watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When is Dempsey going to get a rest?

Started by finnster01, June 24, 2010, 06:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Dempsey has played so many competitive games it is not even funny.

His legs must be very tired by now. When is Roy and Bradley going to give the lad a rest?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on June 24, 2010, 06:19:37 AM

His legs must be very tired by now. When is Roy and Bradley going to give the lad a rest?

After he is done kicking some ass for the United States.  I think he will have most of June and July off. He should get a month to a month and a half off I predict. I think Roy will start playing him around August 1st.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2010, 06:23:25 AM

After he is done kicking some ass for the United States.  I think he will have most of June and July off. He should get a month to a month and a half off I predict. I think Roy will start playing him around August 1st.
Mr Tom, take a look at the calendar mate. June is pretty much over already and he aint getting no rest this month
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on June 24, 2010, 06:32:28 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2010, 06:23:25 AM

Mr Tom, take a look at the calendar mate. June is pretty much over already and he aint getting no rest this month

Your right finnster, sorry about that I didn't get much sleep last night. I am running on fumes and getting ready to go to bed. He will get July off and start playing in August.
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

It's a good point. If you roll 08/09 into 09/10 and the fact Dempsey didn't get much time off last summer as well, because the US made the tournament finals in the Confederations Cup, he has had about two weeks off in two years......aside from his down time from his injury of course.

He seems lively as ever in the WC though but you have to wonder if he starts to suffer from burnout.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

This is why he keeps breaking down,poor guys knackered :doh:

Jimbobob

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 24, 2010, 03:59:25 PM
This is why he keeps breaking down,poor guys knackered :doh:
Agreed  also needs some upper body weight training so he has more muscle mass to catabolize.
Nailed it...he is knackered....needs break but not now. He does look good in the WC.......
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Crede15

I think he's all right, solely for the fact that he missed all that time this year with the knee injury. If not for that he would have been playing pretty much nonstop for a couple of years because of the Confederations Cup last summer. Next summer shouldn't be as hectic for him.

LRCN

he took a month off after the confederations cup and missed the pre-season australia tour completely I think, plus as someone mentioned he didn't play for a while. he'll probably take a month off again and join up at the beginning of august, probably won't play until september mind but at the end of the season he couldn't get in over davies and duff.

clintclintdeuce

Since the USA is going to be playing football into the middle of june, I dont know where hes going to get a rest! Fourth place minimum for the Yanks in SA... lets have the next 10 world cups away from EUROPE!!!
The Dude abides.

Ichabod Magoo

When would you like Mr Bradley to rest him?   :49:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

PaulUMD

Quote from: Crede15 on June 24, 2010, 06:06:57 PM
I think he's all right, solely for the fact that he missed all that time this year with the knee injury. If not for that he would have been playing pretty much nonstop for a couple of years because of the Confederations Cup last summer. Next summer shouldn't be as hectic for him.

Gold Cup, for the right to play in the Confed Cup in 2013.  No rest there.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on June 26, 2010, 04:21:13 AM

When would you like Mr Bradley to rest him?   :49:

after the WC of course......

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Depending upon who we sign and the form of our current squad, he could get another long rest on the bench...