more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (09/09/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 09, 2014, 08:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ruiz vows to honour Fulham deal after failing to land move

Striker thought his time at the Cottage was over but is now ready to play his part

Returning: Fulham's Bryan Ruiz was at the World Cup this summer
Bryan Ruiz didn't expect to be playing Championship football with Fulham this season but says he is ready to help the Whites correct the slide after failing to secure a move away from the club.

The Costa Rican was linked with transfers to the likes of Ajax, Werder Bremen and Olympiakos this summer but could not finalise a deal before the closure of the summer transfer window at the start of the month.

Ruiz made his first appearance in a Fulham shirt since December at the weekend as he returned to action in a 2-1 friendly victory over a Saudi Arabia XI and played 45 minutes for the west Londoners.

AP Photo/Petr David Josek
Busy summer: Ruiz excelled in Brazil

He admits he thought his time at Craven Cottage had come to an end this summer, however Ruiz now says he is ready to play his part and help the team challenge for promotion back to the Premier League.

"It's been a tough month because there were some transfer options, but at the end there was no agreement between the teams and Fulham," Ruiz told his official website.

"It is a bit hard because I felt like my time there was up, and I was looking forward to a new challenge, but it didn't happen. I still have a contract with Fulham, so I have to fulfill it.

Disappointed: Costa Rica's Ruiz wanted a summer exit
"It [trying to negotiate a move] was exhausting in the way that ever since I arrived both the coach and the board of directors allowed me to leave, but at the same time I had the chance of training with the team.

"I'm a person who likes challenges and never backs down. It is true that I didn't expect to stay one more year, but I will face a new challenge, which is helping the team in the Championship.

"I feel physically good, fully motivated after the World Cup. I was expecting something else, but it didn't happen. Only God knows why things happen.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Fulham v Swansea City - Craven Cottage
"Now it's my turn to help the team as much as I can. They have had a tough start after five matches they haven't been able to win. Well, it's a hard tournament, I'll try to provide experience and enthusiasm.

"Playing in the Championship is not easy. Even though it is the British second division, it can be compared to the first division of countries with top- level soccer. In fact, there have been FA Cup matches where second and third division teams have eliminated Premier League teams."

Ruiz has one year left to run on his Fulham contract and will be free to line up a move abroad in January as he enters the final six months of his contract.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ruiz-vows-honour-fulham-deal-7734135?

WhiteJC

U21s To Face Fulham At King Power Stadium

There will be a first King Power Stadium appearance of the season for Leicester City's Development Squad next Monday, as they take on Fulham in the Barclays U21 Premier League.
The game will take place at 7pm on Monday 15 September, and will be the first of a trio exciting games for Steve Beaglehole's side, who follow it up with a trip to Norwich and another home clash against Chelsea.

Competing in the top-tier of the revamped league format, which includes relegation and promotion, City opened their league campaign away to Everton last month, when they were edged out 3-2 in a thrilling game.

Last season the Under-21s fixtures at King Power Stadium provided some brilliant entertainment for fans thanks to their competitive nature and attacking style, and with City's young stars looking to build on that success, things should be no different this time around.

The game against Fulham is one not to be missed, and with tickets priced at just £3 for Adults and £1 for Concessions (West Stand only), there's every reason to head down to see the next generation of City stars.

A new date has also now been confirmed for the clash with Tottenham Hotspur, which will take place at King Power Stadium on Monday 23 March (KO 7pm).

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/080914-u21s-to-face-fulham-at-king-power-stadium-1902578.aspx#dII8idzlGXLo7XBP.99

WhiteJC

Young Newcastle fans find new rucksacks have FULHAM printed on the zip

TJ Toner and Jamie Lumsley, eight and nine, were excited to show off their bags ahead but were left disappointed by a Sports Direct gaffe

Outraged: The Toon pals won't be using the bags any time soon
A pair of Newcastle fans have been left heartbroken ahead of their return to school.

Magpies supporters TJ Toner and Jamie Lumsley thought they had been given club rucksacks for the new term, only to find FULHAM written on the zip.

The blunder was made by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's Sports Direct company and TJ's mum Stacey Bone, 25, is far from impressed.

She told the Chronicle: "They were not happy at all. They turned around to me straight away and said, 'Is this a fake?'

"They just said they weren't happy because Fulham was on it and they wouldn't use it.

"You can see it straight away that one part says Newcastle and one part says Fulham."

NCJ MediaJamie Lumsley and TJ Toner from Hebburn, with their sports bags, bought from Sports Direct. Close-up of the

Fulham zips.
Oops: The bag clearly has Fulham printed on the zip

Sports Direct said they were aware of the error and have issued an apology, offering a replacement bag to the school boys.

It comes a year after the club advertised Rangers FC training macs on their official online shop, leading to more fans rounding on under-fire Ashley.

Stacey added: "Considering Sports Direct's owner Mike Ashley also owns Newcastle United I think it's terrible."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/young-newcastle-fans-find-new-4182547#ixzz3CnkNUrLX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham Squad Depth 2014/15.

A squad full of youth and experience. Lots of unknown names and big name signings, on paper at least the Whites' squad is very well balanced.

http://the72.co.uk/18116/fulham-squad-depth-201415/?

WhiteJC

Fulham star Ross McCormack looking to inspire club's youngster

Ross McCormack has expressed his desire to influence Fulham's youngsters, having been impressed by their early season form.

Last season's Championship top scorer arrived in West London for a divisional record £11 million in the summer.

Despite having failed to open his account yet this season, the 28-year old has still proved to be an important figure both on and off of the field, with his age and experience a valuable trait in a squad that is consistently playing teenagers in first-team roles.

Having started the season with a dreadful run of four games without acquiring a point, the 1-1 draw with Cardiff last Saturday - courtesy of a goal set-up by the Scottish international - hinted at a turn around in fortunes, and the 28-goal striker is keen to return to Championship action - with the intense turnaround of fixtures making a poor start to a season hardly a worry.

Speaking to the official Cottagers website, McCormack displayed his knowledge of the division, and stressed that it is not the time for crisis talks.

He said: "This league is pretty unique. When the international break is over we'll start having games Saturday, Wednesday.

"In the space of a couple of weeks if you win three out of four then you're up in mid-table. It's not the time for crisis talks at the start of the season."

The frequent playing schedule requires a large squad, and head coach Felix Magath has to been unafraid to incorporate a host of youngsters and academy prospects into the first-team fold - with six of the side who faced Cardiff last week aged 22 or under.

Whilst the youth policy has not worked out in the opening weeks, McCormack has expressed his admiration of the youngsters - claiming them to be some of the best players in the squad.

"The point that has got to be made clear is that these boys are good enough. They are as good as the players we've already got here.

"It's just trying to get a bit of knowledge of the game into them. That's going to be crucial and that's why you've got guys like Scott Parker around. They can lean on his experience.

"Patrick Roberts, Emerson Hyndman – who has probably been the pick, he's been different class – George Williams, they are all very good players."

Despite the Cottagers poor start to the season, the performances of Roberts and Hyndman have not gone unnoticed. England youth international Roberts has been subject to intense interest from Premier League giants Liverpool, whilst central midfielder Hyndman received his first call-up to the full US Mens national team - making his debut as an 18-year old having been introduced as a substitute in the 67th minute.

Fulham are looking for an immediate return to the Premier League, and the performances of McCormack will be key in any hopes they have. However, if he can also impress off of the pitch, the £11 million fee paid for the Scottish forward may pale into insignificance - as he improves not just the results, but also the team.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/08/fulham-star-looking-to-influence-liverpool-target-and-us-inter/?

ScalleysDad

So Ruiz wants to chip in does he. My memory of our last trip to Reading includes the aforementioned Ruiz putting in a shift and making me rise from my comfy seat in hospitality. More of the same this week? Could it be written for him? Are the stars aligned?

nah. Sorry bit of a sugar rush there.

win-dup

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 09, 2014, 08:30:43 AM

Young Newcastle fans find new rucksacks have FULHAM printed on the zip

TJ Toner and Jamie Lumsley, eight and nine, were excited to show off their bags ahead but were left disappointed by a Sports Direct gaffe

Outraged: The Toon pals won't be using the bags any time soon
A pair of Newcastle fans have been left heartbroken ahead of their return to school.

Magpies supporters TJ Toner and Jamie Lumsley thought they had been given club rucksacks for the new term, only to find FULHAM written on the zip.

The blunder was made by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's Sports Direct company and TJ's mum Stacey Bone, 25, is far from impressed.

She told the Chronicle: "They were not happy at all. They turned around to me straight away and said, ‘Is this a fake?’

"They just said they weren’t happy because Fulham was on it and they wouldn’t use it.

"You can see it straight away that one part says Newcastle and one part says Fulham."

NCJ MediaJamie Lumsley and TJ Toner from Hebburn, with their sports bags, bought from Sports Direct. Close-up of the

Fulham zips.
Oops: The bag clearly has Fulham printed on the zip

Sports Direct said they were aware of the error and have issued an apology, offering a replacement bag to the school boys.

It comes a year after the club advertised Rangers FC training macs on their official online shop, leading to more fans rounding on under-fire Ashley.

Stacey added: "Considering Sports Direct’s owner Mike Ashley also owns Newcastle United I think it’s terrible."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/young-newcastle-fans-find-new-4182547#ixzz3CnkNUrLX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Oh dear they were ''heartbroken'' when I was a boy being heartbroken was when a friend died of polio or one of the other terrible diseases around at the time.

Andy S

Bedford White

It's utterly disgraceful, ruining perfectly good Fulham bags with a naff logo! I'd be moderately miff too.

MikeR

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 09, 2014, 08:26:05 AM
Now it's my turn to help the team as much as I can. They have had a tough start after five matches they haven't been able to win.

They have had a tough start after five matches they haven't been able to win.

Really, Bryan? What happened to the old team spirit?
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

crazycottager

/quote"You can see it straight away that one part says Newcastle and one part says Fulham."
thank you for the obviousness of that statement. Priceless