News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Anyone else watching this Tennis Match on BBC2 its amazing!!!

Started by mrska, June 23, 2010, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Anyone else watching the MUHUT / ISNER  Match at Wimbledon???

Currently 40 Games all in the final set...

Been going on for over 7hrs.. a new world record!!!

SHADY1

yeh i am .. amazing score and neither really look like losing ... may end up a long game  :011:
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Tennis has been a bit crap since Conners Bjork and Mac, but at least this sounds like a good un. Anyone but Murray.

FatFreddysCat

Weirdly enough i've just been watching The Business with all the old 80's Fila and Tacchini (spelling) gera in it.

mrska

Travers Barney

We are the whites

mrska

Play suspended at 59 / 59  Theyve got to come back tommorrow!

RidgeRider

I had to quit watching at 39....wow.....59? Back tomorrow? Historic.

Whiteroom

Its absolutely unbelievable. The level of fitness required to sustain such an intensely physical situation is phenomenal. I am already feeling sorry for the loser though.

SoCalJoe

Turned on espn news and was wondering why they were showing two guys I'd never heard of and then noticed the 5th set score. Bordering on the absurd, remarkable effort from both of them.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Airfix

Spent the whole evening watching it.  To put it into context...

• They resumed this morning at the beginning of the 5th set as they ended Tuesday 2 sets apiece.
  • The 5th set alone has taken 7 hours and 6 minutes.  That is longer than the entire duration of ANY game in history (the total game time is now over 10 hours)
  • Mahut's 95 aces would be a record for any game in history, had Isner not served 98
  • The total of 163 games played is much longer than the previous record (122 in a 1973 Davis Cup tie

By the end, Mahut looked OK but Isner was out on his feet, relying on his service alone to win him the points needed to stay in this.

They resume tomorrow.  The winner plays their second round match later tomorrow.

Truly superhuman stuff there.

Lighthouse

On the round up of the World CUp that is on now they went live to Wimbledon and a Full Moon and then darkness with the sound of tennis balls going from one side of the net to the other. The score was 152-153 Very funny.

They shoot Tennis Players Don't They?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2010, 12:01:55 AM
On the round up of the World CUp that is on now they went live to Wimbledon and a Full Moon and then darkness with the sound of tennis balls going from one side of the net to the other. The score was 152-153 Very funny.

They shoot Tennis Players Don't They?

Brilliant..  id of cracked up..

mrska

And so it begins again.. 10 hours 15 mins of play and theyre locked at 61 games each!!

On BBC`1 now..  unreal!

Airfix

Isner wins 70-68.  That's a basketball score, isn't it?

More perspective.... it took longer for these two to play the 5th set than it took Serena Williams to win the 2002 Wimbledon title in total

Credit to Wimbledon for making a presentation to both players and the umpire, who sat through every damn minute of the game.

mrska

Really enjoyed watching it... the final game at the tennis on BBc1 side and Italy going out on ITV!...  loving it!

Lighthouse

What a great day of sport. Have forgotten all the rest of the day. Wonderful Football that could have gone either way. A great tennis history being made. Now we have Nadal against a no hoper and .... we have a game on. Haase two sets to one  up against Nadal. Sadly it looks as if Nadal will win in five partly due on an injury picked up by Haase but good stuff nonetheless.

Still have another football match to go. Federer going 5 sets earlier in the week, Nadal struggling and the Worlds logest tennis match. Not a bad few days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope