Main Menu

The Free Agent market

Started by FPT, September 02, 2014, 06:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

I'm expecting a late move for Barry Chuckle to shore up our midfield

H4usuallysitting

Christian Poulsen

In the 89th minute of the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifier against Sweden, Sweden's Markus Rosenberg struck Poulsen, who in turn punched Rosenberg.[27] After conferring with his assistant referee, referee Fandel sent off Poulsen and awarded Sweden a penalty, which was never taken as a fan ran onto the pitch trying to punch the referee. The Danish player Michael Gravgaard grabbed a hold of the fan but the referee abandoned the game.......

So if were losing.....send on Poulsen, and he'll get the game abandoned

Sgt Fulham

Simao any day if that's the one that I'm thinking of.

St Eve

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 02, 2014, 07:37:24 PM
The way things are being run, all we'll get is Titus Bramble!
Yeah and play him on the wing

Deanothefulhamfan

Jack Collison and Etherington would be decent additions to our midfield, everyone else is to unrealistic or simply not god enough.....

Frimpong, went to Zenit I believe

JackyFulham90

Jack Collision would be a really good signing for us

westcliff white

Etherington is truly awful these days, Maiga, Collison, Ninis or N'Guero would be the best for me of the list
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Im always sceptical about signing freebies this late. Most of those players would have been released on july1st. So why has no one else snapped them up? Anyone remember signing tavares in november? Wasnt he released in feb and didnt even make the bench?

Injury prone,  money or attitude will be the reasons they are still free agents and im not sure that is the right road to go down. As good as diarra and karagounis were, it was resorting to money pinching that got us relegated. Khan should of just invested more to sign a couple of quality players  

If im pushed to sign any of them to suit fulham it would be eagles and collison but bolton have struggled since relegation and dont want eagles??? You gotta ask yourself why. Same with collison, he struggles with injuries. Normally you get what you pay for and thats what I see on that list. Lets be honest theres not one player there that we would think to buy for a transfer fee that is realistic so why sign them now? A couple of loans is probably a better option
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bronaldinho

Quote from: FPT on September 02, 2014, 06:26:37 PM
With the window shut, thought I'd just post a list of players currently available on frees still.

- Ronaldinho
- Victor Valdes
- Hugo Almeida
- Chris Eagles
- Innocent Emeghara
- Wout Brama
- Sotiris Ninis
- Emmanuel Pogatetz
- Roland Lamah
- Landry N'Guemo
- Jack Collison
- Christian Poulson
- Jermaine Pennant
- Milan Baros
- Joseph Yobo
- Matthew Etherington
- Simao
- Samuel Inkoom
- Tomasz Kuszczak
- Alou Diarra
- Florent Malouda
- Eric Djemba-Djemba
- Andy Johnson
- McDonald Mariga
- Christian Bolanos
- Titus Bramble
- Darius Vassell
- Mahamadou Diarra
- Dickson Etuhu

Almeida would have been lovely. If we couldn't get Diarra back, Mariga, Inkoom or Collison would have been nice. Ninis was once a star, but he's faded.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Rudolph

I'd like to give Innocent Emeghara a chance to prove himself at this level.

westcliff white

Eagles was on a lot of money i think, maybe it was a cost saving measure?
Every day is a Fulham day

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: westcliff white on September 03, 2014, 09:40:22 AM

I always liked the Eagles.........

dannyboi-ffc

I did say most free agents at this stage are down to injuries, money or attitude. If he was on good money id assume he doesnt intend to take a pay cut and cant find anyone to bow down to his demands. A good player if the deal suits fulham but we made that mistake with hugo who offered very little return for his salary and as a result we are lumbered with him because no one would match his wages.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Nero

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2014, 11:06:00 AM

I did say most free agents at this stage are down to injuries, money or attitude. If he was on good money id assume he doesnt intend to take a pay cut and cant find anyone to bow down to his demands. A good player if the deal suits fulham but we made that mistake with hugo who offered very little return for his salary and as a result we are lumbered with him because no one would match his wages.

There also the case with these free agent they are on £0 pounds per week at the moment and how long there ego will take them to except what is reasonable offer

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Nero on September 03, 2014, 11:10:29 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2014, 11:06:00 AM

There also the case with these free agent they are on £0 pounds per week at the moment and how long there ego will take them to except what is reasonable offer

Yep your right, eventually they will have to face reality and swallow their pride. But even then you have to be lucky enough to find a good professional. One thats been keeping themselves fit and that would be happy/grateful for the opportunity. Diarra and karagounis were fantastic professionals and great representatives of our club in that respect but diarras injuries and karas age were a big issue. No matter how great a player is/was when they're stuggling to find a club in september there will always be a catch.

Does anyone remember tavares from a couple of years ago. Not even sure if thats how you spell it?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FMS

Ronaldinho would not have massive wages because he has been playing in Brazil for the last couple of years and is still a phenomenal player and after watching Giorgios Karagounis at the world cup he can still drive a team forward as well as being fantastic at organising the team defensively which is what Fulham need at the moment.

Bedford White

Quote from: FMS on September 03, 2014, 11:59:04 AM
Ronaldinho would not have massive wages because he has been playing in Brazil for the last couple of years and is still a phenomenal player and after watching Giorgios Karagounis at the world cup he can still drive a team forward as well as being fantastic at organising the team defensively which is what Fulham need at the moment.

Wouldn't be absolutely epic to sign Ronaldinho???  As for Giorgios Karagounis I'd love him to join us in a  mentoring support role, much like Kiraly.

f321ffc

Quote from: Rudolph on September 03, 2014, 09:39:35 AM
I'd like to give Innocent Emeghara a chance to prove himself at this level.
He is only innocent until proven guilty  049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

David Allen Crankshaw

According to Wikipedia, Andy Johnson has just joined Crystal Palace.

Pie and mash

I'd like to see us make a late swoop for Eagles.