watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who should go out on loan?

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, September 02, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

We have a 30 man First Team should and that excludes Stekelenburg, Mitroglou, Kacaniklic and Tunnicliffe who are already out on loan.

That seems an excessively large squad (but true to past form of our manager).

Ruiz, Rodallega and Amorebieta might still go out on loan overseas.

Some players like Zverotic (yes, he is still with us) and Kiraly are destined to be backups.

That still leaves room for some of the younger players to go out on loan to play regularly and gain experience at a level above Youth where they have played most of their games. Those would be Burgess, Vigen Christensen and Dembele in my eyes.

westcliff white

Some of the young guns will go on loan in my opinion, cant see where Ruiz, Amorebieta and Hugo will go, no top league can loan players till January.

Not to sure that Kiraly will be the back up
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

To go out on loan?

A mix of: Dembelé, LVC, G.Williams, Donnelly, Burgess, Joronen, Kavanagh, Passley, Grimmer, Trotta, Plumain, Cole, Sambou, Arthurworrey.

I'll doubt we'll find a place for all of them. But getting some of them regular first team spots will be invaluable in their development.

bog

Quote from: westcliff white on September 02, 2014, 12:44:34 PM
Some of the young guns will go on loan in my opinion, cant see where Ruiz, Amorebieta and Hugo will go, no top league can loan players till January.

Not to sure that Kiraly will be the back up

The transfer window is still open for some leagues, I believe.

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 02, 2014, 12:57:23 PM
To go out on loan?

A mix of: Dembelé, LVC, G.Williams, Donnelly, Burgess, Joronen, Kavanagh, Passley, Grimmer, Trotta, Plumain, Cole, Sambou, Arthurworrey.

I'll doubt we'll find a place for all of them. But getting some of them regular first team spots will be invaluable in their development.

I was working from the First Team list but, yes, some of the U21s might go out as well.

I would probably keep G. Williams because he offers width and crosses. Joronen might for a short loan but usually we seem to keep three goalkeepers.

Trotta doesn't appear in the First Team list and never seems to get anywhere at the club so he should be a high priority.

Also there is R. Williams.

filham

We surely need to find places for Rodders, Ruis and Lovebite in order to reduce the wage bill and to help team spirit, it can't help having unhappy stars swanning around the training ground knowing they are not going to play in the 1st team.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2014, 04:53:06 PM
We surely need to find places for Rodders, Ruis and Lovebite in order to reduce the wage bill and to help team spirit, it can't help having unhappy stars swanning around the training ground knowing they are not going to play in the 1st team.

Rodallega came out and said he had turned other clubs down so he could stay and play for us...

FPT

Looking at the first team squad and the U21s; I think it makes logical sense to send Jack Grimmer out on loan. He's seemingly peaked at youth football, and to further his development he needs to be playing the mens game. He impressed at Port Vale, and it wouldn't surprise me to see another League One side give him a chance to play.

Lasse Vigen Christensen does need to play games, but we also need the depth in central midfield. I suppose if we have the 24 hour recall option, then we could manage with Parker, Hyndman, Fotheringham and Fazlic with Tim Hoogland an option too. I really enjoyed watching the lad at U21 level, but against Millwall he was very nervy and that seemed to affect his ability to be a real force in matches. A loan to a League One side where he can get games under his belt and the ball at his feet would be ideal.

I do believe that Moussa Dembele has a tonne of talent, he's got so much potential. As we've seen, he's quite raw and has perhaps struggled to transform his youth form to the upper level. He's physically quite impressive for an 18 year old, and I think that's a figure we need to remember, he's 18 years of age; and that makes me feel like he's best here. Training with some of the better players in the Football League and taking snippets of league football. He's got a lot to learn, and I think he's best off learning slowly. Could he go to League One and score into double figures? Yes, he's got that ability, but I'm not convinced that going that way would be the best for his long term development.

Obvious ones also are Josh Passley, I think he can develop into a really good player, and with Hoogland, Voser and even Zverotic contracted to the club, he needs to go out and play football, against more complete wingers in a more competitive environment. Along with Passley, I'm looking at Plumain, who has obviously already played in the French Ligue 2.

I may as well chuck Mesca into the mix as well. Interestingly involved with the first team in pre-season and retained his squad number (which Passley did not), which suggested he was in the mind of Magath; however, with us going down the line of a narrow diamond, and 2 or 3 ahead of him if we do use a left winger, it's best for him to go and play.

Lyle Della Verde is another weird one, he joined from Southend at 16 having been named on the bench for the first team, and I haven't really heard much since. Maybe SouthfieldWhite or another can update me, but he's 20 this season. You could chuck Buatu under the same brush too, Angola international but turns 21 in a couple of weeks, comes across to me as very physically impressive.

Couple more quick ones, Stephen Arthurworrey and Tom Richards, both to play games and a number of players ahead of them for first team football, and Marcello Trotta speaks for itself.

Could we even get all of these out on loan and get guarantees that they'd play? I doubt it, I know for certain that for people that don't know, would be much more excited about "Manchester United youngster" than "Fulham youngster."

Deanothefulhamfan

Grimmer and Arturworrey are both out of contract at the end of the season, whilst I agree sending them out on loan is a good idea, I do worry they would become forgotton, and simply released at the end of the season.

Arturworrey potentially maybe a decent league one player, but not much higher, but Grimmer imo has potential to play at a higher level, so losing him on a free would be a disaster.

The other names being thrown about I agree with.....

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 02, 2014, 07:48:05 PM
Rodallega came out and said he had turned other clubs down so he could stay and play for us...

I think that's what you say when you couldn't get a move and you want to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deanothefulhamfan

Borini did the same thing, turns out clubs were not prepared to pay his 90k a week wage demands....

Rodallega is the highest earner at our club, so offloading him was always going to be tricky.

Footballers are more interested in money then playing football, not that I blame them... but the game we love has  been ruined by money unfortunately.

JackyFulham90

I think Burgess, Christensen & Dembele should be given loan spells away from the club up until January as they are all talented just not quite ready for us yet