more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

O'Driscoll now 3rd in betting at 6/1

Started by vagrant, June 29, 2010, 09:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

FatFreddysCat

Loved Noisey as a player, done great jobs at Bournemouth and Doncaster, but would he have the respect of Millionaire Premiership players?

Fernhurst

Wow that's a turn up, I've been promoting getting "Noisy" back to the club for some time now.

Unfortunately I feel the club has grown beyond Sean's paygrade but would love to see him return in some capacity as his style is always about good football.

Burt

Untried and untested at this level...

Putting sentiment to one side, it would be a hell of a risk and not a good move.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2010, 10:25:03 PM
Untried and untested at this level...

Putting sentiment to one side, it would be a hell of a risk and not a good move.

He has a long CV in management now. The fact that he has not done so at this level is a risk. But even an experienced manager is a risk. I would welcome him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

For those unsure of who "noisy" is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Driscoll

He's before my time, but he looks like he might be a good gamble (I'd normally tend to avoid the gamble, being a coward, but would I have appointed Roy? Probably not).

Lighthouse

Sean was a clever hard working, usually wide midfield player. He was a reliable member of the side. A great favourite of my Sister for some reason.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

It would be stupid of MAF to appoint him manager.

OldBrownShoe

Far-sighted I think rather than stupid. EVERY appointment is a risk. I remember him as a player, came up from non-league, and after us went on for a very lengthy spell at Bournemouth. Thereafter he occupied several back room positions including coaching before becoming a successful manager. He left Bournemouth after 22 years before moving on to Doncaster.  You never hear anything bad about him only good/favourable stuff. His teams are encouraged to play football. I can think of a number of Mo's appointments that were more of a risk but as I said above every appointment is a risk as is every signing. Sometimes the gambles pay off big time. Give me him over Sven or Curbs anytime.  Just my humble opinion.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

TonyGilroy

The perfect job for O'Driscoll would be Leicester. If he's going to get a crack at the Prem he needs to promote a club into it.

We need someone reliable and proven but still with ambition. Mark Hughes IMO.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 30, 2010, 09:59:12 AM

The perfect job for O'Driscoll would be Leicester. If he's going to get a crack at the Prem he needs to promote a club into it.

We need someone reliable and proven but still with ambition. Mark Hughes IMO.
Good shout Tony, if noisy can get leicester promoted, and even better keep them up, he would be ready to manage us. If proven i'd love him as the next after the next manager, loved him as a player.

bigalffc

We need a big name to show ambition and attract/keep good players. Hughes for me
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum