more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Armed Forces Day

Started by finnster01, June 26, 2010, 04:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Today is Armed Forces Day.

God Bless our brave men and women in uniform. You are not forgotten.  :045: :045: :beer:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Here Here... :clap_hands: :beer: :028:

Lighthouse

At Wimbledon today they had the usual sport stars and legends introduced to the crowd. On the middle Saturday of the Championship this has become a tradition. Also though this year they had several many people from the different armed forces introduced to the crowd.

Whatever you think of the crowds at Wimbledon, they gave the biggest cheers and applause all the way through the forces intros.

Huge parades throughout the Country.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TheDaddy

Very thankful to one and all god bless yer   :beer:.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

os5889

Was at a T20 Cricket corporate day today and on my way in had to follow Charlies motorcade, his helicopter took off from the field outside Sophia Gardens and the memorial flypast, spinnycopters and red arrows flew over the game, the players and crowd just stopped and cheered, most surreal, it was chaos today, 50,000 was an understatement, so many flags and why shouldnt we celebrate the terriffic forces work every year!

Teabag

My daughter is in the RAF. She spent 2 years learning the local lingo and is off to Afghanistan shortly. Her work is so secret she won't even talk about it to her parents! I won't get a decent night's sleep while she is there. It's worse for those left behind.

epsomraver

Quote from: Teabag on June 27, 2010, 08:05:36 AM
My daughter is in the RAF. She spent 2 years learning the local lingo and is off to Afghanistan shortly. Her work is so secret she won't even talk about it to her parents! I won't get a decent night's sleep while she is there. It's worse for those left behind.
I hope she stays safe, and returns soon, but bear a thought for people like my old Mum sadly departed now who married my Dad in August 1940 and a week later waved goodbye to him not to see him again till 1946 back from Burma, there were thousands of her generation who did the same, lets not forget all those who gave for their country, many the ultimate price.

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on June 27, 2010, 10:16:33 AM
I hope she stays safe, and returns soon, but bear a thought for people like my old Mum sadly departed now who married my Dad in August 1940 and a week later waved goodbye to him not to see him again till 1946 back from Burma, there were thousands of her generation who did the same, lets not forget all those who gave for their country, many the ultimate price.

You could have been describing my situation Mr ER. I couldn't work out why I didn't have a dad until I was six years of age. I used to call every male I ever met "Daddy" thinking one of them must surely be my father. The looks my poor old mother got were priceless
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

Mr CH  :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

FatFreddysCat

All my best to the best  :54: . Cant we send the England team to the frontline.

Teabag

Quote from: epsomraver on June 27, 2010, 10:16:33 AM
Thanks ER. I can't help wondering what the hell we are doing in that godforsaken country.

Rupert

I'm just back from spending the weekend entertaining the Grenadier Guards Association, superb location, beautiful weather (a bit too good, considering we were running round in it) but the best part was this morning, a drumhead service with all the veterans and their wives, then we did a march-past and taking the salute were five veterans from the Second World War, two of whom were at Dunkirk.

Thankfully we are now rediscovering some national pride and can thank our veterans properly.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.