watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best of luck to Magath

Started by Northern Cottager, September 18, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Most may disagree with me in wishing Felix all the best but for me I hope he has a happy future with a nother club better suited to him in a different league.

He didn't seem a bad guy and tried to win over the fans with his regular updates  and keep us in the loop. At times he was refreshingly honest but he just didn't fit our club and was a little too experimental at the wrong times . I didnt agree with many of his decisions or player recruitment in parts but he's now history and in my opinion was respectful to the fans but his managerial style and methods behind the scenes didn't fit or suit the players we had and needed.

All the best, Felix, and good luck to Kit and the boys.

Artful Dodger

On a personal level, I don't know the guy and would only wish him all the best but on a professional level he was a disaster and had to go and we had to speak up about it. I am sure Felix will feel better when he is sat with a german beer and a big fat pay off anyway.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

ToodlesMcToot

His time here has been disastrous. I think it's safe to saythat even Magath agrees.

However, he didn't come here to destroy our club. I would wager he was doing what he believed was right but, it just wasn't.

Many, I'm sure, will take the opportunity to take a final swipe at the man but, I'd urge my fellow supporters to remember that it wasn't all Magath. Someone at the club did their research, knew what kind of manager he was, knew what he was being brought into, and offered him the position. He's the easy target but, our situation isn't all down to him.

I hope that he finds new work and a place where he can be successful again.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

GloucesterWhite

Felix, welcome to your retirement - because I doubt another club will offer you a post.

hovewhite

didnt understand english football.but not a bad man soi wish him good luck.

ron

Perhaps he can just go somewhere quiet and come to terms with his towering arrogance before he tries to... er....interact with any other group of human beings.

bobby01

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 18, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
Most may disagree with me in wishing Felix all the best but for me I hope he has a happy future with a nother club better suited to him in a different league.

He didn't seem a bad guy and tried to win over the fans with his regular updates  and keep us in the loop. At times he was refreshingly honest but he just didn't fit our club and was a little too experimental at the wrong times . I didnt agree with many of his decisions or player recruitment in parts but he's now history and in my opinion was respectful to the fans but his managerial style and methods behind the scenes didn't fit or suit the players we had and needed.

Pretty fair assessment Mr Northener, I agree with you.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SKSW6

Stories coming out from reliable places that he attempted to sack the club doctor, called Dembele "sh1t" after scoring a hat-trick against DC United etc. It seems crass to be happy at someone losing their job, but I'm honestly buzzing. He'll be pretty well compensated for doing a woeful job if that helps lessen the feeling sorry for him.

Twig

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Twig on September 18, 2014, 07:18:34 PM
Could not care less.

completely agree. The fulham way means we should be gracious and wish him the best of luck but he tried to take away our nice side. It wasnt just results he destroyed, his attitude threatened to destroy the clubs soul. As far as im concerned I couldnt care less what happens to his career. Hopefully no other club has to suffer what we have, I dont even think I would wish that upon brentford or chelsea!....... qpr however..........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 18, 2014, 07:29:46 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 18, 2014, 07:18:34 PM
Could not care less.

completely agree. The fulham way means we should be gracious and wish him the best of luck but he tried to take away our nice side. It wasnt just results he destroyed, his attitude threatened to destroy the clubs soul. As far as im concerned I couldnt care less what happens to his career. Hopefully no other club has to suffer what we have, I dont even think I would wish that upon brentford or chelsea!....... qpr however..........

Funny. I thought about destroying my nice guy approach by appending ......... "perhaps QPR"
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bobsfulham

Stubborn, arrogant and apparently clueless to boot!
The club desperately needed changes before Magath arrived but not on the scale he perceived to be necessary - Most of the quality we had has, in the words of one of his fellow countrymen, been flushed down the toilet!  What do you call a football club at rock bottom with no permanent manager? - a good start! Good luck to Kit and the eventual permanent manager - you can't do worse than this clown!
RWT - Always Look On the Bright Side of Life!!

MayoDomo

He's had success elsewhere and assuming he tried his best here, I wish him luck. Despite his one or two hissy fits with former players he seemed like a pleasant enough bloke, kept us in the loop, and I liked his glasses.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

RaySmith

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

I felt very sorry for him at the end, and I do think he was close turning it round, but everything seemed to go wrong.

I also felt that he was blamed for a lot of things that weren't really his responsibility.

But results don't lie, and all the best to Kit-I'm sure he will do well -I think this squad is close to fulfilling its great potential.

premFlem

+ 1  good post
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Fulham Paul

Wrong place wrong time, met him once seemed a very decent guy and very very keen to get fans on side but he just didn't seem to have a strategy and seriously under estimated the championship

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on September 18, 2014, 07:51:04 PM

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

I felt very sorry for him at the end, and I do think he was close turning it round, but everything seemed to go wrong.

I also felt that he was blamed for a lot of things that weren't really his responsibility.

But results don't lie, and all the best to Kit-I'm sure he will do well -I think this squad is close to fulfilling its great potential.
0001.jpeg

Pluto

Nothing personal against the guy but he made bizarre decision after bizarre decision. His entire regime was characterised by an absolute catalogue of poor decisions and arrogance and I'm very glad to see him gone. Utterly incompetent manager on every level.

Andy S

I don't wish him any harm and failure is not a crime. However he could have fallen on his sword earlier. The rubbish about never being relegated and then he was. Through his own mistakes. This Season he selected the players and the style of football. He changed the players every week and the club has taken my money and given me nothing for it. Felix never had a clue. So good riddance. Felix, You wont be missed. Should Felix get another job, I will feel sorry for that club as well.

Canary White

Very good post and very happy to see the vast majority of people on here aagree with it. I expect no less from our fans. I can't deny it's for the best that FM left but we've certainly no reason to hate the man. Unfortunately for a small minority of posters on here, they're going to have to find someone else to blame for their lives not Turning out as they hoped they would