News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll: Who do YOU want to be next manager?

Started by Pie and mash, September 18, 2014, 08:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like the board to appoint as Felix's successor?

Kit Symons
30 (15.3%)
Chris Hughton
14 (7.1%)
Glenn Hoddle
22 (11.2%)
Alan Pardew
8 (4.1%)
Tony Pulis
18 (9.2%)
Danny Murphy
22 (11.2%)
Tim Sherwood
18 (9.2%)
Neil Lennon
14 (7.1%)
Steve Clarke
17 (8.7%)
Billy Davies
1 (0.5%)
Alan Curbishley
2 (1%)
Eddie Howe
7 (3.6%)
Other
23 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 190

Fernhurst

Out of the presently available managers sitting on the subs bench I would select Neil Lennon to become our impact manager.

Not completely satisfied and he may hold out for a better opportunity, but best of bunch INMHO
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

mitimo

My choice would be one of McDermott, Davies, Hughton or even Malky Mackay.
A top choice would be Eddie Howe (if you could ever prie him away from Bournemouth)

psand22

Looking at the poll numbers thru 144 votes....Kit is the leader with a large group following closely.  Doesn't seem to be a true favorite among us.  Whoever takes over can't do any worse can they.  Let's hope Kit pulls them all together.

Fulham Joe

Definitely Danny Murphy.
I'm convinced he could do a great job and he loves the club.
Mr Khan, Danny Murphy is your man.

GreekNick

I would like as a Olympiacos fun to say a BIG THANKS toy Mr Felix Magath for selling as Pajtim Kasami and loan as Kostas Mitrogoal.

TonyGilroy

Managerial choices tend to be between the untried and the already failed. Post Hodgson we've tried both and it's been a disaster but the worst pick of all is the manager who has passed his sell by date which sums up Jol and Magath.

Kit ticks three big boxes. He's served an apprenticeship, he knows our players particularly the young ones and he gets the club.

Does he have what it takes to be a manager? Personally I'd like the club to go slow on finding a replacement and give Kit a few weeks to see how he shapes up.

Murphy strikes me as a number one or nothing.

mullers

First choice Hoddle, but he won't come. Second - the best of both worlds - Sherwood with Kit taking on the Lewington role. If Symons gets sacked he might be lost to us. I want him to stay at the club so I wouldn't make him manager.

dgnffc

I voted 'other' as no option for Brian McDermott. My second choice would be Eddie Howe. I'd like to see an up-and-coming manager (excluding Sherwood!) rather than another has-been whose best years were 10 years ago.

RaySmith

I'd like to see giving Kit given a good go at it- and definitely wouldn't want Sherwood, inexperienced, used to Spurs, loose cannon and attention seeking, or Hoddle -hasn't proven himself for me at this level, apart from Swindon ages ago.

Murphy is obviously attractive too - but he has no managerial experience at all. Can the club afford to gamble now?

People talk of Coleman - and I think he did do very well under the circumstances, but at the time he was strongly criticised by supporters, and got the sack.

ful123

Murphy and or Hoddle for me
I would hate to see Pulis Pardew Sherwood and especially Lennon last thing this club needs is a manager who spits his dummy out and that's for sure.

Taxi for Mackintosh anyone!

JIMMY D

I voted other! Roberto Di Matteo would be solid.

mullers

A lot of the managers mentioned don't seem to enjoy their job. This is probably down to the knee jerk reaction of certain club's supporters. I would argue that Fulham fans will give give more of a chance to whoever gets picked, so his attitude - whoever he is - might be different.

Lighthouse

Horrified by the thought of Pulis or Hoddle. But Steve Clarke I would be content with. Howecer as Kit will save the day none of the others will get a look in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

F(f)CUK

The astonishing thing is that there is no obvious runaway leader in the poll. 

grandad

Why the panic to appoint a new manager. Kit can´t do any worse, in fact I think he will stabilize the club. We can wait till the end of November & assess the situation then. It will give a new manager a month till the Jan window to see what players he needs to bring in.
There will be plenty of panic sackings from the Premiership & Championship for us to appoint from.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 19, 2014, 11:13:26 AM
The astonishing thing is that there is no obvious runaway leader in the poll. 

Not really as there is no stand out person available. The best peas have gone.
Where there's a will there's a wife

twang

Would settle for quite a few actually.

Kit is my first choice if he gets a good start and turns the club around. Otherwise I hope for one of the following names:

1. Eddie Howe
2. Karl Robinson
3. Neil Adkins
4. Brian McDermott

BestOfBrede

Quote from: grandad on September 19, 2014, 11:14:09 AM
Why the panic to appoint a new manager. Kit can´t do any worse, in fact I think he will stabilize the club. We can wait till the end of November & assess the situation then. It will give a new manager a month till the Jan window to see what players he needs to bring in.
There will be plenty of panic sackings from the Premiership & Championship for us to appoint from.
Completely agree with this - we should not panic and take our time. We cannot afford to keep sacking Managers and so need to ensure we get the right man this time.

Woodworm

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2014, 10:01:44 PM
Initially Kit Symons. Then maybe Glen Hoddle. Eddie Howe. Karl Robinson. Any of those.

Agree with this!

b+w geezer

I can understand why people might have hoped that the club had someone else lined up in case the hardly unforeseeable happened and Magath needed to be fired.

But given that they didn't, and Kit is in place, one surely has to want him to prove a success and to be rewarded for that success with the permanent job.

He is certainly not too young (7 years older than Bournemouth's Howe, two even than Lee Clark), he has solid coaching experience and has even been a Caretaker three times before at other clubs. This quite probably seems like make break for him into a Number One proposition. Love of club, credentials, motivation.... why hope for anyone else to need to replace him?

Obviously the club should be exploring alternatives, but it should also be hoping that none proves necessary.