watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best of luck to Magath

Started by Northern Cottager, September 18, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

It was the right decision to let him go but I wish him all the best.

The odds were stacked against him from the start but he could and should have done better this season.

He was refreshingly honest and reminded me of Woy from this perspective.

I hope that he does not end up on the scrap heap like Jol and Sanchez.

Berserker

I just thought he was the wrong man for the Championship. Wish him well in the future
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

I doubt that Sir Alex or the "special one" could have saved us last year what with prior ownership neglect and a worse manager than we just fired. The team needed a major, major clean out. Sadly, Felix wasn't the man to do it.  Hopefully, the club will manage the Kit situation better than they did Rene.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

......'bye then Felix......

....and hey, we're missing you already.... :012:

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

To quote Felix

"A catastrophe" would appear to sum it all up nicely

Forever Fulham

Let's show some class and just wish him well and move on.  The hard job ahead of winning games and solidifying a team is ahead.  No need to gloat.  It's done.  Eyes on the prize.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 18, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
Most may disagree with me in wishing Felix all the best but for me I hope he has a happy future with a nother club better suited to him in a different league.

He didn't seem a bad guy and tried to win over the fans with his regular updates  and keep us in the loop. At times he was refreshingly honest but he just didn't fit our club and was a little too experimental at the wrong times . I didnt agree with many of his decisions or player recruitment in parts but he's now history and in my opinion was respectful to the fans but his managerial style and methods behind the scenes didn't fit or suit the players we had and needed.

All the best, Felix, and good luck to Kit and the boys.
Good summary, I'm sure he feels relieved that the decision was made for him. I think he will get a job in Germany and will probably be a better manager for his experience with us. definitely a case  of wrong person, wrong time , wrong place.

SKSW6

Hopefully we take advantage of all the fitness work he did in pre season, like Sunderland did that year they started with Di Canio and then sacked him early on.

Tonywa

Very glad he's gone, but wish him all the best for the future.  He was a poor appointment for us, but that's the fault of others, not him. They knew what they were getting and he carried on as he has always done.   I imagine he's made a few bob over the years so can enjoy a happy retirement and look back on his fifty-plus caps for Germany, playing in World Cups and winning Bundesliega championships. Nobody can take his past achievements away from him.

colinwhite

All thr best to felix . I kept waiting for one of his left field selections to come off and they never did . I think he was better than mulenstein who was also inept . But the conclusion I have come to is that he was just a complete flop ,and a sham to boot  who  was more interested in keeping the players on their toes to toe his line (sorry about mixed metaphors ) than anything else .

Lighthouse

Felix believes he could have turned this disaster around. He had a huge job to do but frankly failed appallingly. We may not know the full extent of the damage he did. Felix will go on and make a great success somewhere else. Good luck to him. But wrong manager at the wrong time for Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope