurd.

You have to assume that for what ever reason we couldn't get in the players we wanted but that could be a blessing in disguise.

To let them rot until January won't increase their value.
That makes perfect sense to us and everyone on this board. Lets hope Felix thinks the same way

Southdowns White

I was one person who called Ruiz a show ground pony when he was on the pitch, he was a joke when it came to tackling, lets get him back on and get him to man up if he can, I am sure that if he can get over his fear of physical contact he would be an outstanding player. I do think the footballing world has turned over sensitive with players these days and i certainly do not believe in dangerous challenges but if you are prepared to buy in continental footballers then they should be aware that the British game is slightly more Physical than many continental leagues. I do think that rodders could have had a longer spell in the team last year, he was just about the only Fulham player to have won a header in the opponents half last season. Amorbieta has an experienced head on him, although he makes mistakes i think the youngsters would look up to him and see his tackling and physical presence, one or two physical players always sets the opponents on edge and this in turn then helps the youngsters play their quick passing football. Finally that Felix Margate bloke needs to come down from his Horse and stop holding playground grudges, he really comes across as a "it's my ball and you can't play" type person. If he continues like this he WILL be sacked,  along with  Ali Mac, after all this team and our current mess is his baby as well. 

shnlwswlkr

Going to be interesting to see if Ruiz gets played & Amo, as they haven't featured at all... I wonder if they'll put 100% in if they do.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

grandad

Perhaps they are not good enough in training to be selected. They spend more time at MP than playing league games so Magath knows what they are capable of. Bench players at best.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

I'd like to see Bryan back, but not Amore.

Amore plays at LB or LCB. Putting him into the team would require Felix to drop Stafy or Burn - both of which are (in my opinion) better players.

Bryan was unsuccessfully played at RM in the prem. I hope Felix gives him a fresh chance at CAM, RF, or even CM. I think he could be like Jordi Gomez was for Wigan in the Championship - a classy playmaker who can chip in a few goals from range/set pieces.

Slaphead in Qatar

bryan can do well. but I don't rate amo at all.

Roberty

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 02, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

players with the CVs of Ruiz, Rodallega and Amorbieta yesterday we'd have been delighted I reckon.

Assuming they weren't being played because they and/or we wanted them moved on there clearly is no reason now not to integrate them into the squad.

They need to prove themselves and we're stuck with their cost.

I remember that we were delighted when they signed - that quickly turned to despair when we realised that they were overhyped and we'd made a mistake.

So maybe we should put them under our pillow and hope the tooth-fairy visits tonight 
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

filham

Ruiz , Rodders and Lovebite have all been given good runs, by more than one Fulham manager and in a number of different roles, without success. To suggest now that our young developing players should have the responsibility of bringing them up to standard is risky and hopeful.

hovewhite

the fact they stayed I think is the reason only smith came in yesterday,and believe its a good thing.
the reasons,i believe there is enough in the squad quality wise along with strength in depth of the squad and ruiz and amore add to it,its what felix decides to do with them ,and if they show they want to give there all to the team and that matters to me as a supporter.on Saturday and the rest of this portion of this season every player has given there all to a man and I would not want the smell from last years squad souring the spirit of the youngsters and the new recruits and if that's going to be the case with ruiz and amore coming in I don't want them nor do I think felix will allow it to happen.

blingo

The only plus for lovebite is that he would take chunks out of the opposition players.

F(f)CUK

I just fear that Magath will continue the line that he does not want to play people that do not want to play for the club.  I would be absolutely delighted to see Ruiz in a number 10 position.  Hugo would be a good sub to bring on and Amorebieta provides depth at central defender

TonyGilroy

More a case of not playing players who were expected to leave I would have thought.

They and we are stuck with each other now and it makes sense to make the most of that.

They won't get a move to where they want to be unless they impress and that's the only way we get money for them or any value for their wages.

RaySmith

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 02, 2014, 11:49:38 AM
I just fear that Magath will continue the line that he does not want to play people that do not want to play for the club.  I would be absolutely delighted to see Ruiz in a number 10 position.  Hugo would be a good sub to bring on and Amorebieta provides depth at central defender

Should they play if they really don't want to play?

I also agree that they shouldn't automatically be selected ahead of players already in the team-they need to prove their worth.

Roberty

We tried playing players who were good but did not want to play for FFC last season and look what happened.

If we try that brilliant idea again we will be going down again
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

F(f)CUK

So the question to Roberty is - would you play them?

TonyGilroy

Clearly it depends on their attitude and performances if picked.

They need to impress Magath of course and I'd find it astonishing if he'd closed his mind to the idea of using them.

He may be as stubborn and mad as some think but the logic would be for him to pick what he thinks is his best team.