watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting post from Tiff (if true)

Started by SouthWest6, September 08, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I really do struggle to believe that funding with the academy has been cut, because Alistair Mackintosh is essentially why it's as good as it is. He wanted to focus on producing kids and that's where the appointment from Huw Jennings came from. Here's a quote from Jennings:

QuoteJennings, who spent 12 years as a teacher in a comprehensive school, left Southampton in 2006 because he was unsure about their long-term future and joined the Premier League, before being tempted to Fulham by Alistair Mackintosh, the club's chief executive. Mackintosh had been praised for his emphasis on youth when he was at Manchester City.

"At Man City, with very little resources because they slumped through the divisions, they re-emerged on the back of a really vibrant youth policy," Jennings says. "He [Alistair] made it clear to me that at Fulham he'd like to give youth an opportunity because perhaps in the past that's not been the case. The excitement for me was to go into a club where there hadn't been a DNA for youth and hoping to create one.

Does that sound like the sort of CEO that makes a dramatic U-Turn on something he's so clearly passionate about?

As for Hangeland and Sidwell, I'm glad we got "rid" of both. Brede Hangeland was so past it, shown by being dropped by Crystal Palace, a more defensive focused side too! And Steve Sidwell is no way the man to help us, he had a good season, but that doesn't mean he's a good player, he's still technically woeful, and nothing more than a work horse. There's a reason were near the bottom for statistics on pass completion and possession, because we were a tactically inept team with players that have little technical ability.

I won't call him a liar, but TIFF is a known grounds for having ITK bull sprawled over the board.

Hammer Smith

It fits with a snippet I've heard from someone who works at the Club who said Kit Symons is very unhappy at the moment. I have to say, that regrettably I fear that this is really happening and I don't think all this Mr Khan being ill-advised stuff is that convincing when it comes to reducing investment in our highly successful youth set up. This is obviously a damaging decision to take, even for someone with no previous experience in football. Also, assuming academy investment is outside FFP rules, and - as alleged - that the cut backs being undertaken are very significant, then this is showing that the billionaire Mr Khan is not willing to continue supporting future development of young talent at a necessary level to retain our leading position. 

Lighthouse

I read this and thought that it doesn't really tell us anything new. The fact that the youngsters at the lower age group are being cut back is interesting if true. But what was worth a look is the old rumour about Tigana and Damiano would be happy to return.

If believed the post is a confirmation of what was known.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

I have no way of knowing if this is true.

One point I would make is that I'm concerned by the prevalence of articles regarding discontent behind-the-scenes at our club.. I can't shake the felling of "no smoke without fire..."

Jonaldiniho 88

Seems to me that a good coach would concentrate on what each player needs. Roberts needs to built physically, dembele needs to grow technically. That's only my opinion but seems the best way to get the most out players is to build on their talent and concentrate on their weaknesses. Roberts won't be Wilfred Bone, or to that point dembele. Dembele won't be Ronaldo or Roberts that point but the weaknesses in their games seems to be clear and a marked improvement in that along with a development in what they are gifted at seems so obviously the right way to go that people payed more than me(I'm actually travelling se Asia spending my life savings so I'm free) it's absurd. I will take an advisory role for one hundred pounds a month but it seems long term coaches at our club who deserve their roles are being overlooked over one/two men at the top. Mr Felix megathobsurd please see sense

Canary White

I needed a laugh this morning and should thank this chap for giving me one. I've heard some BS in my time but the number of camps this guy claims to have spies in is truly special. Well done :)

FPT

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 08, 2014, 01:35:36 PM
Seems to me that a good coach would concentrate on what each player needs. Roberts needs to built physically, dembele needs to grow technically. That's only my opinion but seems the best way to get the most out players is to build on their talent and concentrate on their weaknesses. Roberts won't be Wilfred Bone, or to that point dembele. Dembele won't be Ronaldo or Roberts that point but the weaknesses in their games seems to be clear and a marked improvement in that along with a development in what they are gifted at seems so obviously the right way to go that people payed more than me(I'm actually travelling se Asia spending my life savings so I'm free) it's absurd. I will take an advisory role for one hundred pounds a month but it seems long term coaches at our club who deserve their roles are being overlooked over one/two men at the top. Mr Felix megathobsurd please see sense

From a coaching perspective, you're not wrong, but I struggle to believe that Magath does nothing other than running. It probably is overly cardiovascular based compared to the average coach/manager, but you don't win three Bundesliga titles from just running, no matter the quality of the team you're in charge of. The physical nature of his coaching is focused on, but I'd be stunned to see a successful manager do no training ground football.

Logicalman

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 08, 2014, 01:31:42 PM
I have no way of knowing if this is true.

One point I would make is that I'm concerned by the prevalence of articles regarding discontent behind-the-scenes at our club.. I can't shake the felling of "no smoke without fire..."

Then again Craven, the number of 'claims' we have seen on this MB over the past few months concerning Khan 'selling us off' etc, I wonder if there are more smoke bombs than we care to believe.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Hammer Smith

I find it very strange that so many of you on here seem to disregard the allegation made about cutting back substantially on our youth development. Many different people are coming up with similar concerns about a grave threat to our current youth set up and future ability to attract and retain top young talent. 

Baszab

As I have repeatedly posted - it's about time we all woke up and realised the damage that has been done to FFC from top to bottom - "there is no smoke without fire" -- there has been a huge fire and we, as long standing supporters, have been taken as mugs.

Please forget how poor the older pros played, their views on the regression of the club and the tactics and objectives of the owner and manager are very relevant and worth listening to and should be taken seriously.

Yes, we needed a new broom, but this approach has been brutal, unsympathetic and ultimately the worst thing that has happened to FFC for decades.

And............... it is not working on the pitch either.

FFC1987

I don't think the validity to the post helps with the whole Tigana and Damiano but it wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

Logicalman

Quote from: Hammer Smith on September 08, 2014, 02:12:28 PM
I find it very strange that so many of you on here seem to disregard the allegation made about cutting back substantially on our youth development. Many different people are coming up with similar concerns about a grave threat to our current youth set up and future ability to attract and retain top young talent. 

Not so certain there is a real disregard, as more of a large pinch of salt. If true, another bad jolt for Fulham, but it would be good to see more information.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

westcliff white

i had heard that FM has the players running between 3 and 6 miles a day, nothing confirmed but that seems a lot to me, but then i prefer a leisurely walk.

At the end of the day the truth is probably some where in the middle, and for us fans it is the results that matter, if they come generally all ills will be forgotten.
Every day is a Fulham day

b+w geezer

Won't state his name, but the author of that TIFF article is known to me offline, so I am sure he is posting in good faith and am therefore dismayed. First teams are always transitory, but it's been at youth level that we really seemed to have been laying down longer-term roots. Such investment is confirmed as exempt from Financial Fair Play regulations, so governed only by an owner's own spending policy.

TonyGilroy

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: FPT on September 08, 2014, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 08, 2014, 01:35:36 PM

From a coaching perspective, you're not wrong, but I struggle to believe that Magath does nothing other than running. It probably is overly cardiovascular based compared to the average coach/manager, but you don't win three Bundesliga titles from just running, no matter the quality of the team you're in charge of. The physical nature of his coaching is focused on, but I'd be stunned to see a successful manager do no training ground football.
I have swung from side to side in the Felix debate and if you put my posts back to back they wouldn't hold frogspawn let alone water. Seeing as I'm a plumber by trade that's slightly embarrassing. I'm not saying he is only doing fitness training but is he training the youth as well as they would be trained in the youth system? A system where not being the finished article is a given rather than scalding reviews on here and due to such a long run of disappointing results (not always performances personal, or team wide) but Roberts needs more strength and dembele needs a better first touch and a bit more in my view I hope this isn't blanket training. Roberts, kaka, McCormack, smith, rodders, Ruiz and a couple of offensive minded midfielders should spend at least half an hour a session getting fluid. I don't believe all the hype about magath but a lot of potential signings might which damages us. Long live the fulham, I couldn't bring myself to support anyone else. I hope what the op said was true about the 10-12 year olds because that and the years up from that seems the only reason I can wear my badge with pride nowadays. I will still wear it in shame btw. It's terminal

H4usuallysitting

This is strange.....had a regular in the back of the cab earlier today.....wont say who he/she is or where I dropped them....but they said exactly the same...funding had been cut for the academy, and that Huw Jenkins was a top bloke......the fare also said, that the academy was the best in London (and possibly the Country) and the scouting network was also the best....attracting young players from not only every corner of London, but across the globe......also mentioned something about Cornelius (I'm not repeating)....but concluded and I swear these were the actual words "Mackintosh should go after buying Mitroglou and McCormack" as Welbeck was being touted around for around £14m".....not sure what to make of that as Wellbeck would of never come to us.....Ladies and Gents I'm only repeating my conversation from this morning.....as I said it's a regular fare and we usually have a long old chat

Forever Fulham

Can someone on this board explain how long our academy contracts with youth players run?  I'm just wondering if the club trains them only to unwittingly find itself nearing a period in time where another club can come in and swoop the player away for big money.  If so, then if I am Khan, I have to wonder where the value is in spending on staff and infrastructure and training of youngsters only to see them picked up by higher ranked clubs when the window opens for them to be able to leave.  Don't get me wrong--I believe in academies and youth farm systems.  Sure works at Barcelona.  But of course Barcelona doesn't have to worry like Fulham would about being outbid by bigger clubs for its promising youth...And that leads me to another question.  In North America, contracts with minors are voidable at the will of the minor.  The law assumes they don't have the sufficient capacity to enter into contracts, and that they are in need of protection from being bound thereby.  Most of our contract law jurisprudence is patterned after the English common law system, so I can't imagine the law in this regard is all that different.  Yes?  So, to me it looks like the academy system at a club like Fulham is a kind of house of cards.  We develop great players, but richer clubs can pick them off if and when some of them bloom.  So, again, if I am Khan, I wonder if this is money well spent.  Make sense?