News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool look further as 'Roy stalls' (allegedly )

Started by tingtawng, June 26, 2010, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

Liverpool look to Marseille coach Didier Deschamps as Roy Hodgson remains undecided on Anfield hot seat
Reds set sites on World Cup winner...
By Chris Davie
26 Jun 2010 09:31:00

Liverpool have targeted Didier Deschamps as their new manager as Roy Hodgson stalls over a final decision regarding the Merseyside club.

The Fulham manager has been heavily linked with the Anfield job, but Goal.com UK revealed on Friday that the instability in the boardroom has prevented Hodgson from making a final decision regarding the Anfield hot seat.

Liverpool appear to have now turned their attention to Deschamps, as time is running out before preparations get underway for the new season.

"The Liverpool chief executive, Christian Purslow, called me Thursday afternoon," said Jean-Claude Dassier, Marseille's president, in L'Equipe.

"He speaks French very well and he's is very courteous. I was waiting for his call from Liverpool for the interest in Didier. He asked me if I allowed him to meet Didier and Jean - Pierre Bernes. I replied that I did not allow any meeting to take place. I have also indicated that there is no way we'll let go of our coach."

"Didier says we have relationship built on trust. I hope he will stay with us for one more year. I am not worried about the fact that he has been linked with a move away. It is also true that Didier is flattered to see a big European club interested in him."

Marseille wanted to extend Deschamps' contract for another two seasons but the Frenchman has only agreed to stay one more year.
IN SVEN VE TVUST