watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy.

Started by Tooting legend, September 18, 2014, 09:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Just seen on BBC football that Danny Murphy would be interested in the job as Fulham manager, as he says that " I care about the club deeply and always had a desire to get involved, but he says its out of his hands"

This is something the club as been lacking for a few years a manager that loves the club and has Passion.

Gezza

Only one problem. He is not a manager. We need someone with proven experience.

Pie and mash

Tooting legend

Proven Experience!!!! Oh silly me thought that Jol or Magath were supposed to have proven experience and they did brilliant didn't they.

Passion is what we need........Something Fulham have lacked over the last few seasons. Experience does not always work.

hovewhite

Bring him back to the family coaching wise and groom him for the job over the longterm and let him earn it rather thanbexpect to walk into it.

Luffy86

Gary Monk was hardly experienced!! Doing alright with the swans!
Come home Papa Smurf!!

Pie and mash

Quote from: hovewhite on September 18, 2014, 09:34:11 PM
Bring him back to the family coaching wise and groom him for the job over the longterm and let him earn it rather thanbexpect to walk into it.

What I'd like to see

bucksfulham

Love to see him and Kit together. Dannny as coach with Ray Lewington as manager woiuldnt be bad either.

west kowloon white

So we end up with someone who has been fired by another club then?

westcliff white

There are a few slight difference between murphy and monk.

The first being that Monk had completed all of his coaching badges and the second being he was coaching at the club while still listed as a player so knew all the workings, playing styles both in game and that of the players of the and how the chairman and office staff worked, Murph has not completed his badges as yet from what I have seen/read, two he has been away from the club so isn't aware of the styles (although this is the least of the issues I feel as he will want it played his way and will see what the players have to offer in a short space of time, and finally he will have no idea of anyone in the office other than maybe Ali Mac.

Are they big obstacles? who knows!!
Every day is a Fulham day

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ray Houghton was on Talk Sport this Evening at about 17:30   he said that his time at Fulham was the best time of his life ...........he has always felt part of the place He was doing some charity thing with Les String and others the Bobby Moore Foundation............... lots of ex-fulham players and they all felt the same . Ray was very scathing about foreign managers and suggested we would not go too far wrong in choosing Curbs ........................... . that Micky Quinn said Ray should throw his hat in the ring ............ and I believe Ray said he wold love to .............................but then  he is not a manager either   :022:

dannyboi-ffc

He has to come home! Maybe as a number two but even thats a step up from colin murrays pet on talksport and a puppet occasionally on motd.

Come home danny! Its not the same without you!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham58

Sorry we need an experienced manager to get us out of this mess. Experienced in British football with an understanding of Championship.
Danny was / is a Fulham hero yes but able to get us sorted I don't think so.
Depending who comes in they will probably have some sort of assistant they work with, let Danny come back to coach kids along the lines of Kit , we cannot afford to get this wrong we are already a laughing stock.
Don't bow to sentiment take your time but get in right.
Actually looking forward to a game for first time in ages
One day these will be the good old days

OdecaMynoT

Fulham: Danny Murphy interested in manager's role

Former Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy says he would consider becoming the new manager at Craven Cottage.
Felix Magath was sacked with the club bottom of the Championship after seven games, following their relegation from the Premier League last season.
Murphy spent five seasons at Fulham making more than 200 appearances.
"I care about the club deeply and I've always had a desire to get involved but that's out of my hands," the 37-year-old told BBC Radio 5 live Sport.
"I've always said I'd like to go back to Fulham at some point in some capacity because I have an affinity with the supporters there.
"If they did want to speak to me, of course I'd be open-minded to that. I would never disregard something like that."
Magath, 61, had only been in charge of the club since February but his side had taken just one point from their first seven games of the new campaign. The club's under-21 manager Kit Symons has been named as caretaker boss.
Murphy expects the Cottagers to name an experienced replacement but says the most important thing is that they avoid relegation.

"First and foremost, it's about finding the candidates that can get Fulham out of this mess and if people within the hierarchy of the club think that's someone with more experience than me, that's fine," he said.
"My desire is to see them not at the bottom of the Championship because one thing is for sure, if their form continues and there was another relegation, the club structure and finances would be a catastrophe."
Magath became Fulham's third manager of the 2013-14 season following the dismissals of Martin Jol and Rene Meulensteen, but the Germancould not save the west London club from relegation, ending their 13-year stay in the top flight.
"There were certain methods that he adopted or tried to instil into the players that many of them felt were very unusual to say the least, if not prehistoric," added Murphy.
"It didn't look like a team dying for the cause and playing for the manager, it certainly looked like a lot of players, who were confused and unsure of what they were trying to do."

He has to be involved in some form.He just loves the club.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

K33NY

I used to say as many others, we need an experienced manager, Jol and Magath was experienced, though not in England but still, look where it got us, I understand the sceptism of hiring an unproven, but all experienced managers starts as unproven at some time, we will never know how well or bad we will do with an unexperienced Kit Symons or Danny Murphy, just as we will never know well or bad we will do with a actually experienced one, either way its still a.gambling and trying, I would like to see, match by match what Kit can do on this level, look at what he did with U21's now he has the chance to do the same with A team! He can have a clear plan, training sessions and motivate correctly, and lets hope he does, I hope he gets a win, and if he brings us a.couple of points I hope Murphy gets to be hes assistant.

COYW!!

Fulham Joe

I want Danny Murphy back at Fulham, I'm happy for him to be given a chance to manage the team.

Texas White

Murphy has my vote. Put the bite back in Fulham.

Artful Dodger

My cat, who not coincidentally is called Murphy, after the legend himself, says get him back now! Manager, coach, tea boy, anything, just get him back at Fulham. Some of the U18 and U21s will know him and will know what he has done for the club and immediately respect him.

We have no 'style of play' anymore, so that argument is out the window and he will know Kit (and Macintosh if he is still around) and would probably bring one or two of his own staff in anyway, so the argument he doesn't know anyone is irrelevant as well. And anyone who came in would never see Khan anyway who will be watching his scoreboard in Jacksonville.

No, he doesn't have managerial experience but does that matter in today's world? Monk at Swansea has stepped straight in, Mark Hughes did well from the start with Blackburn then Wales and Cookie did ok for us for 3 years when he replaced Tigana, so I really don't think that is a massive issue. Who else is out there - Pulis, no thanks, Mackay, unemployable for the next few years, Curbs, good in the 90's but not now.

And look it at this way, if he is doing his coaching badges now, he will be bang up to date with all coaching techniques, unlike the 'experienced' Magath. And just think of the atmosphere at the Cottage in his first game......

Murphy, the cat says, its got to be Danny Murphy for Fulham!!! COME ON DANNY!!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

grandad

Murphy has no experience of the Transfer Market. I don´t want it left to Mackintosh to have complete control as he doesn´t have a clue based on the disasters he has had. Murphy needs to come in first as a coach & learn.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

the way we operate the manager never gets involved other than identifying the targets, the rest is done by the ceo, we would need to change setup if we want the manager doing it.

We are not different to most teams as they operate this way these days, gess it was something to do with managers using their sons as agents etc and back handers
Every day is a Fulham day