watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Clint was dropped for the Europa League semi final

Started by Fulham Joe, September 19, 2014, 02:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Fulhamerica

I don't think anyone can accuse Demps of lacking passion.

Snibbo

Quote from: MJs Statue on September 19, 2014, 02:30:05 AM
Yes. He didn't show any for us last season..

RidgeRider

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 02:36:33 AM

that's a cheap shot. He was not fully fit, we all knew that and playing for team in reverse.

Snibbo

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 19, 2014, 02:39:30 AM

that's a cheap shot. He was not fully fit, we all knew that and playing for team in reverse.
Don't think it's a cheap shot at all. I think he cynically used us to get fit for the world cup. You could see his heart wasn't in it for us anymore. He was terrible 2nd time around. Not taking anything away from his first spell with us, but his manner of departure and his failed return stained his reputation for us.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 04:21:55 AM

Don't think it's a cheap shot at all. I think he cynically used us to get fit for the world cup. You could see his heart wasn't in it for us anymore. He was terrible 2nd time around. Not taking anything away from his first spell with us, but his manner of departure and his failed return stained his reputation for us.

The whole team was terrible. IF his intent was to use us, which I doubt because it is not in his character, Fulham certainly used him as well. Nobody playing for Jol played with passion that season, so you don't know what was in his heart anymore than I do so to say he was terrible, you have to say everyone else on the team was terrible with the exception of the bloke we got fromm Tottenham who had two blinder matches for us. He wasn't as good as he was last time for us, I will give you that, but nobody on our team was playing well last season. His departure has never stained his reputation with me....that is personal choice you've chosen to believe. He gave us more passion and great play than any player has the past 7 or 8 seasons, I only care about what he did in a Fulham kit...he was Fulham through and through and proved it by coming back after he was slated by supporters for leaving just like so many others before him have left as well.

YankeeJim

Ridgie, give it a rest. Dempsey couldn't please some despite being Fulham's leading scorer in the Prem. He was just cynical and used Fulham doncha know. Snibbo will not believe other wise. Facts don't matter to the likes of him. I'll stop now before I get banned.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MasterHaynes

If only Tarrabt would have crossed to Dempsey when the scores were 0-0 against Sunderland instead of shooting from an impossible angle it may all have been a very different story

FortCollinsFulham

Yawwwwwn.

Tell me about Khan making the Cottage into flats while you're at it.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Snibbo

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on September 19, 2014, 06:17:33 AM

Yawwwwwn.

So do you think we got good value out of him last year? He looked disinterested and unmotivated. Yet when he went to the world cup all of a sudden he turned it on. Funny that.

nose

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 06:25:02 AM
Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on September 19, 2014, 06:17:33 AM

Yawwwwwn.

So do you think we got good value out of him last year? He looked disinterested and unmotivated. Yet when he went to the world cup all of a sudden he turned it on. Funny that.

We all knew it was a mistake for clint to join us last year, he was sadly not fit and only he knows his motives for returning. I thought it was a mistake said so and like so many others saw one of the multitude of errors take to the field far too often.

When clint first came I didn't really take to him because of his playing style, he was far to selfish a player and a bit lazy. He was never in Roy's prefered first 11, roy had duff and davies as the wingers and BZ and gera or AJ as the front two.... roy prefered a half fit BZ to clint and actually I thought he was wrong, a fully fit dempsey was a much better bet that hald fit zamotra.

In dempsey's final season he scored loads because of mega change in style of play, he worked harder and played properlky as a good team player, releasing the ball rather endlessly shooting forom anywhere with no prospect of scoring.  he increased he strike rate because he got into the box where he was brave and fearless and that he hadn't really done before... that was jol's major plus IMO.

I am not sure why this debate has come up again, i know clint was avery nice man having met him. i wish him well but he shouldn't hav come back.