more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If We'd Signed

Started by TonyGilroy, September 02, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 02, 2014, 12:05:04 PM
So the question to Roberty is - would you play them?

The simple answer is NO - what is the point of having players who do not try.

At the moment everyone seems to be putting in some effort and there appears to be some team spirit.

Progress might be slow but it is at least in a forward gear.

Will we get into 5th some time soon - who know - like everyone I live in hope and see that we at least have a chance

Soon we will be playing 2 games per week for a prolonged period - hopefully FM's squad approach will pay off then.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

alfie

I always maintain the view with a lot of comments on this board about he should be playing he should not be is that -

1. None of us are at the coal face
2. None of us know what effort players are putting in during training
3. None of us know what is said during team meetings
4. So basically none of us know why he should or should or should not be playing.

We all have our favourites and get peeded off when said favourite is not played
so unless we have the answers to 1. 2. and 3 are we justified in moaning when they are or are not played.

Just a question put out there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Roberty

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 02, 2014, 12:08:32 PM

Clearly it depends on their attitude and performances if picked.

They need to impress Magath of course and I'd find it astonishing if he'd closed his mind to the idea of using them.

He may be as stubborn and mad as some think but the logic would be for him to pick what he thinks is his best team.

To refer to his mind as being CLOSED is over egging what he's said

I don't remember him saying that there was no way back
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

RaySmith

That Magath freezes people out for some reason, is a scenario presented on here as fact, but for which there is no concrete proof.

He would be mad not pick what he thinks is his best team, because his own job and reputation are on the line if we don't do well.

blingo

Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2014, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 02, 2014, 11:49:38 AM
I just fear that Magath will continue the line that he does not want to play people that do not want to play for the club.  I would be absolutely delighted to see Ruiz in a number 10 position.  Hugo would be a good sub to bring on and Amorebieta provides depth at central defender

Should they play if they really don't want to play?

I also agree that they shouldn't automatically be selected ahead of players already in the team-they need to prove their worth.

Should the club pay their wages if they don't want to play? Breach of contract? Over to you Mr TG.

cmg

Although we don't know for sure we might accept that these three wanted away. We may also accept, and perhaps even agree, that Magath did not consider these players because of this.

The situation has now changed. They are staying for the immediate future and they may well have learned that they are not such desirable commodities as they might have thought.

They haven't necessarily sworn eternal hatred against the club and may now change their minds with regard to their commitment. People do change their minds. Once this has been established they should have some part to play in our glorious ascent of the table/grim struggle against ignominy (delete as preferred).

Now the hurly-burly's done, what are we left with?

We have a squad of 30 of which a rather hair-raising 13 are 21 or under. A number of the youngsters are among the most highly regarded prospects of their respective countries. Additionally 8 of the actual u21 squad have first team experience (including Ryan Williams who is, rather oddly, not included in the first team squad).
We have 13 full international players.
I don't get overwrought about managers, they all (except Sir Alex) fail in the end, and I rather like the attitude and eccentricity of the present incumbent, but, really, anyone who can't get a decent tune out of that lot should be looking for employment in another sphere.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 02, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

players with the CVs of Ruiz, Rodallega and Amorbieta yesterday we'd have been delighted I reckon.

Assuming they weren't being played because they and/or we wanted them moved on there clearly is no reason now not to integrate them into the squad.

They need to prove themselves and we're stuck with their cost.

The trouble is we have seen them in a Fulham shirt and none have been able to make a consistently useful contribution and to hold down a regular place even in a weak side.

Maybe they can be reintegrated but I wouldn't be too sure under Magath.

Even then I wouldn't be expecting them to replace David, Woodrow or Burn, for example, based purely on merit so they may very well remain expensive squad players.

Quote from: hovewhite on September 02, 2014, 11:35:20 AM
the fact they stayed I think is the reason only smith came in yesterday,and believe its a good thing.
the reasons,i believe there is enough in the squad quality wise along with strength in depth of the squad and ruiz and amore add to it,its what felix decides to do with them ,and if they show they want to give there all to the team and that matters to me as a supporter.on Saturday and the rest of this portion of this season every player has given there all to a man and I would not want the smell from last years squad souring the spirit of the youngsters and the new recruits and if that's going to be the case with ruiz and amore coming in I don't want them nor do I think felix will allow it to happen.

Only Smith came in yesterday because we already have a very large squad (34 now with 4 out on loan) so that we probably have a policy now of "one out before one in",  the "money is no object" policy only applies to one purchase per window, and because we are now losing out to clubs like Huddersfield for our targets.

We only attracted one player, Eisfeld, from a `bigger' club and he was very much on their fringe. We attracted two players from potentially a bigger club in Leeds but their Chairman is more bonkers than anyone at our club and they don't have a manager having sacked their new manager after six games. Still they have more points than us, I suppose.

I agree in some ways we should be glad that we didn't get any more in but for me that is because none of the targets we were most closely linked with were anywhere near the quality we should be looking for.

Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 12:14:43 PM
I always maintain the view with a lot of comments on this board about he should be playing he should not be is that -

4. So basically none of us know why he should or should or should not be playing.

so unless we have the answers to 1. 2. and 3 are we justified in moaning when they are or are not played.

Yes, we are limited to what we see on the pitch but what is the point of supporting a club or even of watching a match if you don't have the occasional opinion?

What is the point of posting or reading threads or having a messageboard if there aren't opinions?

aaronmcguigan

does anyone know if these guys are still training with the first team? if not at least the international break can give them a chance to catch up or get some match fitness with their countries

F(f)CUK

I just hope that all three knuckle down with a view of trying to please FM and be picked, as it is neither the interests of Fulham or the players for the players involved to be completely out of the reckoning.  Not certain where Ruiz fits into the team, but would like to see him somewhere.

aaronmcguigan

RidgeRider

0001.jpeg

alfie

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 02, 2014, 01:41:14 PM

Yes, we are limited to what we see on the pitch but what is the point of supporting a club or even of watching a match if you don't have the occasional opinion?

What is the point of posting or reading threads or having a messageboard if there aren't opinions?

Yes i agree with you, but when someone comes on here going on about Magath freezes out players or has no man management  skills (for example) without any proof or actual knowledge, implying it as fact rather than expressing an opinion is the bit i find annoying.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2014, 01:52:52 PM
This is where real Man Management comes into play. I agree the players mentioned have to earn their places on merit, and they are under contract, so with potentially 34 players to chose from including 4 Goalkeepers, and injuries permitting, the Manager now has to earn his wages by getting the best out of any player he wishes to play within the framework of the team. Motivation and Social skills come into play now, as far as the Manager is concerned, to have a happy and contented and balanced team picked on merit, not to ignore or freeze out a player just because he doesn't like his face. The squad we have now, player for player on paper with the right Manager with the necessary skills should be able to enable Fulham FC to climb the table reasonable quickly, a Sean Dyke would be a perfect example of a Manager that would get the best out of the players in this Division, and there are plenty of others who would fall into that category. So the coming weeks should show which way we are going, we are now playing catch up, but the good news is we have plenty of time to recover, and we can rise up the ladder, but there is not a lot of room for any more errors, so target the sixth place now, and in a couple of months, we will either be pulling out hair out and heading for Beachy Head or rubbing our hands with satisfaction. The Manager holds the reigns, let's hope he does not fall off his horse, otherwise we go back down the snake to square one.

I never liked Mitros face.
He had dodgy hair, a pointed nose, a little goatie and over-perfectly manicured side burns.
I never saw a picture of him chin up to see if his nose hairs were trimmed
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

You don't have to go down a coal mine to know that it's black inside.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2014, 04:15:26 PM

Many hands make llight work
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

I am assuming this is in response to my comment, if so I find it a bit odd if you continuously judge someone on what you think that person is like rather than actually knowing.

Still that is just my opinion and not necessarily factual.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 06:25:58 PM

I am assuming this is in response to my comment, if so I find it a bit odd if you continuously judge someone on what you think that person is like rather than actually knowing.

Still that is just my opinion and not necessarily factual.

Is that LIGHT I see at the end of that tunnel ????? lol

Julius Geezer

For a minute, when I heard Ruiz hadn't left I felt pleased.

I thought, "Wow, maybe he wants to be here then? One of the stand out players in the World Cup! He could crucify the Championship!"

Then the more I think of it - he will still leave, he's going to be as fragile and committed as he was last season and actually he was absolutely pathetic in the first part of last season.....

So much so that I don't think he deserves to play for us again!

He jumped ship because he couldn't give a rats 4rse about us!

People have short memories!

Yes I know, the whole team/squad/club was awful last year but certain players brought embarrassment on the club and he was one of them!