watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

World Cup Match Thread for Wednesday

Started by RidgeRider, June 23, 2010, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

This is it folks! Two life or death matches for our sides. We both win (England and USA) we both move on. The matches are both playing so I will be switching back and forth.

Looks like US have made a few changes - Bornstein on the left, Boca in the middle and Gooch out. Gomez up front and Edu playing CM.

I missed the changes for England, although I thought I heard Defoe will get the start and there will be another change at the CB pairing with Terry.

Good luck England and US!

CorkedHat

I must say that I am weary of how the English media and public refuse to get behind our team.
The culture in Australia is that it doesn't matter if eleven serial killers pulled on the national shirt, the whole country would be behind them one hundred percent.
I have heard all the reasons why you in England don't do this and that is your prerogative but the attitude is something that has become alien to me.
There is still enough Pom in me to be proud of the country in which I was born and spent my first thirty-five years.
So as I said earlier - COME ON YOU REDS
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...good luck back to you yanks, hopefully we both go through.

Huge atmosphere building for the England game, the England fans are making a HUUGE noise, you can hear them clearly over the zulukazoos.

I don't make predictions for Fulham, but today I think we will go behind, equalise and then in a surge of belief the multi-millionaires will stop scratching their behinds and do the country proud...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Upson and Milner in today as well.

I have to say, the English coverage, in the pre-game build up, was significant here in the US. The special relationship prevails.

RidgeRider

OMG, off the woodwork, almost down 1-0, about gave me a heart attack

RidgeRider

Thus far, England looks up to it today. Players look focused.

RidgeRider

Nice build up by US, Dempsey nets it,,,,,,offsides.  :019:

RidgeRider

RidgeRider

CorkedHat

Nearly 2-0. Their goalie isn't very good  :015:

FatFreddysCat

Still cant excited by Defoe anouther player i hate, scoring. Not bothered if we go through or not.  i've got a weird feeling that all our favorites player MR Big JT is going to score.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 23, 2010, 03:28:02 PM
Still cant excited by Defoe anouther player i hate, scoring. Not bothered if we go through or not.  i've got a weird feeling that all our favorites player MR Big JT is going to score.
Sorry when i say we , i mean England, i dont count myself as a supporter, so cancel the we.

CorkedHat

England should be 4-0 ahead. Still 1-0, however
Their goalkeeper is decidedly suspect.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

always liked Defoe,for the simple reason he isn't Rooney :clap_hands:

cebu

It looks like England have already had more goalmouth scenes than in the previous 2 matches combined.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

how are the Yanks doing?
I do want them through with us :59: :clap_hands:

Jimbobob

:020: :020: :020:
Thats how we are doing
Altidore is sh!t I am sorry..............
We have got to win this match our defense completely folds..they are going to get a cheap break away goal. I am sick as sh!t :020: :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

RidgeRider

Syd,

We are doing fine. Defense is a bit shaky but we have creates some chances and seem to be on the verge of scoring. We have netted one already, Dempsey, but it was called back cause of off-sides, which he wasn't. We should win this one if the run of play continues.

We need a goal though!!!

CorkedHat

England 1-0 at half time - should be more

Jimbobob

RidgeRider
You are a lot more optimistic than I am ....our defense is a shambles and everyone is kicking a long ball at the goal when other options are available......Altidore AGAIN had a chance and he cannot finish ....Clints goal was good but taken back.......same ole horse crap.......Only way we are going through is if there is a miracle..we just are not that good sad to say ...no one can finish or defend....
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?