watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I would like Hoddle

Started by Nick Bateman, September 18, 2014, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Of the names mentioned Glenn Hoddle would be my choice, although I would rather see a return of René Meulensteen without Curbs & Wilko, but that is unlikely to happen.

Hoddle plays football the 'Fulham' way passing it from the back and through the midfield, not long-balling it, but almost any manager would be an improvement from the absence of organization from our departing German.

I also will not rest though, until Alistair Macintosh is removed as CEO, as he was responsible for the whole mess, including spending over £22million on 2 strikers while penny-pinching to lose all our seasoned Premiership quality players and the sacking of RM without giving him a chance just as he was about to save us from the drop!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jonaldiniho 88

I'd have hoddle in a heart beat

BigbadBillyMcKinley

And Liverpool wanted Dalglish......didn't turn out too well!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Furby

I said Hoddle as well, when Jol was the dead man walking; but let's give Kit and Mr Khan time now to get our club back.

aaronmcguigan

Ali Mac has to be on his way out, the statement wouldn't mention that Khan will personally lead the recruitment search, if its Ali Macs responsibility to do so.

RaySmith

I don't think Hoddle is the right man-we want a safe pair of hands, someone with a track record of success with a club like Fulham, who takes care of the basics first.

Hoddle had success with Swindon, but what else?

Maybe Kit will step to the plate, though.

sunburywhite

I would like Nick Bateman to go with Magath
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Domino 1879

One of the best tacticians in the game. 

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Berserker

My Dad loved him at Swindon
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 18, 2014, 06:00:43 PM
I would like Nick Bateman to go with Magath

Give it about 4 more comments before this threAd gets locked
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

cookieg

Does he still own an academy in Spain? Could be ideal to work with the U21s in the 1st team squad to get them all performing at level needed to develop.

bog

fulhamben

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 18, 2014, 05:50:28 PM
Ali Mac has to be on his way out, the statement wouldn't mention that Khan will personally lead the recruitment search, if its Ali Macs responsibility to do so.
god help us if thats true, im no ali mac fan but the thought of khan picking a manager scares me, and instantly reminded me of ted lasso  An American Coach in London: NBC Sports Premier League Film featuring Jason Sudeikis
i for one would give kit a real shot at it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobby01

I would really like Eddie Howe, stump up the cash Mr K
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Domino 1879 on September 18, 2014, 06:02:13 PM
One of the best tacticians in the game. 
Not tearing up roots at QPR yet is he? There being played off the park and I'm sure the tactics and team are more Hoddle than harry, same as when McClaren was there last season

Tonywa

As I said before, I would love Hoddle to work with our youngsters, perhaps with Danny Murphy or Kit Symons alongside him.

The Old Count

I always thought Hoddle would be a good fit. What he did in Spain with Jerez and Betis has been impressive as has his academy work.  He did well at Swindon and at an early Chelsea. He was good but unlucky with England (and he has the spirits on his side...lol)

Nick Bateman

Hoddle is that 'big name' that many clubs have tried to hire.  He is London-based and as said, likes the right style of football we have traditionally played.

As for Khan beings hands on, he cannot do a worse job than that idiot "Vote No Scot" Ali Mac and I only hope he goes soon too.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"