watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Edson Buddle Fulham Bound

Started by White Noise, June 26, 2010, 11:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/world_cup/858881/FULHAM-PLAN-MOVE-FOR-BUDDLE.html

FULHAM PLAN MOVE FOR BUDDLE

USA international fancied by Cottagers

By Greg Gobere, 26/06/2010

FULHAM plan to ease the pressure on goal machine Bobby Zamora by signing Edson Buddle from LA Galaxy.

Zamora had been linked with a move to Birmingham City but is keen to build on his most successful season at the Cottagers yet and commit to a £50,000-per-week deal.

Fulham see £500,000-rated Buddle, 29, as an ideal replacement for Erik Nevland who returned to Norwegian club Viking in May.

The American, whose Christian name is inspired by Brazilian legend Pele, has already proven he can link up well with Fulham's second most potent threat Clint Dempsey in the current USA squad.

Buddle played for the national against England in their opening World Cup match after David Beckham warned England's defenders of the threat his pace posed to the Three Lions defence. The pair have both played for Galaxy since 2007.

Fellow Blues target Paul Konchesky is also certain to snub a move away from Craven Cottage.

Crede15

LOL

He's better than Eddie I guess.

Brede Butter Pudding

These stories become more and more dire. Nothing printed in the NOTW ever ever happens, and this is just a further example.

Steve_orino

I guess at 500,000 & the idea of being a replacement for Nev-erland would be realistic but I still don't see this happening.  Plus, as BBP says, NOTW & all the stories coming out now will seem 'strectched' at best.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

I love the Sunday Papers. Although I never buy any, the news they produce oozes through the scab of reality like puss from a weeping sore.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steve_orino

Well, stretched...or oozing puss; it's all the same  :dft012:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

YankeeJim

Would it ease anyone's mind that Buddle is 29 and has something like 10 caps for a country that hasn't had a striker since Brian & has capped EJ about 35 times. The knock on him within MLS is he's bad in the locker room and lazy. He had a good year last year & started very strong this year & he can finish so................???????????????
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Crede15

My favorite part was the one about Beckham warning England about his pace. LOL, he's not really what you would call a pacy striker. And he's not like Nevland, at all. He's more like a poor man's Bobby Z.

I mean I'm happy with the team's performance and effort and all that but I'm not sure why anybody would be interested in our strikers. Michael Bradley is Premier League ready, Cherundolo would do alright in England but he's 31 or something.

Tom

Interesting, I think we can do better! I would take a couple different Americans ahead of Buddle. Give me Donovan, Altidore, Bradley and Howard. I would much rather have Altidore over Buddle at the forward position.
Fulham for life!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

We have not have a good run of Americans Ed's.  Ed Johnson is a donkey (apologies to any donkey who may be reading this) and Ed Lewis ("America's David Beckham") wasn't good enough even in the championship...

epsomraver

Quote from: Tom on June 27, 2010, 02:38:28 AM
Interesting, I think we can do better! I would take a couple different Americans ahead of Buddle. Give me Donovan, Altidore and Howard. I would much rather have Altidore over Buddle at the forward position.
Altidore = US heskey!!!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 27, 2010, 08:06:48 AM
We have not have a good run of Americans Ed's.  Ed Johnson is a donkey (apologies to any donkey who may be reading this) and Ed Lewis ("America's David Beckham") wasn't good enough even in the championship...

Apoligise accepted. Damn these flies ...............................