Main Menu

How many English players play abroad?

Started by WhiteJC, June 28, 2010, 12:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 30, 2010, 09:05:02 AM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 30, 2010, 12:52:54 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 28, 2010, 12:22:58 PM
are there any English players in Italy, Germany or Spain? if our "golden generation" are so good why aren't more (some) of them playing abroad?

Kinda like asking why american Basketball players aren't playing in Italy or Greece... or top Baseball players playing in Japan. English players get more money when they play in England so why would they leave? Beckham played most of his career outside of England, but that was so he could market himself and make himself a world wide commodity.

my point is that if English players are so good, then they would get paid to play in other leagues.

I think you'll find that Beckham played a good part (most?) of his career for Man Utd

Becks played 10 years at Man U and the last 7 abroad, so I bow to your superior knowledge of those pesky things I call facts... you can't take from the fact that individually your boys are very good, as a group, decidedly less so. In my opinion they are such super stars and would be best served by a manager with superstar power like Ferguson or Jose Morinho.