News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Kit Symons Favour his youth players?

Started by South Aussie, September 19, 2014, 01:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Aussie

So will Kit prefer to play his youth who he knows well, which means the likes of Magaths imports like Hoogland, Bodurov, Voser, Kiraly, Fotheringham, Fazic and chihi will miss out? I for one hope he doesn't play any players I mentioned above, as none have impressed and would love to see our future stars such as Roberts and David play consistently! Also hoping to see Ruiz at some stage, intrguied to see how he plays in the championship.

aussierod

There's a lot of pressure on young 18-21 year olds just out of the Academy though, no doubting the potential and levels of ability these players possess but they also tend to make more mistakes or poor judgement due to their lack of experience. This experience will come and hopefully our Academy graduates turn out to be great players for FFC. Regarding the older players though, Hoogland & Bodurov have done well so far, Voser is a player with years of Champions League experience, so the younger players can learn a lot from these more seasoned pro's. We need a settled side with a good mixture of youth and experience, something we didn't get with Magath as he chopped and changed the side every other day, so Kit needs to find that illusive mixture and trust the players in their positions, with the younger players like Roberts coming off the bench to add some fresh legs and ideas to the side
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

RidgeRider

fulhamben

i have faith that kit wll pick the best players for each position regrdless of age, and hopefully that means a new captain will be announced.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

My hope is that we'll see Kit's first team XI playing with the same assurance and quality as his youth squads.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Don't expect miracles. He's taken over two days before the match. Doesn't give him much time to organise.

RidgeRider

Whatever he does, he knows the young guys and if he has been smart, he will have watched the senior games and has a good idea who does what well. Frankly, with his record with the kids, I would like to see him given a chance and if all we've been led to believe about the players and Magath, the boys may come out and play with passion and purpose this weekend again.....but agree with Snibbo, not much time to prepare.

fulhamben

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 04:20:05 AM
Don't expect miracles. He's taken over two days before the match. Doesn't give him much time to organise.
a decent team selection will go a long way
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

I think he will try and build on our magnificent performance at Forest, and will play a mixture of youth and experience.

I think Felix's imports have done pretty well, as have our young players, and the team just needs some fine tuning, and a settled team to start getting results.

I hope that he will try and sort out our defensive frailties first of all.

westcliff white

i thought he went on record and said that they had to be bought in gradually and some were not ready, prior to the season starting that is
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Anyone who's seen and heard him on the touchline at U21 games will know they will not get an easy ride.

At best he will at least play them in their correct positions and get the best out of them that way.

Baszab

Provided their confidence hasn't been shattered by FM and the 6 defeats

leonffc

What if he starts Fotheringham? Will the fickle amongst us take Foth to our hearts because of faith in Kit or turn on Kit straight away?
Just asking.

Michael Baron

Maybe Brede will want to return now Felix has gone. How great would that be?

RaySmith

But do you definitely know that Felix was responsible for him leaving.

Well, the club's story was that he didn't want to commit himself to the club.

Brede is now contracted to Palace, so we'd have to buy him back in the window.

Michael Baron

We should never have let him go. Big mistake. We always built a team around our CH. Especially our club captain. He`s Fulham through and through.  Get him back asap!

Michael Baron

Pluto

I'd definitely like to see Hoogland, Bodurov and Voser stay involved. I think all 3 are good players and will do well under the right management. Not too fussed in the rest though

Bronaldinho

Burn needs to be the mainstay in defence. He's miles ahead in my opinion

Play someone like David/Eisfeld with Parker to add some creativity through the middle. I'd love it if we recalled Tunnicliffe from B'Burn now. His run and assist in the U21's was dembele esque and something we've required for a while.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Michael Baron on September 19, 2014, 09:12:37 AM
Bring back Brede ASAP.

Ok Mrs Hangeland, your husband is very dear to us all but he was way past it. Sorry.