more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool eye up Rijkaard

Started by Ordar, June 24, 2010, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6226231,00.html

Skysports.com understands Liverpool have lined up a move for Galatasaray boss Frank Rijkaard as they search for a new manager.

The Reds are still hunting a replacement for Rafa Benitez following the Spaniard's departure from Anfield earlier this month.

A number of names have been linked with the Anfield hot-seat, including Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini and now Rijkaard has come under consideration from the Liverpool board.

Former Holland international Rijkaard is regarded as one of the best coaches in Europe following his success at Barcelona, where he won two Spanish titles and the UEFA Champions League during his tenure at Camp Nou.
Compensation

Sources in Turkey claim Liverpool have approached Galatasaray twice in the last week to seek permission to talk to Rijkaard, but that the Turkish club have rejected their overtures.

Rijkaard, who took over at Galatasaray in June 2009, has just a year to run on his current deal, meaning Liverpool may not have to fork out a high compensation fee if they can agree a deal with Galatasaray for the 47-year-old.

The Dutchman is believed to be keen on managing in the Premier League at some stage in his career, but Galatasaray are reluctant to lose his services.

Liverpool are keen to sort out their managerial situation as soon as possible and they could be forced look elsewhere if Galatasaray fail to release Rijkaard.

Interesting twist

White Noise

What? Liverpool are going through a detailed process of interviewing a number of candidates and have made no decision on who they are appointing yet?

I was convinced they would offer it to Roy Hodgson without ever meeting him or conducting an interview to explain the role, budget and to get his thoughts and questions.

Are they mad?

FC Silver Fox

I didn't know that Liverpool had to approach the club to get permission to talk to the manager. I knew that applied to players but didn't know it also applied to non-playing staff.
We're ok then.  MAF will tell Liverpool where to go, in both English and Arabic. Wonder how you say get stuffed in Arabic?  (Got it... not sure this is going to work though  الحصول على محشوة  )
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

Why should we believe this? We have been told different things so often I think Liverpool should be investigated by the fraud squad. Before people say it is all the papers fault, one comment from any of those involved would have stopped all this needless annoyance to Fulhams pre season business.Just make up your minds.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ordar

I thought it was interesting as the press seem to have been reporting it like Hodgson was the only person they had in mind.

Also Rikjaard wasnt even in the betting odds, so seems a bit out of left field.

If I'm honest, I'm getting a bit fed up with all the uncertainty surrounding our managers situation and want it concluded asap, regardless of outcome.

There seems to be a couple transfers being held up by the incertainty aswell.

I havent been terribly impressed by Hodgson's lack of dismissing the rumours

JBH

Quote from: Ordar on June 24, 2010, 12:43:06 PM
I thought it was interesting as the press seem to have been reporting it like Hodgson was the only person they had in mind.

Also Rikjaard wasnt even in the betting odds, so seems a bit out of left field.

If I'm honest, I'm getting a bit fed up with all the uncertainty surrounding our managers situation and want it concluded asap, regardless of outcome.

There seems to be a couple transfers being held up by the incertainty aswell.

If Managers dissmissed all the rumours linking them to other clubs or players then they would have no time for anything else.

Roy H on the BBC stated quite catagorically that Liverpool had made no to approach to him, what more can he say?

White Noise

Quote from: Ordar on June 24, 2010, 12:43:06 PM

I've been very impressed with his smooth work with Gabby Logan. Out of the palm of his hand I think is the phrase. Get in there old son.