watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz - the return !

Started by Robbie, October 01, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Great play-making today. Good for Kit for keeping him on despite him looking a bit tired after 70 minutes.

nose

here is a first... Ruiz was top draw today, if he plays like that every game from  now on I will be very happy indeed!

LBNo11

...yep, definitely one of his better games, this must help his confidence level, and he shrugged off a strong challenge and stayed on his feet too..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

nose

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 01, 2014, 11:19:56 PM
...yep, definitely one of his better games, this must help his confidence level, and he shrugged off a strong challenge and stayed on his feet too..!

the main thing was he got involved, he was looking for the ball and trying to make things happen... if he continues to do that everyone, even me, will become fans.

HatterDon

That's what happens when you play him to his strength.

It could have been that way since he signed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

He's a number 10 and a very good one.  Trouble is, that fool Jol played Berbadross there and ruined Ruiz's chances of success sticking him every place but that.  Bryan also has Ross now who seems to give him a much better outlet than he ever had before.  Hats off to Kit for having the huevos to pick him.
Nogood "si bueno, isit" Boyo

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2014, 11:52:43 PM

we'll see.
i am happy today but bolton afforded us loads of space and time, boro will be more interesting as a test.
if it continues this way, and it  just might, then so much the better.

YankeeJim

Quote from: nose on October 02, 2014, 12:14:59 AM

we'll see.
i am happy today but bolton afforded us loads of space and time, boro will be more interesting as a test.
if it continues this way, and it  just might, then so much the better.

Indeed, we will see but Hatter is correct, Ruiz is at his best in the middle of the pitch. I think (hope) that he will thrive there. I doubt we'll see the quality the rest of the year that he played against in the WC. If the other teams pushes him off the ball with success, than that is what substitutes are for.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Whiteroom

Man of the match. Absolutely flawless performance this evening. A joy to watch.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We have the most stylish player in the Championship, be proud    :54:

MrProphet

Man of the match by a mile for me tonight however.....

He was given the freedom of London by the Bolton team something he will not get every week. When he is closed down then he ll be back to the ruiz that divides opinion

jms

Quote from: KCat on October 02, 2014, 12:40:43 AM
We have the most stylish player in the Championship, be proud    :54:

:plus one:

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Whiteroom on October 02, 2014, 12:21:25 AM
Man of the match. Absolutely flawless performance this evening. A joy to watch.

I hate on this 'night of nights' to put a damper on it.
I only listened to Jim and Sean, both very down to earth diehard
Fulham people, now that Sean has got over his hard on for Chelsea.
But their commentary in the first half and early second half about
Ruiz was very negative.
Yes (it sounded like) he made some telling passes and free kicks but at that point (it sounded like)
a useless Bolton had thrown caution to the wind and there was acres of space that
even Lemuel Gulliver could have threaded passes through.

Believe me I hope that any and every Fulham player will succeed, but I still have reservations
about him against a better midfield and defence away (up north) on a muddy pitch in January,
Crunch the hell out of him in the first five minutes, which believe me will come, and then what ?
sure as hell a test of his character.
Fortunately we have others waiting in the wings.
I'll watch the match tomorrow and hope to eat my words

Now to nice things, a win at Middlesborough will hopefully make Mr Khan disband.
his need for the 'Gang of Five"

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEE
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SouthIslandWhite

I have never heard of a Fulham player who garners such diametrically opposed views.  Its almost a dead heat 50/50.  Half of us love him, half can't stand him.  But one thing is for sure, Kit plays him and he seems to be performing.  I say, listen to Kit.  Good game Brian.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

dannyboi-ffc

He was outstanding last night. The most gifted player in the league by a mile other than the potential of roberts. He is proving a lot of people that backed him right and although the standard of opposition is much weaker, I put his awful displays in the past down to.....
1) berbatov
2) jol not using him correctly

What a difference it makes having 3 players behind him and two in front with two very good full backs. Well played kit, you're spot on sir
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

King_Crud

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 01, 2014, 11:19:56 PM

he even made a clearing header from a Bolton corner, amazing scenese

blingo

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 02, 2014, 12:13:55 AM
He's a number 10 and a very good one.  Trouble is, that fool Jol played Berbadross there and ruined Ruiz's chances of success sticking him every place but that.  Bryan also has Ross now who seems to give him a much better outlet than he ever had before.  Hats off to Kit for having the huevos to pick him.
Nogood "si bueno, isit" Boyo

Using foreign words!!!!! You'll be branded racist by the politically correct on here lol
Bling.... i like boiled huevos with soldiers....o.

F(f)CUK

I am surprised by the post stating that the commentary were down on Ruiz. I was at the game and he and Parker bossed the first half. His ability to switch the play with a 30yd pass opened the space that has been discussed in this thread. His 2 back heels were class, as was his pass that set up the third goal.

Finally people are looking at what he is doing rather than what he is failing to do.

MJG

Quote from: F(f)CUK on October 02, 2014, 07:47:59 AM

Finally people are looking at what he is doing rather than what he is failing to do.

Because he finally did what everyone thought he could do but has not done enough

Julius Geezer

Quality footballer and his form will be key to our fortunes this season.

I still think he ducks out of too many tackles and aerial battles but I can put up with that if he carries on playing like last night!