Started by premFlem, September 02, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think we'll finish this season? POLL

Play off position (possibly promotion)
mid table
bottom 6 (possibly relegation)
Haven't got a clue

Fernhurst

My original predication for this season was 8th ........ After the acquisition of the goal machine (1 in 5?) my giddy heart predicted 6th and a play off spot.

After our heart wrenching Felix warm up games we now find ourselves in a perilous position and mid table mediocrity would feel like a week in the sun.

Let's hope for a bit more, but 8th is my top whack at the mo.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

nose

i am amazed that with one point from five games, only three goals scored and no substantial transfer movement into the club.... how few people have gone for bottom 6. Personally the choices are not what i would have put because I think we will finish 7th or 8th from bottom with scares of relegation only averted three or four games from the season end, and that is not mid table

the idea of a top 6 finish is as likely as me beating Bolt in a 100M race.

davew

Quote from: grandad on September 02, 2014, 03:11:43 PM
I think mid table. If we were to get promoted we would have to then buy quite a number of big signings. You would expect to pay something like £50 million to provide for players who would be good enough for us to retain our status.
Quote from: grandad on September 02, 2014, 03:11:43 PMOnly 50 million, that would certainly guarantee relegation again!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bedford White

For sure the last five games haven't given much cause for celebration but it's a long season. We grow stronger with each game and our young players are finding their feet. We may well have a tough season but let's try to be positive.

For all the reasons to be pessimistic about our chances this season, there are as many reasons to be optimistic. I'm hoping for a top six finish, why not. Surely that's got to be better than expecting the worst and being proven right.

Andy S

Like wise top six for me although I doubt that we will win promotion

GloucesterWhite

At the beginning of the season I thought we might have a late run and get in the playoffs. My heart says that may still be possible if we buy in January, but my head says mid-table.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2014, 12:52:30 PM
As I have said since the big turnover of personnel in May/June, I figure about 8-12. You can't have a huge clearout like we've had and expect a serious promotion contender. This is a consolidation year and a building year. NEXT season we make a move to get back.
The big danger with that scenario is we lose the best kids at the end of this year and are set to spend many years in this division. That's why it is so important to get promoted this year IMO, and why the last few weeks have been so depressing.

Jem

Quote from: nose on September 02, 2014, 06:35:01 PM
i am amazed that with one point from five games, only three goals scored and no substantial transfer movement into the club.... how few people have gone for bottom 6. Personally the choices are not what i would have put because I think we will finish 7th or 8th from bottom with scares of relegation only averted three or four games from the season end, and that is not mid table

Perhaps you should get Magath as your personal trainer. Who knows!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

fulhamben

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 02, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought we might have a late run and get in the playoffs. My heart says that may still be possible if we buy in January, but my head says mid-table.
weve the squad we hve, i can only see us getting better
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

Quote from: Jem on September 02, 2014, 09:45:41 PM

Perhaps you should get Magath as your personal trainer. Who knows!

ha ha
when i was at my very fittest i could run forever but as a sprinter i was always last... that is why at my advanced age i am still happy playing football with all the youngsters going faster than me... because i am used to being the slowest

The Rock

I said mid table, simply because there are about 5-6 teams somehow significantly worse than us. No matter what, they do they just won't have the quality.

Just like last year!

f321ffc

I hope your right, anywhere above the relegation places will be a bonus the way things are going. I  really hope Felix turns it around but I am very sceptical .
COYW :dead horse: 049:gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

WolverineFFC

Mid table. Too much talent to languish at the bottom, but too inexperienced to get in the playoff push.

terryr

Promoted
Its starting to come together. I believe we will have a run of wins. Its a long season and the teams we have played have all been together for a while.
Have faith.
Wait and see.

Bedford White

Quote from: TerryR on September 03, 2014, 12:31:15 AM
Promoted
Its starting to come together. I believe we will have a run of wins. Its a long season and the teams we have played have all been together for a while.
Have faith.
Wait and see.

:plus one:  049:gif

premFlem

I know these kind of polls can't be taken to seriously but
this one appears to indicate that  roughly 75% of FoF member's think we will finish mid table or higher, which considering we have just the one point from five games seems very positive indeed.
It'll be interesting if we have the same poll in a month or two what kind of changes in voting if any occur.

Play off position (possibly
promotion) 49 (26.9%)
mid table 89 (48.9%)
bottom 6 (possibly relegation) 28 (15.4%)
Haven't got a clue 16 (8.8%)

Total Voters: 182
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Skatzoffc

imo, mid table.

But looking at teams promoted in past years, a slow (or disastrous) start is not the end of the world.

Teams have had poor points tallies early on, then shot up the table half way thro the season to reach the playoffs.
The momentum has then carried them thro to promotion.

So plenty of time (and games) left to move on up.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !