News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£225 to fly over on Saturday... Should I?

Started by Aaron, September 18, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

I haven't been to a game since the first time I said "JOL OUT!" and up until today wasn't sure when my next one was going to come..

I was gonna book flights over for this weekend but chickened out at the price.  I miss the next two home games after that because I'm away in the states with Pearl Jam and have already booked for the Huddersfield game.

Should I just do it?  I should, shouldn't I?

I need the affirmation of complete strangers to enable me to complete this purchase.  Help me.  Thanks.

Andyb

Do it! Atmosphere on Saturday going to be amazing!!

love4ffc

If I could I would.  Should be a fantastic atmosphere.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bedford White

Go on do it, do it.

Where are you flying too?

Berserker

Yes do it. I did an inpromtu flight when I lived 400 miles away from Mr B before we got married. Woke up missing him and jumped on a plane, he was a bit surprised
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Aaron

Quote from: Bedford White on September 18, 2014, 06:18:22 PM
Go on do it, do it.

I checked all the London airports from Belfast and from Dublin but I can't be bothered with a two hour drive down to Dublin on Saturday morning so the best out of Belfast is to Luton which will tag another £20 on for the train down.  Heathrow's too expensive to justify it but just getting the tube is handy.

Furby

Where are you flying from?? I may be able to get it cheaper for you?

Aaron

Quote from: Furby on September 18, 2014, 06:24:19 PM
Where are you flying from?? I may be able to get it cheaper for you?

Belfast ideally..

I just found £190 into LHR, that's the winner so far..

I could do with getting back on Saturday night is the main problem.  Worst case I can stay in London and go home Sunday though.

Furby

Well I work for BA, I could have a look at a staff discount ticket if you like. I'll be in T1 on Saturday from 0430.

Bedford White

Quote from: Aaron on September 18, 2014, 06:24:13 PM
Quote from: Bedford White on September 18, 2014, 06:18:22 PM
Go on do it, do it.

I checked all the London airports from Belfast and from Dublin but I can't be bothered with a two hour drive down to Dublin on Saturday morning so the best out of Belfast is to Luton which will tag another £20 on for the train down.  Heathrow's too expensive to justify it but just getting the tube is handy.

Okay, well if you decide to fly to Luton I could pick you up as generally drive down from Bedford on match days. PM me if I can help you out.

Burt

YES!! DO IT!! You'd only spend it on something else anyway.

Berserker

Shoes in my case
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

You will only regret it if you don't, first win of the season coming

SKSW6

Do it lad, get yourself to the back of the Hammy End with us!

Wingnut

Aaron, BA from Dublin to Heathrow. Same day return. Just checked it there. It's €150 return with taxes. Leave Dublin at 11:45 and arriving back in Dublin at 20.00. You can get a bus from Belfast to Dublin airport direct. If you drive, it's an easy drive on the M1 and A1. Short term parking for the day beside terminal one is €15, I think or €7 in the long term. Looked at Aer Lingus too but it's pricey.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Quote from: Furby on September 18, 2014, 06:31:36 PM
Well I work for BA, I could have a look at a staff discount ticket if you like. I'll be in T1 on Saturday from 0430.

I land at 05.40 Saturday morning. I trust you are going to the game?

akf

Do it for me - I live in Japan and have absolutely no chance of getting there but would love to be that close!

bobbo

I'm gobsmacked at all the fab fulham fans offering to help you.
It's what we are I suppose. I'd love to help but right now stuck in bod rum turkey on and eight hour delay to gatwick.good luck with whatever you decide but I reckon you shud do it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

copthornemike

Supporters flying in from Hong Kong, Ireland etc for a non Premiership match - and for a club with only one point from seven matches!
I salute you all.
Here is to hoping for a win accompanied by 90 minutes solid chanting for Kits Black and White Army to bring back lump in the throat feeling we had in the Great Escape and Europa League times. 

Aaron

Guys,

Unfortunately due to work and other commitments rearing their heads at the last minute tomorrow is out for now anyway so it will be the Huddersfield game (I'm in the US for most of the time between now and then) before I get back to the Cottage.

I'd just like to say how utterly, utterly humbled I am by the offers for assitance I've recieved here.  If I could be going to the game this weekend and taken you all up on your offers I'd have been watching the game in the Chairman's Lounge having flown in on  BA staff discount ticket, with a lift to the game.. Unbelievable.

Hats off to you all guys, faith in humanity levels are through the roof for me just at the minute.  I'll buy each and every one of you a pint in the Lion or whatever the Low Country is called these days before the Huddersfield game.

Thanks!

Aaron