News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll: if you could appoint the next manger, it would be?

Started by ImperialWhite, June 30, 2010, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could appoint the next manger, it would be?

Mark Hughes
46 (70.8%)
Sven-Göran Eriksson
4 (6.2%)
Alan Curbishley
1 (1.5%)
Sean O'Driscoll ("Noisy")
3 (4.6%)
Marcello Lippi
6 (9.2%)
Other
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

ImperialWhite

For FatFreddysCat...

(for future reference, there's a "post new poll" button, next to the "new topic" button.)

I vote Mark Hughes, as it happens, but what odds on someone we've never heard of again?

Tktd

I'd vote for Hughes out of those options but I'm also noticing Lippi is out of a job now and has the credentials so could it be worth going for him? Plus there will be quite a few other international managers who will lose their jobs or be looking to move on after this world cup - Sven Goran Eriksson is a prime example. Don't rate Curbishly and have no Idea who O'driscoll is - who is he?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Tktd on June 30, 2010, 12:45:13 AM

I'd vote for Hughes out of those options but I'm also noticing Lippi is out of a job now and has the credentials so could it be worth going for him? Plus there will be quite a few other international managers who will lose their jobs or be looking to move on after this world cup - Sven Goran Eriksson is a prime example. Don't rate Curbishly and have no Idea who O'driscoll is - who is he? 

I didn't know him either - but he is an old Fulham player, who has started out in management. Fairly successful in his first two posts, Bournemouth and Doncaster. Linked with Leicester (now managerless).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Driscoll

I'll see if it is possible to add options to the poll (not particularly democratic, but who knows!).

ImperialWhite

Right - you can edit the poll after posting it.

In other words, don't vote "other", it's pointless, post an alternative and I'll add it to the poll.

Mr Fulham

Please delete "Lippi".....this is soooooooooo ....  :007:

richardhkirkando

Slaven Bilic?  I *think* his contract with Croatia is up now, and he seems to be friends with Al Fayed.

beijing ben

Well out of those obviously Lippi but i can't believe he would even consider it. Bilic would be interesting but again i'm not sure he would want it. Hughes has to be the most realistic

Tom

Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve McClaren, but he just moved to Wolfsburg, I kinda wanna see someone come out of nowhere who's a good coach but not as highly rated
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Kiwi Fulham Fan

realistically Mark Hughes but what about Ricky Herbert (All Whites coach)

Chopper

I'd be happy with Mark Hughes, he's done well at every club he's managed and was unfortunate to get the boot from City. I wonder if he'll see us as the sort of club he wants to go for though.

Just to be contrary I've voted for Noisy. Liked him as a player (anyone remember him scoring directly from a corner against Newport) and followed his progress as a manager ever since. He plays good football and I think he is capable of making the step up. Would be a gamble though.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

beijing ben

Quote from: Chopper on June 30, 2010, 10:04:27 AM
I'd be happy with Mark Hughes, he's done well at every club he's managed and was unfortunate to get the boot from City. I wonder if he'll see us as the sort of club he wants to go for though.

Just to be contrary I've voted for Noisy. Liked him as a player (anyone remember him scoring directly from a corner against Newport) and followed his progress as a manager ever since. He plays good football and I think he is capable of making the step up. Would be a gamble though.

Hopefully we can get Hughes. O'Driscoll could do a Pulis but it would be better to go with someone who has experience in the premiership

JBH

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 30, 2010, 05:49:36 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Steve McClaren, but he just moved to Wolfsburg, I kinda wanna see someone come out of nowhere who's a good coach but not as highly rated

Are you on drugs???

AmericanJames

Quote from: JBH on June 30, 2010, 05:26:14 PM

Are you on drugs???

Nope, besides his spell with England who have proven even tho they have talent the can not be inspired, he did well in the Dutch league with Twente winning the league last year, took Boro to the FA  cup semi's won the league cup,and has done well in the UEFA Cup/Europa Cup when he has been there, I would think someone of his track record would be a welcome replacement for Woy
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

vagrant

Quote from: Chopper on June 30, 2010, 10:04:27 AM

Snap.  O'Driscoll for me every time.

SuffolkWhite

I do remember that goal Vagrant there were some strange goals in that part of Fulham's history. Remember Ivor's  goal against Chesterfield from almost the corner flag?

And not such a strange goal but a rare one, O'Sullivan's goal against Brentford away, we went mad in the away end.

Happy days
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: JBH on June 30, 2010, 05:26:14 PM

Are you on drugs???
Must admit the wally with the Brolly has done wonders in Holland with a very Fulham like club. I'd defo take wally over Sven any day. But my vote goes to Sparky. And cheers Imperial White for doing the poll for me.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 30, 2010, 08:33:49 PM
I do remember that goal Vagrant there were some strange goals in that part of Fulham's history. Remember Ivor's  goal against Chesterfield from almost the corner flag?

And not such a strange goal but a rare one, O'Sullivan's goal against Brentford away, we went mad in the away end.

Happy days
O'sullivan from Brighton if i remember rightly? Not very popular amonst the fans, but i rated him. But that tache, and from Brighton? Had to be a woofter no?