watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

should we ask dempsey first!!!

Started by wadey, June 26, 2010, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadey

ROBERT GREEN is lined up to replace Mark Schwarzer at Fulham.

With Schwarzer poised to complete a move to Arsenal, England's blunder keeper is now the Cottagers' prime target.

West Ham No 1 Green, 30, had been reported to be on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's shortlist.

But Wenger has opted for Schwarzer, 37, as a short-term solution to his problem between the sicks.

And with Australia out of the World Cup, a £3.5million transfer is expected to be completed in the next two weeks.

Wenger is also said to be close to sealing deals for a centre back and midfielder.

Schwarzer's departure will leave a vacancy at Europa League finalists Fulham, which Green is expected to fill.

Green has just one year left on his deal and has made it clear he wants to leave Upton Park. And despite the gaffe which allowed Fulham's Clint Dempsey to equalise for the USA in England's opening World Cup game, there will be no shortage of potential new employers.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson was among those to urge England boss Fabio Capello to keep faith with Green after the mistake.

Hodgson himself is also on the verge of leaving Craven Cottage to take up the reins at Liverpool, but his exit will not affect Fulham's plans to sign Green.

Steve_orino

If this happens...some positives from it:

Schwarzer leaves - purchased on a free 2 years ago and leaves at 3.5!
Schwarzer is 37 & although he probably does have some solid season's left, R.Green is 30 and arguably would be coming into his prime...
With our back four & organization of defense from the front, I think a host of goalies have a legitimate chance of being succesful as keeper at Fulham.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I think at this time the big Aussie can be mentiond with top 10 best Goalies in the World at the moment so whoever we get we are going to be taking a step down.
I would not be heart broken at Green coming to be honest,he made 1 mistake,unfortunatly it was at the World Cup against a team we should have beaten,that does not make him a bad keep though.