more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USA v Ghana; thoughts.

Started by ImperialWhite, June 25, 2010, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Form USA, easy peasy.

The USA quite rightly topped grouped C.  They could easily be sitting on 7 points. They can score. Defence a bit shakey (let in 3, scored 3 [5, arguably!]), but against Ghana it probably doesn't matter - they only scored twice, and only in pens. I think Ghana were a bit lucky to qualify.

Tactics Ghana, possibly.

Again, tried to base this on what I've read in ZM:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/13/england-1-1-usa-tactic/
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/23/germany-1-0-ghana-tactics/

In this case, I think Ghana might have an extra man in the middle (if you say Ghana play a 433 against USA's 442 variant). The USA needs to make sure that when on the attack, it makes use of the attacking strength of Demps/Donovan (a case of no-sh!t Sherlock, possibly!).

Players USA

Howard, Donovan, Dempsey - vs who? Pantsil and Boateng? Maybe it's the Prem bias in me.

Prediction USA 2, Ghana 0. Good luck against Uruguay, I think you'll probably need it, they're looking pretty solid and I can seem them making the semis.

TheDaddy

Them Ghana boys can run bloody fast all day.Tight game with a 2-1 result just hope the US back four can handle the pace.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

clintclintdeuce

Ghana has pace, but they lack form and tactics, especially against Bob the Brilliant. I thnk that alone will give the USA the win, not to mention the better players, and the better training. USA will be more fit, more composed, and more talented. 3-0 final. Ghana will struggule to get and keep the ball in the Yanks final third. This game will be played in Ghanas side of the pitch.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 25, 2010, 09:15:04 PM
Ghana has pace, but they lack form and tactics, especially against Bob the Brilliant. I thnk that alone will give the USA the win, not to mention the better players, and the better training. USA will be more fit, more composed, and more talented. 3-0 final. Ghana will struggule to get and keep the ball in the Yanks final third. This game will be played in Ghanas side of the pitch.

Don't count your chickens just yet Mr CCD, Bob the Brilliant comes across more like Bob the Builder to me and I think the US players has bailed him out a lot more than he has tried to find his way out of a phone booth.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

Not counting them just yet, but Im expecting them to hatch tomorrow, alive and well.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

USA, USA , USA . Sorry Pants, but i have to go for the most obese nation on Earth.

Lighthouse

Thoughts? Well it should have been us. You took our respect and through it back in our faces. We took you to our hearts and now you will win the World Cup because you have the easy run in.

So Pantsil and Dempsey will form a coalition called Ghanamerica and progress to the Cup Final. Where sadly they will fall out and lead us into a long and awful War which will see the destruction of not just the World Cup but the World as well.

You heard it here first.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

I think the bulb has burnt out in the light house.  :011:

Gana beat Serbia which really imploded on itself & than back the rest of the way into the 16. They certainly will noy be easy and I do worry about the pace of Gana but you might ask Algeria about American pace long about the 92 minute. If (big if) we score first it will be fairly easy. If we keep out the early goal we really should win it. Then we have to wade through South America to get to the finals, No one has had any luck with that this cup.

I like England's chance to get to the semi's. They can beat Germany and shouldn't have a problem with Mexico (yes Mexico) in the quarters. There lies Spain.

Sorry to say it but the Armada shall meet the Samba....with the same results as 1588.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Ichabod Magoo

I can't imagine the U.S. having a clean sheet against anyone, Algeria not withstanding.  Opponents break loose in the box a few times a game.  I'll feel better if Gooch remains on the bench, though.  So with that in mind, I'm just hoping we can score first and see where that leads.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III