Main Menu

Tipping league FA Cup- The Rules

Started by dannyboi-ffc, October 13, 2014, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Rules
1) you simply predict the scores of all the games selected

2) for every correct game result you predict, you will be awarded 1 point

3) for every correct game SCORE you predict, you will be awarded 2 points. NOTE- you will not score three points for both, just the correct SCORE points will be awarded.

4) For those who understand how the tipping league works, there will be NO DPG feature included in this tournament.

5) As this is a cup KNOCKOUT competition the aim is to outscore your direct opponent, the person with the highest score is through to the next round and the loser is eliminated.

6) A deadline will be set which predictions have to be submitted by, failure to meet that deadline will automatically eliminate you from the competition resulting in their opponent receiving a buy to the next round.

7) If BOTH members fail to predict any scores then they will both be eliminated to prevent the tournament becoming a shambles. In this very unlikely scenario the best loser from that round will go through instead.

8) No scores can be changed once I receive a message, this is because it will cause more work and confusion for me.

9) No scores can be filled in once I have posted them. As I will be posting scores in pairs it would be unfair on your opponent. As genuine as you might be we are all human and it would be natural for your opponents score in that game to influence your own. I will message anyone who misses a game by mistake and give them some time to respond but once I decide to click post its hard luck I'm afraid.

10) All predictions must be made by Private Message to dannyboi-ffc. This is a result of persistent cheating in the FA Cup last season. Far too much tactical predicting and copying opponents to rule out certain games. Once I have both predictions from a pair they will be posted. All scores will be posted before the first kick off. If however you are competing against me we will both message Logical Man instead and he will post our scores once both are received.

11) As always you are entitled to query your score if you believe a mistake has been made when the results are issued. We are only human so please check carefully.

12) Unlike the tipping league we need a way of separating a participant from their opponent in the event of a draw (both players accumulating the same score overall). The tie breaker will be who was closest to predicting the overall number of goals scored across all the games listed for prediction. This will simply mean adding the amount of goals you have predicted overall (so think carefully when predicting).

12) Replays will not be included so if you predict a 1-1 draw, the draw stands as the result and you will be awarded points as necessary. Note that these rules are used for both FA and League cups so this is irrelevant for the league cup.

13) In the semi finals and final predicting criteria is more in depth and will be explained in more detail at the time of those rounds.

14) Extra time does not count until the Semi finals and Final where it will be explained in more detail.

Brief explanation of the tournament.......

The cup will work in sync with the FA cup starting in the 3rd round. 64 clubs are entered into the draw so we need 64 participants.

Or for the League Cup it will start in the 2nd round with 56 members being entered. Depending on how many clubs are in Europe that season will determine how many members receive an automatic buy to the 3rd round. In these cases they will be assigned to one of those 7/8 clubs in Europe that season who also receive a buy to the 3rd round. These lucky few will be chosen on merit by Tipping League positions and Cup winners/ runners up. That means the top 5/6 in the league plus the winners of the league and FA cup or if a member qualifies as both the runner up of that final will take that spot instead.

How does the draw work? Every participant will be randomly selected to represent a club in the draw, if both the participant and the club they represent progress then you keep that club for the following round. However, if the participant progresses but their club is eliminated they simply adopt the club of their defeated opponent.

It doesn't matter whether your club is drawn home or away either.

There is no prize for the winner other than the pride of being the best predictor of football results amongst the supporters of the  best club in the world.

May the best predictor win!  
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging