https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I love Matt Smith

Started by Nick Bateman, September 02, 2014, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Martinsback on September 02, 2014, 11:02:12 PM

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 02, 2014, 06:52:56 PM

Everyone on this board knows that already...so why mention it again? Is he trying to educate us? He also used the term Indian shopkeeper in the same post....are you defending that as well?

I will certainly defend the right of all posters to call Felix a German as it is pretty reasonable given that he is...well German!

As to the shop keeper thing its nonsense and rude and probably deliberately to try and denigrate a player who is not even Indian. However, shopkeepers are a good sort and we need them so it's not the insult that Mr Bateman might think it is.

Again, is that because we ALL don't know he is German already???? Is it for educational purposes and you are the teacher? Why not call McCormack the our 'Scottish forward' or Hyndman our 'American midfielder'. Why do you deem it necessary? We all know it already and it is entirely irrelevant. Mr. Bateman was on another of his typical rants and clearly anti-Magath so there is more to the 'our German manager' than to point to the obvious (his country of origin) or help inform those who our reading this board and still don't know that Magath is German.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 02, 2014, 09:27:59 PM
Germans are not a race.  Secondly, I was deriding the substitution of a debutant at such an important time.  My first impression was that Chihi looked like an "Indian shopkeeper", so I used comic license to describe him as such on this board.  Had he looked like a Norwegian fisherman I would have used that description, but he didn't!!  It is not racist to express likenesses as Martinsback pointed out and people should never bandy about ridiculous extreme accusations at the slightest whim.

We are in danger of allowing the goalposts to be moved by the modern culture, those who promote endless foul language, tattoos on every part of the body, lads with trousers hanging down their ankles or girls seen drunk out on the street.  If the late, great Tommy Trinder had seen this is becoming the norm he would have been mortified!!

Nick, your comments offended me and others. The post was reported by other members and your rants and this rant especially was filled with venom. Comic license, really? You have been warned by every Moderator on this board and continue to push the envelope. Making racist comments and then hiding behind comic license, is well, comical. Consider this your final warning.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Did you know that pound-for-pound a grasshopper can jump higher than a kangaroo ?

Source  ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES