watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (30/09/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 29, 2014, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Blackburn Rovers loan star Ryan Tunnicliffe vows to add more goals to his game after first of his career

SUPER-SUB Ryan Tunnicliffe is determined to take a leaf out of his hero Steven Gerrard's book and add more goals to his game – after the first of his career left Blackburn Rovers in upbeat mood ahead of tomorrow's trip to Rotherham United.

Tunnicliffe capped a courageous and thrilling fight back from Rovers when he stepped off the bench to head in their brilliant equaliser in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Watford at an enraptured Ewood Park.

And having broken his duck at the 75th attempt the former Manchester United midfielder, 21, has now set his sights on finishing the season with at least five goals to his name.

"It was my first senior goal so I'm obviously delighted to get off the mark," said Greater Manchester-born Tunnicliffe, who admits Gerrard is his 'idol' despite the fact that he plays for United's bitter rivals Liverpool.

"I've had seven clubs, though a few of them were only a month's loan, but I'm delighted to get it going.

"When the cross came in I was thinking, 'I am going to miss it' to be fair! Everything went through my head at that split second – 'am I going to hit the bar? What's going to happen? I need to get my head on this'.

"But I didn't miss, I'm delighted we got the point and me scoring was great.

"I've tried adding goalscoring to my game this year, making runs from midfield, because I'm quite fast and powerful.

"If I set off midfielders might not be able to stay with me and I did that on Saturday as I ran past my man and was unmarked.

"I'm going to have to start getting it into my game even more as all the great midfielders score goals, whether it be five or 10 a season."

Tunnicliffe may have earned Rovers the draw they deserved.

But it probably left his father – who won £10,000 after his son made his debut for United in 2012, having placed a £100 bet that he would one day play for the Old Trafford outfit at the odds of 100-1 – out of pocket.

"My dad usually has a bet on me but I think all the money he's wasted over the years he probably didn't bother today," said Tunnicliffe, who is on a season-long loan at Rovers from Championship rivals Fulham.

"He spends fivers upon fivers every year!

"As soon it hit the back of the net I just set off running and then after about five seconds I remembered my family were in the stand so I ran over to them.

"I was delighted to score and for it to be the equaliser made it even better."

Tunnicliffe will be pushing to make his full Rovers debut in tomorrow's Rotherham clash.

And the summer transfer deadline day arrival insists Gary Bowyer's battling side will head to the New York Stadium with confidence high.

"We were a bit disappointed we didn't win on Saturday," said Tunnicliffe, who has had previous loan spells in the Championship with Peterborough United, Barnsley, Ipswich Town and Wigan Athletic.

"That may sound crazy after being 2-0 down but again the lads showed great character, we piled it on in the second half and I do think we were unlucky not to get three points."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11501772._/?

WhiteJC

Parker: Bring On Bolton

Fulham's Captain is hopeful that the second-half display against Birmingham City will act as a catalyst for the season.

Scott Parker led his team to a first league victory of 2014/15 on Saturday, as goals from Tim Hoogland and Hugo Rodallega after the restart turned the game on its head to earn the Whites an invaluable 2-1 win.

It was an excellent response to a below-par performance in the first 45 which saw Fulham trail to David Cotterill's stunning strike, and Parker admitted it was a welcome return to winning ways.

"It's a very important win, obviously," he told fulhamfc.com. "We've been searching for this win for some time now so it's often been quite disappointing on a Saturday.

"I didn't think we played very well in the first half but then we showed a lot of character in the second half. When we went 2-1 up we always felt we were going to see out the game.

"I think when you get to this point, it was always about the result, that's the key thing. We've got our first win away from home and we've got another game coming up really quick so we've got to try and get back-to-back wins so we can start pushing up the table."

The next game to which he refers sees Bolton Wanderers visit Craven Cottage on Wednesday (8pm), and although they currently reside in the relegation zone alongside Fulham, Parker is anticipating another challenging test of their credentials.

"You look at Bolton's side and the players they've got – they're a good side on paper," he commented. "They've got some good players so it'll be another tough game – although in this league I think we've all come to realise there are no easy games – but we're looking forward to it."

Kit Symons' men were vociferously encouraged by the Fulham faithful at St Andrew's at the weekend, and our skipper is keen for a replicated atmosphere at the Cottage this week.

"I think the fans have been superb this year, especially when we haven't given them a lot to shout about," he admitted. "The travelling supporters on Saturday were brilliant and hopefully they'll come in their thousands and get behind us and be the 12th man on Wednesday."

With two wins on the board from the three matches for which Symons has been in caretaker charge, the signs are there that Fulham are turning a corner – a sentiment that Parker fully endorses.

"We said at the start of the season that we have got a very young squad," he stated. "Even the boys who aren't young have never played in this league, but I'm certainly seeing massive improvements and I think the lads are slowly getting to realise what this league's all about, and what some of the main ingredients you need are.

"Technically, I think we're probably one of the best teams in the league but there's the other side to the game, especially in the Championship, which you need, and certainly on Saturday in the second half we showed that.

"It was a massive win and the changing room was bouncing – obviously we haven't had a win all season so it was very pleasing. Hopefully now we can go into the Bolton game and win again."

Tickets for Wednesday's game are available to buy on General Sale, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/29/parker-bring-on-bolton?

WhiteJC

Attwell To Referee Fulham v Bolton

Stuart Attwell will referee Wednesday's Championship fixture between Fulham and Bolton at Craven Cottage.

Wanderers go into the game on the back of a 2-0 defeat to Derby County on Saturday, while Fulham were 2-1 winners at Birmingham City on the same afternoon.

Attwell, who will take charge of the game, has officiated seven matches so far this season - issuing 16 yellow cards and one red.

His last outing was on September 27, when he was the man in the middle for Exeter City's 2-1 victory over Bury in League Two. The Warwickshire official produced two yellow cards in that game - one to each side.

Attwell's last match in charge of Bolton was in March 2013, when Wanderers were beaten 1-0 by Ipswich Town at Portman Road. Two yellow cards were shown that day, to Darren Pratley and Craig Davies.

The last time he refereed a Fulham fixture was in September 2011, when they played out a goalless draw with West Bromwich Albion in a Premier League fixture at the Hawthorns. Three yellow cards were shown that day, all of which were received by Fulham players.

Below is the full set of officials for Wednesday's game between Fulham and Bolton:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referees: Michael George, Lee Venamore
Fourth Official: Matt Foley

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2014/09/29/attwell-to-referee-fulham-v-bolton.html

WhiteJC

Parker targets Bolton win
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 29, 2014

Scott Parker believes Fulham's battling victory at Birmingham on Saturday could be the spark that ignites their season and he has called on his team-mates to follow up their first league win with three more points against Bolton on Wednesday.

The Fulham captain was encouraged by his side's resilience as they fought back from a goal down to move off the bottom of the Championship table thanks to goals from Tim Hoogland and Hugo Rodallega at St. Andrew's. The relief at a first win in nine games was tangible.

It's a very important win, obviously. We've been searching for this win for some time now so it's often been quite disappointing on a Saturday. I didn't think we played very well in the first half but then we showed a lot of character in the second half. When we went 2-1 up we always felt we were going to see out the game.

I think when you get to this point, it was always about the result, that's the key thing. We've got our first win away from home and we've got another game coming up really quick so we'we've got to try and get back-to-back wins so we can start pushing up the table.

The 33 year-old is expecting a tough battle when Bolton, another of the early season strugglers, come to Craven Cottage in midweek.

You look at Bolton's side and the players they've got – they're a good side on paper. They've got some good players so it'll be another tough game – although in this league I think we've all come to realise there are no easy games – but we're looking forward to it.

We said at the start of the season that we have got a very young squad. Even the boys who aren't young have never played in this league, but I'm certainly seeing massive improvements and I think the lads are slowly getting to realise what this league's all about, and what some of the main ingredients you need are.

Technically, I think we're probably one of the best teams in the league but there's the other side to the game, especially in the Championship, which you need, and certainly on Saturday in the second half we showed that. It was a massive win and the changing room was bouncing – obviously we haven't had a win all season so it was very pleasing. Hopefully now we can go into the Bolton game and win again.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/09/parker-targets-bolton-win/?

WhiteJC

November Fixtures

Tickets for the Whites' November home games against Blackpool (Wednesday 5th November, 8pm) and Huddersfield Town (Saturday 8th November, 3pm) are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

Priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors, Season Ticket Holders and Members can now take advantage of their priority booking window and secure their seats for these fixtures.
Blackpool Tickets
Huddersfield Tickets
Not a 2014/15 Member? Joining the Fulham Faithful is easy, with adult Membership priced at £30 and juniors just £5.

There's also a free Membership available; Mini-Fulhamites, for the youngest of Whites supporters. Simply buy online today, phone 0843 208 1234 (option 2) or visit the Ticket Office in person.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/29/november-fixtures?

WhiteJC

Fulham got it all wrong this summer... instead of wheeling and dealing, Felix Magath should have followed Norwich
Neil Adams' Norwich top the Championship table
Fulham sacked Felix Magath and brought in Kit Symons
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left Cardiff with Russell Slade primed to take over

Just nine games in to the Sky Bet Championship season and Norwich City are already 16 points clear of Fulham, and eight ahead of Cardiff.

For the trio relegated from the Barclays Premier League in May, it is hard not to conclude that their current league positions - first, 15th and 23rd respectively - are a direct result of each club's preparations for the 2014-15 campaign.

While Fulham were still frantically buying and selling with no apparent plan right up to the close of the transfer window last month, Norwich had a settled and balanced squad before the first ball of the season was kicked. Cardiff, too, were preoccupied with transfer dealings and distracted by off-field squabbles when they should have been concentrating on their fixtures.

Fulham recorded their first win of the Championship season at Birmingham City on Saturday

Hugo Rodallega notched the winner for Fulham at St Andrew's

It was no surprise then when Felix Magath lost his job at Fulham after their disastrous start and when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's stay in South Wales came to an end 11 days ago.

While all this has been going on, Norwich have been making serene and steady progress under Neil Adams. They sit top of the table after the weekend's fixtures. It is no fluke.

Faced with the very real possibility of relegation in April, the Norwich board sacked Chris Hughton. They were in fact five points clear of the drop zone at the time, but with a nightmare run of fixtures coming up they made the bold move to invest in the long-term in favour of the short.

In came Adams, so successful as Norwich's youth coach and a man with close ties to the club from his playing career.

Hughton had achieved an 11th-placed finish the season before but a steady decline had seen the natives grow restless as transfer funds were wasted on failed foreign imports such as Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

In hiring Adams, chief executive David McNally felt, even if Norwich went down, the feel-good factor would soon be back in Norfolk.

And so it is proving, even if we are only nine games in to the season.

Felix Magath's transfer policy was highly quested at Fulham during the close season

The club sold their prized assets for top dollar; swiftly and efficiently and with no hard feelings. Handsome fees were brought in for Robert Snodgrass and Leroy Fer, among others, allowing Adams to concentrate on adding Championship experience and a sprinkling of youth from the club's academy to an already strong squad.

While Norwich were not turning many heads with their pre-season work, one senses that was exactly the plan.

Contrast that to the circuses going on at Craven Cottage and the Cardiff City Stadium this year, and it is easy to see how such a gap has already opened up between Norwich and their relegated counterparts.

Mercifully, things finally seem to be moving in the right direction at Fulham and Cardiff, but the moral of the story is never to underestimate the Championship.

Josh Murphy celebrates scoring Norwich's third goal in a comfortable 3-1 win at Blackpool on Saturday

Russell Slade is primed to take over the manager's job at Cardiff after leaving Leyton Orient next week

While Russell Slade looks to be a shrewd appointment at Cardiff and Kit Symons is steadying the ship at Fulham, you cannot afford to give your rivals a nine-game headstart at this level, no matter how much money you have to spend in January.

The Football League is littered with clubs who have taken years to recover from relegation from the top flight because they didn't face up to it in time and invest in their long-term futures.

Norwich were one of those clubs. Never recovering from relegation in 2005 and eventually slipping down in to League One in 2009.

Perhaps that is why they have made moves to make sure the same doesn't happen again.

Good week for... BRENTFORD. Here's a stat for you: Brentford are the only side in the top half of the Championship not to have played in the Premier League before. More importantly, Saturday's 2-0 win over Leeds at Griffin Park has lifted Mark Warburton's Bees nine points clear of the relegation zone. Keep up this form, and soon they may be able to start dreaming of the play-offs.

Bad week for... BARNSLEY. Returning for a second spell at Oakwell after he guided the club to the top flight in 1997, Danny Wilson thought he had assembled a Barnsley squad capable of returning to the Championship at the first attempt this season. Already though, he appears on borrowed time after Saturday's 3-0 home defeat by Swindon. The Tykes are in the League One relegation zone.

Jota Peleteiro (centre) celebrates after scoring the opening goal during Brentford's win against Leeds

TALENT SCOUT: MATT GRIMES (Exeter City)
After a poor start to the season, Exeter are well and truly up and running following three successive victories, the latest coming against Bury, who led the League Two table before their 2-1 defeat on Saturday. Over half of Paul Tisdale's squad have come through the club's academy and perhaps the brighest prospect of them all, 19-year-old midfielder Grimes, showed his class by curling home a left-footed free-kick to give them the lead at St James Park.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2773640/Fulham-got-wrong-summer-instead-wheeling-dealing-Felix-Magath-followed-Norwich.html#ixzz3EjD26uX7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

The Craven Corner: Fulham must build on Birmingham win against Bolton

Kit Symons. Picture: EMPICS Sport

Our Fulham blogger is delighted after the Whites picked up their first league win at St Andrews but they must capitalise against struggling Bolton.

Hallelujah – finally, we win a league game and to be honest we were made to work hard for it by a fairly impressive Birmingham side. We really didn't hit the ground running in the first half and Birmingham looked like that they could really cause us some problems with the likes of Cotterill and Gray playing incredibly direct.

Credit where credit is due, Cotterill's goal was one for the cameras and Marcus Bettinelli simply had no chance with it. But, without a shadow of a doubt Bettinelli was our man of the match in my opinion by a country mile. The amount of saves he made to keep us in the game was amazing and it's a pleasing sign for the fans as Kit Symon's keeps his faith in the young keeper rather than playing Felix's veteran, Gabor Kiraly.

But after half time, Kit changed the system and made substitutions and we started to get a foothold in the game. Tim Hoogland's poorly executed shot found it's way past the diving Darren Randolph and when we equalised we looked more dangerous and deserved to take the lead. Hugo Rodallega's persistence, pace and harassing of the Birmingham defence, lead more chances for the Colombian to run behind and on another day he could have bagged a hat-trick. But his hard work up front paid off and Hugo expertly punished their defence with a fine finish after a mix-up to help the club to its first league win.

I know Kit Symons has only been in the job for a couple of weeks, but it's amazing how much of a change he has made to the squad already. The players have responded well to the new manager and they look happier with Felix out of the club. We still have a long way to go in terms of improving the performances on the pitch, but now we have Bryan Ruiz back in the squad a few more weeks with Kit at the helm and we'll go on a decent run of results. We're much better than our league position says and with Kit picking a consistent eleven and not changing every week we will resurrect this season no doubt. It's clear that Betts is the number one goalkeeper, Dan Burn is the main stay in defence and Bryan Ruiz, Ross McCormack & Hugo Rodallega all have a big part to play in the final third of the pitch. Despite his lack of experience, if Kit can keep a happy camp and start to gel the team together, then I have no complaints about him taking the job on a full-time basis.

Next up is Bolton and once again it's a must win game. It's all about confidence building and making the most of our first league win now. Bolton, have fallen since their exit from the top flight and their squad is deflated after a poor set of results. A another few days in training with Kit and learning his methods, the team should look stronger and I'm positive we can take another three point.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/the_craven_corner_fulham_must_build_on_birmingham_win_against_bolton_1_3787779

WhiteJC

Watford's new head coach Billy McKinlay made his name as a player with Dundee United and Scotland and a coach at Fulham

New Hornets head coach Billy McKinlay during his time at Fulham. Picture: Action Images

Glasgow boasts an impressive track record as the place of birth of many football bosses and it can now add Billy McKinlay to the list after his appointment as Watford's third head coach of the season.

Born on April 22, 1969, the former midfielder's playing career began at Hamilton Thistle but he was signed by Dundee United in 1985 and went on to spend ten years at Tannadice, making a total of 222 league appearances and scoring 23 goals.

During his time at United, the 45-year-old played in the 1988 Scottish Cup final while he was still a teenager and went on to win 14 of his 29 international caps while at the club.

McKinlay moved south of the border in 1995 to join then Premier League champions Blackburn Rovers for £1.75m, making more than 100 appearances in all competitions during five years at Ewood Park.

Spells at Leicester City (on loan), Bradford City and Clydebank followed, before McKinlay rejoined the Foxes in 2002, helping Micky Adams' side finish runners-up in the second tier in his first season before they were relegated from the top-flight 12 months later.

McKinlay though, was to remain in the Premier League after accepting an offer from current Wales manager Chris Coleman to become a player-coach at Fulham.

He remained at Craven Cottage for the next nine years, establishing a reputation for developing the club's younger players as both reserve and first-team coach, working alongside Ray Lewington, Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes and Martin Jol.

Along with former Hornets boss Lewington, McKinlay stepped up to help take charge of the first team following Lawrie Sanchez's sacking in 2007 and again assumed temporary control of Fulham in 2012 when Jol was sidelined due to ill health.

McKinlay's time at the then Premier League club came to an end a day after Jol's departure in early December but he has continued to work as assistant to Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill, having held that role since 2012.

McKinlay, who was in the running to return to Blackburn as Steve Kean's successor two years ago, made it clear in an interview two years previously that he felt ready to take the step up into management, explaining the significant influence of current England boss Hodgson on his career.

He told the Daily Record in 2010: "In 2004 Chris Coleman and Stevie Kean invited me to Fulham as a player-coach. They wanted me to help with the reserves and the kids. I was delighted. It was a great opportunity to start out.

"I now think I'm as ready as I'll ever be to become my own man. I've got all my coaching badges.

"I'm not itching to get away but I don't want to be in this job for too long either.

"I'd like the responsibility of being a manager and working with Roy has been fantastic."

McKinlay continued: "Roy was also my manager at Blackburn and I was fortunate enough to have the benefit of his coaching as a player.

"Then when I got into coaching I'd phone him up to pick his brain. I'd go over to Finland when he was manager there and see him in action.

"When he came here it was even more of an education to listen to him every day. I was learning from the master.

"His organisation and preparation are second to none. Every training session has a real purpose and every team-talk is informative. There's barely a second or a word wasted with Roy."

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/11502470._/?

WhiteJC

Kit Symons reveals what he wants from Fulham

The caretaker head coach led Fulham to their first Championship win of the season.

The Cottagers fought back from one goal down to claim their first win of the season at Birmingham City.

Second half goals from Tim Hoogland and Hugo Rodallega won the tie, and gave Symons two consecutive victories following the defeat of Doncaster in the League Cup.

Despite struggling in the first half at St Andrews, the Cottagers looked revitalised in the second period, dominating the game and being rewarded for their confident display with a win that will return more confidence to the West Londoners.

Symons was delighted to see his squad pick up their first three points of the Championship campaign, although he too was disappointed with the first half display, and is looking for more consistency across the full 90 minutes.

Speaking to the official Cottagers website, the Welshman said: "I'm absolutely delighted for the players, for the fans and for the whole Football Club.

"Winning breeds confidence and gives you momentum. That's what we've got now, two wins on the spin, and we need to build on it.

"It's a start, and that's all it is. But it's a great start to have. Belief was the word we spoke about before the game, and at half-time, because I don't think we really showed the belief in the first half but in the second half we showed it in abundance."

Belief and character have been traits not seen at Craven Cottage since the arrival of former head coach Felix Magath last season, and Symons was determined to bring passion out of the players for the second half.

"[I told them to] liven up a bit because we didn't get going at all," he added.

"Our defending was a little bit loose and our passing was absolutely awful. We were overplaying in the wrong areas and it was a poor first-half performance.

"Birmingham were the better side and they deserved their lead.

"But the players took on board what we told them at half-time, what we asked them to do differently, and they came out and did it fantastically well.

"We got two goals and then we could have got a couple more. Although they were pushing for the equaliser, our goal looked pretty solid, pretty safe and we looked more likely to score the next goal as well.

"In the three games since I've taken over, we seem to do either very well first half and drop off in the second half or the other way. If we could actually start playing well for 90 minutes of football, it'd be a doddle this job but unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/29/kit-symons-reveals-what-he-wants-from-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Marcus is a safe bet - Symons

Kit Symons hailed young goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli for his role in Fulham's first league win of the season.

The 22-year-old, recalled by caretaker boss Symons following Felix Magath's sacking, saved a penalty in the Capital One Cup victory over Doncaster last week before putting in another fine display in Saturday's 2-1 success at Birmingham. "Marcus is an excellent keeper, we've known that for a long, long time," said Symons. "He's been thrown in the first team maybe earlier than he would have imagined, and maybe we imagined. But he's been given an opportunity and he's taken it, and sometimes that's the way things work out. "He can't do a lot more than that, a penalty save to win us the cup game on Tuesday night and an inspired performance at Birmingham. He'll be very pleased, and I'm very pleased with him."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/marcus-is-a-safe-bet---symons-1742146.html?

WhiteJC

Kit Symons can secure permanent Fulham post with victory over Bolton Wanderers
Current caretaker manager can seal position on permanent basis with victory at Craven Cottage on Wednesday

Big impression: Kit Symons is in pole position to land the Fulham job on a permanent basis Photo: ACTION IMAGES

Kit Symons is in pole position to land the Fulham job and could secure the post if he beats Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday.

Symons, the current caretaker manager, has the support of influential Fulham board members and secured the club's first league victory of the season on Saturday at Birmingham City.

Felix Magath's difficult tenure was finally ended earlier this month and Symons has stepped in, losing only one of his three games so far.

And while chairman Shahid Khan had pledged to lead a "thorough search" for Magath's successor, Fulham are edging closer towards appointing Symons on a permanent basis.

A former player for the club and coach of the under-18 and under-21s sides, Symons will strengthen his claims with a victory over Bolton at Craven Cottage on Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/11128892/Kit-Symons-can-secure-permanent-Fulham-post-with-victory-over-Bolton-Wanderers.html

WhiteJC

One more win will seal Fulham job for Symons
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 29, 2014

Kit Symons will be offered the Fulham's manager job on a full-time basis if he can steer his side to victory over fellow strugglers Bolton Wanderers at Craven Cottage on Wednesday, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The paper reports that the current caretaker manager has the support of the key members of Fulham's board after winning two of his first three matches in charge, including recording the club's first win in a traumatic Championship campaign at Birmingham on Saturday. Shahid Khan could be close to calling off what he had previously described as a 'thorough search' for a replacement for the sacked Felix Magath as Symons' has impressed club officials with the way he has boosted morale during his short time in charge.

Already having regarded at Motspur Park for his impressive work with the club's Under 18 and Under 21 sides, Symons also has three years as a player – including two promotions – at Craven Cottage and was the fans' favourite to take over from Magath, even prior to the German coach's dismissal after the 5-3 defeat at Nottingham Forest. His closeness to the club's Academy set-up is seen as crucial given Fulham's current reliance on young players.

Although Fulham were beaten 1-0 at home by Blackburn Rovers in Symons' first game in charge, the 43 year-old former centre back guided the Whites into the fourth round of the Capital One Cup with a win over Doncaster Rovers and inspired a comeback at St. Andrew's on Saturday to lift the Londoners off the foot of the league table.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/09/one-more-win-will-seal-fulham-job-for-symons/?