more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Big Question - Sanchez or Magath?

Started by aaronmcguigan, September 18, 2014, 07:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

nose

I know i have a completely different view from nearly everyone else but i have always felt i should say what i think.

sanchez is catas devil incarnate..... that is totally unfair.
He was loathed and victim of abuse before aball was licked especially as he took opver from many peoples favourite coleman who was a walking disaster areamore interested in extra ciricular activities.

Sanchez was klucky when we survived but gambledon how he had to rebuild the squad bringing far toomay players without full pedigree BUt he was also victim of much bizarre luck too such as a ref that killed us stone dead at arsenal, a few minutes from winning the first game the ref stepped in acheated usout of any points, then the home game V boro when d'urso came on a subsitiute ref and handed the game including disallowing a perfectly good goal.weshould and could have had 6pointsfrom the first two games but ended up with none.

sanchez stuck by baird and davis both who were awful but he had a defintie plan, organiosation and structure and IMO if he would have been allowedto correct his errors at the transfer window then i think he would of turned it round,. Unfortunately the crowd were anti from the start.

Also coleman leftthe squad inashambolic disorganised and unfit state... this i know first hand.... sanchez had a mega taskin just getting them fit and commited.

I know most people do not agree with mebut then most people thought Jol was a great manager for two years!

Magath on the otherhandinherited adisasterof an impossible situation and demonstrated how tomake it worse!
No two weeks the same team,bizarre signings even morebizarre release of players, one point from six games and everybody including me thinks he is a waste of space.

Magath is miles worse and in fact miles worse than previous least favourite branfoot

Herbie

I thought the previous least favourite was Jol?

bog

As has been said Sanchez signed some very good players, it was just that he could not manage the side. Magath was a disaster, even Alan Dicks signed Siomn Morgan.

092.gif

Herbie

It's all relative if the differential is quality of signings. 

Jol signed Berba and Ruiz, who are both quality players, but Jol is deemed to be a poor Fulham manager.

Mark Hughes signed Dembele and yet Hughes also took a lot of criticism on here.

Greek

I watched Sanchez manage Apollon last year for half a season. He could not save Apollon but showed to be a very good manager. Was hugely impressed by him. I know that has no bearing in here, but I think he has improved since he was last with you. Magath is a rotting corpse of a manager.

YankeeJim

Neither. Both were poor but the worst was Jol. The team has never played as poorly as it did last year. Each manager had many faults but the team only consistently laid down under Jol.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 19, 2014, 12:26:19 AM
Neither. Both were poor but the worst was Jol. The team has never played as poorly as it did last year. Each manager had many faults but the team only consistently laid down under Jol.
A very good point you made about Jol
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 19, 2014, 12:26:19 AM

without a doubt!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Artful Dodger

For me it is Magath without a doubt, although that may be because Sanchez got the boot just in the nick of time before he could do any more damage. Unfortunately, Magath has managed to wreck the club and McCormack aside, none of his signings are good enough to get us promoted. At least Sanchez brought in Murphy and Hughes. Magath has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Bronsons

Sanchez may have tried to do the wrong thing with the wrong kind of players, but at least he had a plan - and if McBride hadn't got injured, it might have worked. Magath had lots of plans, or so he said, but changed them every day until nobody knew what they were doing. Jol had no plan, unless it was to treat Craven Cottage like his personal potting shed - a nice quiet place to spend his last few years in "work".

Wouldn't want any of them back, but Jol and Magath have wrecked this club and we can only hope that the damage is repaired quickly before our young players start drifting away. Sanchez did far less damage, and signed some good players.

Bronaldinho

In a strange way, I actually liked Sanchez as a person. Very professional on the touchline, looked the part. Signed Davis who in my opinion we should have kept. Quality CM, he just couldn't get the results after such a financial backing.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Tonywa

Putney

Sanchez's philosophy was clear to see and whilst I completely disagreed with it and thought it was terrible, at least he had an obvious plan, something Magath didn't have. I believe we had a better record under Sanchez, well I remember us avoiding defeat a bit more and genuinely being unlucky in games, particularly with injuries to key players (Boro at home springs to mind). 

Under Magath the moments of joy have been far and few between. Magath has been more of a disaster, not only because he was partly responsible for seeing us relegated, not only because he poisoned the atmosphere more than Jol but because he was supposed to be a good manager and a big coup.

Complete disaster where the only good moment I can remember is the second half away at Villa Park.

Pluto

I feel like some of the criticism for Sanchez is unfair. Ok he wasn't a very good manager but at least he wasn't actively destroying the club - he brought in some good players, seemed to be reasonably well likes by them, picked sensible lineups and seemed to have a plan...he just wasnt tactically astute enough to get results, and that combined with some bad luck on the injury front put us in a perilous position.

Magath came in with plenty of time to save us, immediately ostracised out best player, shunned and froze out anyone with any leadership who would dare challenge him, picked bizarre and inexplicable teams, zero tactical plan, players constantly out of position, ludicrous transfers in which some of our best and most loyal players were shunned for a flurry of yes men. Plus, the sheer number if horror stories regarding man management, training etc, never taking any responsibility for the situation himself, openly criticising the former chairman who saved the club in the papers, and the fact that several renounced and well respected professional players like Brede, Kvist, Riether, Stockdale and Sidwell clearly and openly expressed their hatred of him. I personally don't think it's in any doubt that Magath is the worst most destructive manager I've seen in my lifetime at this club.

blingo

Sanchez was our worst ever manager. Hated him then and hate him now.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Magath by a country mile. At least Sanchez bought some quality players.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

the nutflush

Quote from: Herbie on September 18, 2014, 08:02:08 PM
There is no question. What is Sanchez doing now versus what will Magath be doing in 12 months?

I would pick Magath over Sanchez any day

Magath will be in a psych ward in 12 months.  Sanchez for me.  Magath was a complete imposter. 

the nutflush

Quote from: the nutflush on September 19, 2014, 12:21:24 PM
Quote from: Herbie on September 18, 2014, 08:02:08 PM
There is no question. What is Sanchez doing now versus what will Magath be doing in 12 months?

I would pick Magath over Sanchez any day

Let me clarify that I think Magath was far worse than Sanchez.

Magath will be in a psych ward in 12 months.  Sanchez for me.  Magath was a complete imposter. 

nose

Quote from: The Bronsons on September 19, 2014, 08:31:14 AM
Sanchez may have tried to do the wrong thing with the wrong kind of players, but at least he had a plan - and if McBride hadn't got injured, it might have worked. Magath had lots of plans, or so he said, but changed them every day until nobody knew what they were doing. Jol had no plan, unless it was to treat Craven Cottage like his personal potting shed - a nice quiet place to spend his last few years in "work".

Wouldn't want any of them back, but Jol and Magath have wrecked this club and we can only hope that the damage is repaired quickly before our young players start drifting away. Sanchez did far less damage, and signed some good players.

and wasn't jimmy bullard a major loss to the team during this time, he was supposed to be back much sooner than he was.