Started by premFlem, September 02, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think we'll finish this season? POLL

Play off position (possibly promotion)
mid table
bottom 6 (possibly relegation)
Haven't got a clue

premFlem

Where do you think we'll finish this season? It'll be nice to know how confident we are.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

HatterDon

As I have said since the big turnover of personnel in May/June, I figure about 8-12. You can't have a huge clearout like we've had and expect a serious promotion contender. This is a consolidation year and a building year. NEXT season we make a move to get back.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I originally predicted 14th. Talk of promotion was fanciful and only for the heavily medicated. Now I have seen nothing that changes my mind. So half way I hope. Although that is still way too optimistic at present.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Reznor

I sort of think we will finish maybe around 14th. Not enough back bone for the team to compete well, our midfield is lacking in bite and will cost us many points.

mangoputney

Not confident, little bit under whelmed, distrust Khan, if team settles surely mid table 11th - 15th

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Deanothefulhamfan

At the start of the season, before we started selling everyone I thought our team would be too strong for this league and we would go back up as Champions... Unfortunately FM has thought otherwise, sold all our players, replaced them with rubbish, played players out of positions and experimented with different formations.

Whilst he is in charge, I honestly think we will do well to avoid relegation. We are a very bad team in this division, and his starting lineups and substitutions, will continue to harm us, unless he stops experimenting.... He is improving and learning from his mistakes, and if he does continue to learn we could be a decent team.

westcliff white

id like to believe we will be playoff or promotion bound, that's me heart kicking in, my head says we could well finish bottom of the mid table area say 13-16, head is thinking after the start we have had
Every day is a Fulham day

premFlem

The purchase of Matt Smith could be the clincher, a ready made striking duo with championship experience who would have believed we could have pulled that one off .
Once the midfield is sorted I'm quietly confident we'll be pushing for the play offs.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Apprentice to the Maestro

I haven't got a clue.

I've been impressed by the opposition, not in outright quality but in their general organisation, fitness, energy and ability on the break. No easy matches.

We have had no clean sheets in the league. We have only been in the lead once. Our highest score is 1. One point from a possible nine at home.

Will Magath come good? Will Magath be sacked in a month's time? Who will take over? Too many variables.

My second best guess would be lower half of the table.

grandad

I think mid table. If we were to get promoted we would have to then buy quite a number of big signings. You would expect to pay something like £50 million to provide for players who would be good enough for us to retain our status.
Next summer is where would have to create a team that would take us up at the end of the 2015/16 season.
If promotion takes longer I fear of being able to keep our current youngsters. The next crop do not look anything as good.
Where there's a will there's a wife

zander

I'd say mid table at best with the way things currently are. The play-offs will be a real struggle to reach, we can only afford another 5 or 6 losses to be in with a shout.

We've got the basis of a good team and with the youngsters having a full season we should be in a good position to really push on next summer and felix will be out of contract.

Nick Bateman

I am now saying mid-table.  We should have been challenging for top honours but with this fool at the helm everything will take longer.  Khan hasn't got the ambition to drive the management enough and looks likely to accept a second-rate season.

Khan will not allow Magath to be permitted to take us down, I believe.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

crazycottager

we will sack magath eventually, and improve results, finish midtable, and maybe go up next year, or we set the world alight, get to playoffs, and push for promotion.

filham

The team is full of promise but unable to score goals, lets hope that now the transfer window is out of the way a settled team will slowly develop.

At this moment we are in a relegation position and must concentrate on getting some points on the board. Mid table by Christmas would be great, we can't expect more.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

i have gone with havent a clue, mainly because i still dont believe felix will pick our best players every week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nevzter

Lucky #13, with a push next season.  Strange days the start of this season, indeed.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Burt

Mid table.

This season is all about rebuilding from scratch and consolidation.

Next season is about pushing on from there.

ToodlesMcToot

Mid table.

Khan may have sold us and himself on a promotion push but, I believe he's been convinced that it's more economically feasible as well as "sustainable" to remain in this league another season to prepare our young team for the PL. If we were promoted this season, the next would require an epic (for Fulham) outlay of cash on PL worthy players to have any hope of remaining. If we take our time and prep our younger players, most of whom are proving that they are barely ready for this level, then perhaps promotion won't cost so much.

We shall see.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlexH

Mid Table. I'd be happy if come the beginning of April we're on a red hot streak and chasing the play-offs.