watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You gotta hand it to Hyndmann

Started by MasterHaynes, September 02, 2014, 06:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Only his 3rd game and the opta stats support the many calls for him as candidate for MOM.
He made more passes than anyone else on the Fulham team, which also meant he constantly made himself available to receive the ball and didn't hide.
He out scored a very good and experienced player like Whittingham (I hoped we might have got him here a few seasons ago) is a tremendous achievement but to have out tackled him, especially as Whittingham had more defending to do, is impressive. Whittingham was fully occupied by Hyndmanns movement and passing that it prevented him from having any efforts on goal, which was a real plus given his record of scoring from 20-30 yards.
Emerson should be very proud of his performance as we all are.  065.gif 049:gif

bigalffc

:plus one: totally agree, this lad has been the suprise of the season so far, putting felix's team selections to one side that is
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

nose

a very good game and what was most impressive was I thought he improved as the match continued.

YoungsBitter

Agree, watching highlights he is a revelation. All the hype has been about Roberts but watching Hyndman ping cross field passes to feet and tackle when needed he is finally the Danny Murphy replacement we have all been whining about. If he can physically stay the pace of 40+ games we have a name I would rather see on the team sheet ahead of Parker.
Quark, strangeness and charm

cmg

One of the high spots of the season (small field so far admittedly).

He has looked class for a number of years now. Two things have helped his advancement.

1. He has grown a bit quite quickly. At one time he was probably smaller than Pat Roberts. He's no giant now, but the last year has seen him gain some height and stature.

2. Our relegation and subsequent clear out of dross has left space for him to show what he can do, perhaps two years earlier than might have happened.

He's been well handled by the club up to now and it is to be hoped that too heavy a burden is not placed on him.
Young players rarely show consistent development, so, hopefully, he will be able to cope with any flat spots in his career.

It would be great if he were to get a US cap soon.

Arthur

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments expressed in this post. Hyndman has been highly impressive. For someone just starting out, he's demonstrated remarkable confidence. He is certainly not afraid to receive the ball in situations where he could be tackled, and yet he is so agile that he frequently fends off the strongest of challenges.

I may be being too idealistic, but an attacking trio of he, David and Ruiz in midfield could be quite something.

Black, White and Fred

As I Brit I would like to say its nice to have a quality yank in the team again. Well done Hyndman!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

HatterDon

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 03, 2014, 03:30:33 AM
As I Brit I would like to say its nice to have a quality yank in the team again. Well done Hyndman!

mumble, grumble, mumble
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

There was a thread about him a few weeks ago, which was the first thread on FOF in a very very long time, where everyone agreed on something.....This kid is excellent, easily our best player of the season, to think he is only 18 is scary, as he is going to be ridiculous in a few years.

First name on the teamsheet for me, but probably the first youngster we will lose if we fail to go up..... Enjoy it while it lasts, as he is destined for greatness

btings

US fans who haven't followed Fulham before have just found out who he is.  There may be an influx if he looks good against the Czechs.

beijing ben

An absolute gem.. Excellent against Cardiff. Impressive strength for his age. A must in the starting line up..

epsomraver

Quote from: btings on September 03, 2014, 03:58:00 AM
US fans who haven't followed Fulham before have just found out who he is.  There may be an influx if he looks good against the Czechs.

Always a down side to everything :005:

filham

Hyndman looked very good against Cardiff and so did David,
In fact the mid field diamond of  Hoogland, Parker, David and Hyndman was the best we have seen all season, I wonder if Felix was impressed enough not to tamper with it for a while.

With Roberts and Ryan Williams waiting to step in our midfield is not looking to bad.

supersimmo123

I think David doesnt quite make Magaths fitness grade, he does seem to peter out towards the 50/60 min mark. Well did against Cardiff anyway.

Hyndman is fantastic, but Magath will more than likely drop him against Reading. In many ways its a shame he got his first call up as he will be travelling long distance before the game on the 13th. However delighted for the lad on a personal note and full credit to him. Lets hope he has a long and successful career at FFC.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: supersimmo123 on September 03, 2014, 10:35:56 AM
I think David doesnt quite make Magaths fitness grade, he does seem to peter out towards the 50/60 min mark. Well did against Cardiff anyway.

Hyndman is fantastic, but Magath will more than likely drop him against Reading. In many ways its a shame he got his first call up as he will be travelling long distance before the game on the 13th. However delighted for the lad on a personal note and full credit to him. Lets hope he has a long and successful career at FFC.

Does anyone know why David was taken off? He seemed to some very heavy tackles. Was he bruised and did he stiffen up or did he tire like Parker?

MJG

He was fine,  his reaction said it all when his number went up.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on September 03, 2014, 08:24:24 AM
Quote from: btings on September 03, 2014, 03:58:00 AM
US fans who haven't followed Fulham before have just found out who he is.  There may be an influx if he looks good against the Czechs.

Always a down side to everything

You certainly seem to have an easy time finding them. I'll credit you that.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 03, 2014, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: supersimmo123 on September 03, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

Does anyone know why David was taken off? He seemed to some very heavy tackles. Was he bruised and did he stiffen up or did he tire like Parker?

Likely only FM knows that. David seemed fine (healthy) to me and looked quite angry to be pulled.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bill2

Not only was his distribution precise and quick as the game went on he started getting involved in a few tackles, especially at the end of the game, and he won them against much bigger opposition.

If he keeps this up expct a few offers coming in.

Skatzoffc

He was my motm against Cardiff.
His 1st touch is excellent and he is always moving, always wanting the ball.

He keeps the ball moving with simple, quick accurate passing.

We need him on a long contract as Arsenal or Manure will get him for buttons otherwise.

An outstanding talent.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !