https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

World Cup Match Thread for Wednesday

Started by RidgeRider, June 23, 2010, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on June 23, 2010, 05:03:38 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 23, 2010, 04:58:23 PM
well done Yanks,that goal was coming,you HAVE TO BELIEVE,football is nothing without belief.I said earlier in the week that you were learning at this World Cup and this is the second lesson-Believe :028:
You are growing as a football nation and it is fantastic to see,your getting better every game,lets see who we both get next round,the last 16,this is were it REALLY get exciting :59: :59: :59:

:54:
You and Corked Hat and Ridge Rider etc,,, have had faith when I didn't!!!
For some reason I felt if they said four mins extra we would win and we did so the faith finally did kick in.
God Bless the USA........
God Save the Queen.........
WOW.. I will throw up now......... :020: :020: :020:

this football lark,good fun isn't it? :dft011: :clap_hands:

Jimbobob

PaulUMD
Why Obama dude?
I don't want to see the punk in chief okay........ not after this match...... :020: :020: :020:
Makes me sick  :036: :036: :036: :036: :036: :036: :036:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on June 23, 2010, 05:40:33 PM
PaulUMD
Why Obama dude?
I don't want to see the punk in chief okay........ not after this match...... :020: :020: :020:

Jim, we make it a point not to let our personal feelings about political figures or politics leak into the board. It's not healthy......even though some might agree, others won't.

That Sun headline was pretty clever, don't you think?

Jimbobob

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 23, 2010, 05:48:53 PM
PaulUMD
Why Obama dude?

Jim, we make it a point not to let our personal feelings about political figures or politics leak into the board. It's not healthy......even though some might agree, others won't.

That Sun headline was pretty clever, don't you think? :018: :018: :018:

I agree RR so don't put his face on the board. Goes both ways doesn't it??? YES???
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

PaulUMD

PaulUMD
Why Obama dude?

He's the President of the United States.  Deal with it until 2012 (well, really, 2016)! 

Woooo America!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on June 23, 2010, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on June 23, 2010, 05:48:53 PM
PaulUMD
Why Obama dude?

That Sun headline was pretty clever, don't you think? :018: :018: :018:

I agree RR so don't put his face on the board. Goes both ways doesn't it??? YES???

Personally, being as objective as I can, I don't agree. Putting his face on the board, especially given it is a celebratory video and in context of the US just winning a big match, with no personal comment regarding his pluses or minuses, is not inherently political. He is the President and it is just him moving in a video. No big deal. It is no different than ESPN showing that President Clinton was at the match. Not a political statement either.

If it was done routinely, than I think it would be different. I think we must put things in context, then we can evaluate things.

And Paul, let's not get riled if someone doesn't like the President. It is to be expected no matter who you support or don't, that is why we don't do politics here.....my advice, just let the comments go.

PaulUMD

It's a silly .gif of the POTUS.  Relax people.  Celebrate!

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: PaulUMD on June 23, 2010, 05:03:16 PM
I think I actually died for a minute there.

My heart has been in my throat for 3 hours.  No goals as of half time in the 2 Group D matches.  If things remain the same, it would be U.S.-Germany and England-Ghana.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

FatFreddysCat

Oh i see my favorite forum person of all time Mr Obama is back on the scene. Can someone ring Fulham nick and get them to send loads of old bill to pick me up as i'm eating my breakfast. I will of course tell them to wait untill i've finished my breakfast before i open the door. Or i could just leave this thread alone.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on June 23, 2010, 08:24:05 PM
Quote from: PaulUMD on June 23, 2010, 05:03:16 PM
I think I actually died for a minute there.

My heart has been in my throat for 3 hours.  No goals as of half time in the 2 Group D matches.  If things remain the same, it would be U.S.-Germany and England-Ghana.
:027:
Well it's Ghana! Clint and John in the knock out...pretty cool. I agree with the heart in the throat, stomach spleen etc.. I had a thought that if we got 4mins then we would score... and we did. We have to finish better on our chances or it is going to be a short run. Nothing like the drama of this sport....wish you the best Ichabod Magoo.
:beer:

Lighthouse

Don't worry neither England or the USA will go much further the way we are playing.

Rubbish Aussie Keeper by the way. Another mistake for the Serb goal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2010, 12:04:03 AM
Don't worry neither England or the USA will go much further the way we are playing.

Rubbish Aussie Keeper by the way. Another mistake for the Serb goal.

Mr. Lighthouse, I thought the same. I had the evil thought "let's give'em to the Arse for 3M".....then I saw two fabulous saves earlier in the game that I missed, and felt guilty for my thoughts.  :029: