watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I love Matt Smith

Started by Nick Bateman, September 02, 2014, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

You heard it here first.  I love Matt Smith playing in a Fulham shirt.  I have been so impressed with him the way he took apart Liverpool a couple of years ago showed he is one of the most powerful traditional centre-forwards in ENGLAND!!

We now have raided Leeds of their best players; McCormack is looking our best striker proving you cannot win games with youth only and with Smith alongside, Fulham will start to turn around results from some of our decent performances.

Magath seems to be finally listening to critics such as myself, and numerous others; the last team he picked reflected that, with a change of goalkeeper, Dan Burn to replace the blundering Burgess, Stafylidis at left-back not midfield, Chris David starting and in the heart of midfield and McCormack given 90 minutes.

He is hanging onto his job by his fingernails, and Fulham played the BEST EVER under this German coach.  We pressed the opposition, passed quickly certainly in the first half and created problems for them, unlike many of our efforts in previous matches.

However, Magath soon reverted to the idiot he still is, substituting David and bringing some indian shopkeeper for his debut in a match we needed a goal.  Why does he still persist in experimenting at crucial times??

He still has not given a look in to two international players Bryan Ruiz and Mitroglou for no apparent reason.  The transfer window (for clubs they may want to go to) has now shut so there are no more excuses for the Felix Magath Fan Club to defend their man's incompetence in not including these two even in our squad!

But Fulham are starting to play after the DEVASTATION committed by the bungling Borussian axing so many experienced members who would have been stars in this lower league.  I saw him blaming the young players HE insisted on selecting in the Fulham press conference, it was pitiful.  Hence the return of the seniors and listening to the common sense view of the majority of observers.

There is now at least a chink of light in the cloud that Magath has caused.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Captain Fulhamerica

Largely agree with you, although we won't be playing Mitro since he's gone on loan.

Magath has been been quick to point the finger at everyone but himself, but with the window closed it's put up or shut up time. If we aren't back on track winning matches by mid-late September he has to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycottager

Mr. Bateman, you sure live up to your name. 086.gif fp.gif :Get Coat gif: but you're right, magath has to go by september lest havoc rain down upon us

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MJs Statue on September 02, 2014, 04:38:18 PM
Largely agree with you, although we won't be playing Mitro since he's gone on loan.

Magath has been been quick to point the finger at everyone but himself, but with the window closed it's put up or shut up time. If we aren't back on track winning matches by mid-late September he has to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was not aware of Mitoglou out on loan.  Al Fayed would have SACKED his CEO for buying such a waste of money without giving him a chance!

I'd wager Mitroglou will score a hatfull of goals, wherever he goes.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Pub Breath

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 02, 2014, 04:33:53 PM
You heard it here first.  I love Matt Smith playing in a Fulham shirt.  I have been so impressed with him the way he took apart Liverpool a couple of years ago showed he is one of the most powerful traditional centre-forwards in ENGLAND!!

We now have raided Leeds of their best players;

:D  I know it sort of makes fans of other clubs feel good when they say stuff like this but it isn't really true i'm afraid.

McCormack was our best player last season, absolutely undisputed.  We've made 15 signings since then including the ludicrously talented Adryan. Smith was a very long way from being one of our best players.  He divided opinion with the fans and also across 3 managers, with all of them failing to give him a regular starting spot.  I'd say most fans would struggle to put Smith in our top 5 players before the transfer frenzy began, let alone after 15 players have come in.

Smith will do very well, with the right service.  He isn't a great footballer, he's a massive headache of a player that causes problems for defenders and his heading is now pretty damned good.  He went because we wanted to sell him, not because you "raided" us.  He signed a 3 year contract a few weeks ago but then we signed players that Cellino decided suited us more, so we moved him on.

Slaphead in Qatar

We now have raided Leeds of their best players; McCormack is looking our best striker proving you cannot win games with youth only and with Smith alongside, Fulham will start to turn around results from some of our decent performances.

Magath seems to be finally listening to critics such as myself, and numerous others; the last team he picked reflected that, with a change of goalkeeper, Dan Burn to replace the blundering Burgess, Stafylidis at left-back not midfield, Chris David starting and in the heart of midfield and McCormack given 90 minutes.

He is hanging onto his job by his fingernails, and Fulham played the BEST EVER under this German coach.  We pressed the opposition, passed quickly certainly in the first half and created problems for them, unlike many of our efforts in previous matches.

However, Magath soon reverted to the idiot he still is, substituting David and bringing some indian shopkeeper for his debut in a match we needed a goal.  Why does he still persist in experimenting at crucial times??

He still has not given a look in to two international players Bryan Ruiz and Mitroglou for no apparent reason.  The transfer window (for clubs they may want to go to) has now shut so there are no more excuses for the Felix Magath Fan Club to defend their man's incompetence in not including these two even in our squad!

But Fulham are starting to play after the DEVASTATION committed by the bungling Borussian axing so many experienced members who would have been stars in this lower league.  I saw him blaming the young players HE insisted on selecting in the Fulham press conference, it was pitiful.  Hence the return of the seniors and listening to the common sense view of the majority of observers.

referring to the sub as some indian shopkeeper is not accurate, not funny, and racist.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think he may have listened a bit to Ross McCormack, who strikes me as an intelligent guy.
In fact Matt Smiths transfer could well have been initiated by Small Mac

Small Mac and Big Matt  !!!!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

PeterFFC

bringing some indian shopkeeper for his debut in a match

If you are referring to Chihi, then you are both wrong and making a racial stereotype.
He's Moroccan and not all Indians are shop keepers. 

Frank

Please have a look in Mitroglou yourself. Go the clubs media center and then to "Archieve Highlight" then go to the match WBA - Fulham and watch the 63rd minute. There you can see Mitroglou in action. He runs to an opponent player. This player passes the ball to a player nearby. Instead of tackling this player Mitroglou walks away. He came on three minutes before. His team is one goal in front but he doesn' t help his team to defend the lead.
This was not question of skill or fitness but a question of character.

Burt

Erm... Mr. B, I have said it to you before, please try and resist the temptation to detract from the points you are making with these sorts of unnecessary statements which may only serve to wind others up...

Thanks

Burt

alfie

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

Erm... Mr. B, I have said it to you before, please try and resist the temptation to detract from the points you are making with these sorts of unnecessary statements which may only serve to wind others up...

Thanks

Burt

He substituted David because he was knackered, but don't let that ruin a good story.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

We have the basis of a very useful football team, and a decent squad to choose from, Matt Smith will bring a new dimension to the team/squad and should be a good addition. It's getting fairly clear more or less and shaping up as to who the starting eleven is, depending on opinion, its 11 from 14 to start, so it's a question of being consistent in team selections, which breeds familiarity and team spirit, it's time to build on the last couple of performances and results v Cardiff,  Brentford, then with a settled starting line up, there then has to be good judgement on the timing and decision making with regard to the substitutions. This is basics that this Manager should be aware of, yet he still appears to muddle along sleep walking, some people may say he is now in the last chance saloon, as he has been shown be not only naive, but he appears to make errors that a Sunday morning Football Manager would have the sense not to make, that is no offence intended to any of these fine Men/Women who do a splendid and epic job every week.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Martinsback

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 02, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

referring to the sub as some indian shopkeeper is not accurate, not funny, and racist.

Whilst I agree that Mr Bateman is being boorish and rude I think that under the definition of Racism as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary it is not "racism".

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

As I said..just boorish.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Martinsback on September 02, 2014, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 02, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

Whilst I agree that Mr Bateman is being boorish and rude I think that under the definition of Racism as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary it is not "racism".

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

As I said..just boorish.

I entirely disagree. Referring to our manager as German and clearly Chihi as Indian shopkeeper is entirely racist if not overt, then subtle.....it is unnecessary to make that distinction, even though it MAY be factual.

blingo

Master Bate man, I will be interested to hear your opinion of FM when we go on a winning run.

Woolly Mammoth

Do I detect an air of hostility in this Forum. I sincerely hope for all our sakes. We do go on a winning run of Biblical Proportions, just to cheer us all up, and to give us all good reason to have street parties to celebrate the joy and privilege of being a Fulham Supporter, so a few more victories and we can roll out the barrels.

Never forget your Roots.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2014, 07:33:29 PM
Do I detect an air of hostility in this Forum. I sincerely hope for all our sakes. We do go on a winning run of Biblical Proportions, just to cheer us all up, and to give us all good reason to have street parties to celebrate the joy and privilege of being a Fulham Supporter, so a few more victories and we can roll out the barrels.

Me too. Unfortunately we've seen 2.5 years of lousy results and now relegation. Tensions are high. We need to remember we are all Fulham at the end of the day.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.