watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Algeria, referee, goalposts, God unable to stop USA reaching last 16"

Started by ImperialWhite, June 25, 2010, 08:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

http://backofthenet.markwatsonthecomedian.com/2010/06/23/algeria-referee-goalposts-god-unable-to-stop-usa-reached-last-16/

USA 1-0 Algeria

The USA topped Group C after the combined forces of the Universe were unable to prevent Landon Donovan scoring a late winner against Algeria.

Bob Bradley could've been forgiven for thinking that the world was against him during a campaign that saw USA goals disallowed for dubious offside positions, nonexistent pushing offences and 'striking the ball too forcefully',

Despite being denied a victory over Slovenia, the Americans knew that a win over North African game-ruiners Algeria would be enough to win the group.

But the US were left fuming after being denied by the post, the bar, the referee and a rogue thunderbolt, which shattered a goal-bound Clint Dempsey strike into thousands of miniscule pieces, the narrow majority of which fell just short of the goal line.

However, just as the forces of the cosmos began to relax, Landon Donovan netted in the 90th minute. A panicked referee didn't react in time to disallow the goal and the USA held on for the crucial win, despite the fourth official holding up 378 added minutes of stoppage time.

The USA reach the last 16. Algeria won't be invited to the next World Cup.

Jimbobob

:027: :027: :027:
I love the "the fourth official holding up 378 added minutes of stoppage time" Algeria not invited back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually the four minutes helped us. I need a laugh pretty nervous about the match.
Ghana is so damn fast........thanks for the laugh! IW
:005:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?