watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today something very strange happened at the pub

Started by finnster01, June 24, 2010, 05:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I was attending a conference but went for a few pints with my girlfriend at an Irish pub close to the hotel in New York were the conference was. It was 10 am and a tad early for the brews, but you can't drink coffee and watch football in an Irish pub without getting accused for blasphemy.

Anyway, there I am with my girl watching the England game whilst a larger group were watching the USA game next to us. The guy sitting next to me is making some very good comments about the game, he is about as animated as I am and he has a London accent. So I ask him what's his team in England is, and he says C-helsea...I said I was Fulham and we both were quiet for a little bit, and then England scored...

Never really thought I would admit to it, but that C-helsea supporter was a genuinely a good man, knew his stuff, and wasn't afraid to lay into Lampard and Terry when they deserved it. Funny I had to travel all the way to New York to find a chelsea supporter who didn't have the blue flag stuck up his arse.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on June 24, 2010, 05:57:47 AM
I was attending a conference but went for a few pints with my girlfriend at an Irish pub close to the hotel in New York were the conference was. It was 10 am and a tad early for the brews, but you can't drink coffee and watch football in an Irish pub without getting accused for blasphemy.

Anyway, there I am with my girl watching the England game whilst a larger group were watching the USA game next to us. The guy sitting next to me is making some very good comments about the game, he is about as animated as I am and he has a London accent. So I ask him what's his team in England is, and he says C-helsea...I said I was Fulham and we both were quiet for a little bit, and then England scored...

Never really thought I would admit to it, but that C-helsea supporter was a genuinely a good man, knew his stuff, and wasn't afraid to lay into Lampard and Terry when they deserved it. Funny I had to travel all the way to New York to find a the dark side supporter who didn't have the blue flag stuck up his arse.

Alert Alert There is someone on this MB impersonating Finnster. Where is the real Finn? What have you done with him?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Mr CorkedHat,

I guess it is called getting old mate. I am clearly beginning to turn into a softie.

Now bring on the Krauts, and I am sure I will snap out of it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead