watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone got a second team?

Started by Barrett487, October 17, 2014, 10:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

My 2nd team is a little known team from Baveria. They played in the Olympic Stadium in Munich when I lived nearby as a kid. I guess they've won a few things here and there... That was the first team i supported. However, I've gotten so sick of all the plastic fans who have jumped on the bandwagon these past few years. If there is a choice between Bayern and Fulham game to watch, I will (maybe being a masochist) watch Fulham. Bayern has even dropped down to joint 2nd team with St Pauli, who I don't like because of the flash players or the gancy football they play but  for what the club stands for and for being a bit quirky.

Twig

Berwick Rangers.  First came onto my radar when they beat Rangers 1-0 in the cup in '67.  Also rather like that they are in England and play in Scotland.

Grumpy Old Fart

Quote from: grandad on October 20, 2014, 12:01:46 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 18, 2014, 02:25:49 PM
Exeter City. A traditional ground where you can still stand and can get a pasty and cider at half time.

The worst experience of my life was there. The away end is 6 steps. Took my wife there & it started tipping it down. We were getting soaked. I asked if we could transfer to the stands. No we were told. I asked if we could go out, pay for the stands to come in again. They said we were not allowed out till the match ended. Even the police were laughing at us. Added to this the parking is impossible. Had to park miles away. Never again.

Yes I stood there too back in the days of us in the 4th tier. I agree this St.James Park should carry a health warning for away supporters. Just remember though this club is skint, it only keeps going through the dedication of a small army of volunteers who now own the club by way of a Supporter's Trust. As I now live in Exeter I've adopted the club too (but only as my second club!)

(Talking of dedication, I recently watched Exeter v Hartlepool, what a long journey for the - admittedly few - Hartlepool fans.)

Neil D

Quote from: Grumpy Old Fart on October 20, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

(Talking of dedication, I recently watched Exeter v Hartlepool, what a long journey for the - admittedly few - Hartlepool fans.)
Hats off to the Hartlepool fans.  True dedication.

Flupp

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Hersham Henry

Watford when I lived there 1969-71, but not twice this season!

jarv

Scotland and a soft spot for Southampton. My best mate and oldest friend follows them so we go occasionally. (I have dragged him along to the cottage more often though).

BestOfBrede

Quote from: grandad on October 18, 2014, 01:36:22 PM
Fulham U 21´s followed by Fulham U 19´s & then Fulham U 17´s et sec
Me too, plus England Cricket team!

Flummer23

For some inexplicable reason I also follow Argentine footie and like 2 teams: Racing Club and River Plate.  Why?  Couldn't tell you.
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

YankeeJim

I like entertaining football & teams that really put out the effort. I shall be chastised I know but Arsenal and ManU fit those descriptions in my mind. That being said, there is only one true love and that is the Mighty Whites.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

graham leggat

Second team?  Fulham of course!

First team is Aberdeen, hence the name and picture. GL was our legend first.

you lucky people

my Dad was Palace, My Mum was Spurs, I always look out for those, I go to Reading FC as I live there...
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

mangoputney

Family - Fulham

Home town - Luton and they are flying again

Missus is from Cologne so watch out for them, I've adopted BM Gladbach due to the White Shirts Black Shorts ala FFC LTFC

NFL - Miami

All 5 won at the weekend so happy days
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 17, 2014, 10:06:52 PM
I've always looked out for Scunthorpe Utd..... lord knows why, but it couldn't be any local team and everyone needs a back-up to improve their Saturday....

I also follow the Green Bay Packers, but that's maybe a different subject...
I do look out for Scunny actually for the following reason......
When I was about 13 or 14 (so nearly 30 years ago!) I was with my Mums 2nd husband (she's on no.3 now) and we were trying to name all 92 league clubs. We had got 91 and had to pick Mum up from work. When we met her we explained we had 91 of the 92 teams and we were probably missing an obscure 4th division team to which she replied..."what like Scunthorpe Utd"...to which pandemonium broke out as that was the one we were missing. Bloody Scunthorpe Utd!!

And I saw Alan Cork score a 90th minute winner there in 93 or 94!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Barrett487

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 21, 2014, 11:06:02 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on October 17, 2014, 10:06:52 PM
I've always looked out for Scunthorpe Utd..... lord knows why, but it couldn't be any local team and everyone needs a back-up to improve their Saturday....

I also follow the Green Bay Packers, but that's maybe a different subject...
I do look out for Scunny actually for the following reason......
When I was about 13 or 14 (so nearly 30 years ago!) I was with my Mums 2nd husband (she's on no.3 now) and we were trying to name all 92 league clubs. We had got 91 and had to pick Mum up from work. When we met her we explained we had 91 of the 92 teams and we were probably missing an obscure 4th division team to which she replied..."what like Scunthorpe Utd"...to which pandemonium broke out as that was the one we were missing. Bloody Scunthorpe Utd!!

And I saw Alan Cork score a 90th minute winner there in 93 or 94!

I think my allegiance dates back to the days of Richard Money, but not certain.

K33NY

I thought before I actually became fan of Fulham I thought I was a ManU fan, but it was never the club I was fond of it was Solskjær I was a fan of :) I guess I was around 8 those days :P then I saw Fulham on TV at my fathers house in 98/99 season, and it was simply Fulham since then, never been any other club not even local clubs around where I have been living, Fulham is the only club for me :)

btings

Berserker

Quote from: btings on October 22, 2014, 04:37:40 AM
Fleetwood Town.
Ah my nan lived near Fleetwood from 5 to 16 over the turn of the 19th century. Went from Worcester to her Auntie's in Presall when her Mum died to help in their B&B. Her Dad and Brothers went down to Nottinghill as they were Potters, and thus my London connection began.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

crazycottager

Quote from: love4ffc on October 19, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
Quote from: crazycottager on October 18, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
i look for tottenham, losses i mean. But my  other team is in Ice Hockey' hometown Calgary Flames
Grew up in Montana.  Not a real hockey fan but have gone to see the Flames play many moons ago.  Both before and during the Gretzky era.

well both us and the oiler's are doing awful, edmonton's had the top 3 pick in the draft for the 5th year in a row, and calgary got the 4th  and 6th picks and are rebuilding. the lost a horrible game last night, threw it away at the death to let them tie, and got scored on in overtime, so it ain't going to well

crazycottager

Quote from: K33NY on October 22, 2014, 12:31:26 AM
I thought before I actually became fan of Fulham I thought I was a ManU fan, but it was never the club I was fond of it was Solskjær I was a fan of :) I guess I was around 8 those days :P then I saw Fulham on TV at my fathers house in 98/99 season, and it was simply Fulham since then, never been any other club not even local clubs around where I have been living, Fulham is the only club for me :)

used to be a man u fan when i was little, was so confused why my brother  became so passionate fr tottenham when he saw them, then went to fulham and i was head over heels