watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It looks like it will be official soon that Roy has joined Liverpool

Started by NorthernWhite, June 24, 2010, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

I know we will all say until it's signed sealed and delivered it's not true but I think the writing is on the wall now and he will sign very shortly as per the reports from below. He's met with Liverpool officials and agreed to take the job and is now meeting with the back room staff.

To be honest, he's done a great job but this uncertainty has been no good for the club, the fans and more importantly, our upcoming season.

Let's hope we've already indentified our management targets and can act swiftly.

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201006242395/Liverpool-FC-News/exclusive-roy-hodgson-accepts-liverpool-offer.html

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201006242398/Liverpool-FC-News/editor-purslow-wants-hodgson-but-i-want-dalglish.html

tingtawng

time to talk about a rapid replacement .
sven is the man i reckon .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

horse1031

I am sad.  I guess the golden age of Woy is over.  He brought us the best years of our lives with Fulham.  Mark Hughes is a proper replacement over Sven.  I wish Roy blessings at the Kop.  I guess it is always going to be hard to turn down a job from the big 4.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Brede Butter Pudding

And why are you so definite that 'Koptalk' is s reliable? Every day for about the last month the likes of the Mirror, the Sun and the Times have all been stating that 'Hodgson will join Liverpool this wednesday' or 'Hodgson due to fly home to make deal', but nothing has ever happened. Only today, the MOST RELIABLE of sources (SSN) reported that they understood that liverpool are preparing a bid for Frank Rijkaard http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6226231,00.html and this was only released today.

It's very easy to believe all of these rubbish little papers who really know very little. I don't quite understand why 'Koptalk' releasing a story means that Hodgson is guaranteed to leave, when in reality this exact story has been reported for the last four weeks? I'm not saying that this definitely won't happen, as it may well do and I too fear Roy's departure, but every story for every crappy little newspaper should be taken with a great pinch of salt.

Admin

Unfortunately this isn't a load of old bollox. Be prepared for an offical announcement some time today/tomorrow or Monday at the latest once Fulham agree on a compensation deal. My only problem is, is that Fulham have been sensible enough to stop Roy taking the likes of backroom staff such as Kelly.

Fulham have their man in place but again, this can not be made official until the announcement of Roy to Liverpool is completed. A little dicky bird told me that Fulham have been aware of Roy's interest/desire to take the Liverpool job well before the World Cup and have been working hard behind the scenes.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 24, 2010, 05:04:41 PM
And why are you so definite that 'Koptalk' is s reliable? Every day for about the last month the likes of the Mirror, the Sun and the Times have all been stating that 'Hodgson will join Liverpool this wednesday' or 'Hodgson due to fly home to make deal', but nothing has ever happened. Only today, the MOST RELIABLE of sources (SSN) reported that they understood that liverpool are preparing a bid for Frank Rijkaard http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6226231,00.html and this was only released today.

It's very easy to believe all of these rubbish little papers who really know very little. I don't quite understand why 'Koptalk' releasing a story means that Hodgson is guaranteed to leave, when in reality this exact story has been reported for the last four weeks? I'm not saying that this definitely won't happen, as it may well do and I too fear Roy's departure, but every story for every crappy little newspaper should be taken with a great pinch of salt.

I didn't say they were the most reliable but it's my personal opinion that I think this will be done shortly. It could well be a load of bollox and god knows, there's been plenty written but I do think there's something behind it now and the bookies are heavily backing it.

I think we'll know soon enough and unfortunately, I think Roy will be on his way.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 24, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 24, 2010, 05:04:41 PM

I didn't say they were the most reliable but it's my personal opinion that I think this will be done shortly. It could well be a load of bollox and god knows, there's been plenty written but I do think there's something behind it now and the bookies are heavily backing it.

I think we'll know soon enough and unfortunately, I think Roy will be on his way.

fair enough mate, i wasn't having a go, i'm just not so sure myself but will probably be proven wrong.

LBNo11

...the sensible replacement would be 'Sparky' Hughes, so as the club tends to make periodic total cock -ups, it will be Sven (will we win again?).. :036:  :037:  :dft004:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham Pats Fan

Guys,

A very reliable source of mine told me this guy is not be trusted. He then sent me this link. I am not saying this isn't happening but I guess his track record is pretty spotty.

http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/

Tom

If Roy leaves which I hope he doesn't, give me Mark Hughes please.
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

I love the way it say that it doesn't have to be rushed through. It is as if Liverpool and Roy are the only ones involved in this. What with Fulham players wanting to jump ship if Roy goes and us  trying to buy new ones  i feel that Fulham have almost been forgotten. It seems that once agin our club creates something, a player or a managers good fortune and it is taken away from us.

Still new beginnings and everything. I hope we have a manager who we can all stand behind. In Big Al we trust.

If any of this is true.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

until i see it on skysports or on bbc i dont believe anything.

FC Silver Fox

Stick your finger in my side and call me doubting Thomas. I refuse to believe this until its official. I cannot believe that the Scousers will nick our manager. Why can't they make do with hubcaps?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

watfordwhite

I was working at the Cottage today and speaking to some of the Motspur staff about Woy. They know nothing about him leaving.   :026:

Rupert

Quote from: watfordwhite on June 24, 2010, 10:08:05 PM
I was working at the Cottage today and speaking to some of the Motspur staff about Woy. They know nothing about him leaving.   :026:

Clever, make out they don't know anything and nobody suspects them of being the Daily Mirror's source, you know, the one who has been telling them that Roy will be Liverpool manager within 48 hours for the last three weeks. :54:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

It is the arrogance of Liverpool and their fans that annoys me more than anything. They (fansites) are wondering what players will follow Roy to Liverpool. Not many good enough of coarse, but Hangeland, Murphy, Gera and Zamora are all mentioned.

Who in their right mind wants to go to a club that is up for sale, is a fading giant and who may well have new owners by Christmas who may want their own man as manager (probably whoever Fulham choose as the replacement for Roy)

Next season Liverpool  :037: Fulham  :011:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 24, 2010, 09:56:39 PM
Stick your finger in my side and call me doubting Thomas. I refuse to believe this until its official. I cannot believe that the Scousers will nick our manager. Why can't they make do with hubcaps?
+1
Fulham for life!