watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: When 'Arry met Taraabt - Merged

Started by Jem, October 19, 2014, 09:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

seeing Redknapp's rant about Taarabt just cracked me up.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/9524699/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-blasts-overweight-adel-taarabt

Redknapp blasts Taarabt efforts
Last Updated: October 19 2014, 19:02 BST
Harry Redknapp has launched an extraordinary rant against his QPR star Adel Taarabt, claiming he cannot "protect people who are about three stone overweight".

Manager Specials. Click here to bet.

Related ContentPlay Super 6!Play Sky Sports Fantasy Football!The latest football newsWatch top live sports events with Sky TicketsFollow us on Twitter£5 free bet every week with the Sky Bet ClubSky Bet: Bet £5, Get £20
A furious Redknapp snapped when quizzed on Morocco forward Taarabt's injury status after QPR's gut-wrenching 3-2 home defeat to Liverpool.

The Rangers boss paused in his post-match press conference to thump an advertising board that had been squeaking against his chair, exclaiming "that f***ing thing", before laying into Taarabt.

Redknapp challenged Taarabt to prove he has the work ethic to deserve his "60 to 70 grand a week" wages.

"No, he's not fit: he's not fit to play football, unfortunately," said Redknapp of the 25-year-old, who has only featured three times this season due to persistent ankle problems.

"He played in a reserve team game the other day, and I could have run about more than he did.

"So no, I can't pick him.

"I pick people that want to try, and deserve to be at a good football club like QPR, and want to work, and come in every day and want to work, and train, and show a good attitude.

"And that's what I got today from the players.

"When he starts doing that, whether he ever can do it, maybe he'll get a game.

"The other lads, I've got a fantastic group of lads here, absolutely superb, all of them.

"I can't keep protecting people who don't want to run about and train, who are about three stone overweight.

"What am I supposed to keep saying, keep getting your 60, 70 grand a week but don't train?

"What's the game coming to?

"The others are as good as gold.''

Richard Dunne and Steven Caulker's own goals floored QPR despite a hugely impressive showing against Brendan Rodgers' patchy Liverpool side.

Philippe Coutinho was the only Liverpool player on target in spite of the fortunate victory.

Leroy Fer hit the bar twice in the first half with Bobby Zamora bewitching the Liverpool defence at every turn.

Dunne's own goal opened the floodgates though, with Eduardo Vargas twice equalising, only for QPR to end up empty-handed and rooted to the Premier League's foot.

Redknapp shrugged off speculation linking the likes of Tim Sherwood with taking the Loftus Road helm, claiming he has turned the club's fortunes around after a disorganised summer.

"I think you have to understand that two weeks before the season started I had 12 players,'' he said.

"Now I'm not making excuses, I had 12 players at this football club, outfield players.

"I went on tour to Ireland and I took 12 players with me.

"There wasn't another one injured, or hiding behind the training ground, that was what I had, 12, left over from last year's Championship.

"And it was a last-minute job when we had to bring players in.

"I couldn't give a monkey's about speculation. There's no one could do any better here at the moment than me, I don't think.

"I hear other names mentioned, but they couldn't do any better than what I can do, that's for sure.''

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Fulham Tup North

Some very choice comments on there.
Maybe he found him fiddling with 'Rosie'?
Glad to see 'arry cheerful as ever :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HatterDon

Come on, 'arry the Thug. Tell us what you really think.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SP

Jem, you'll get another laugh pretty soon as I believe Tony 'Fight It' Fernandes is due to release QPR's latest accounts.  Never has so much money been wated on such a shower of sh*te.

£60 odd million loss last year, goodness knows how much this time.

Jem

Quote from: SP on October 19, 2014, 10:08:41 PM
Jem, you'll get another laugh pretty soon as I believe Tony 'Fight It' Fernandes is due to release QPR's latest accounts.  Never has so much money been wated on such a shower of sh*te.

£60 odd million loss last year, goodness knows how much this time.

I look forward to it!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

RidgeRider

Got to admit, Taraabt is the biggest waste of space the prem has seen in the past 5 years. Blessed with loads of talent, but has the initiative of a Koala bear. The definition of wasted talent.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 19, 2014, 10:14:28 PM
Got to admit, Taraabt is the biggest waste of space the prem has seen in the past 5 years. Blessed with loads of talent, but has the initiative of a Koala bear. The definition of wasted talent.

In American terms, million dollar talent with a 50 cent brain.

Berserker

Is he the one that kept missing training to go to the bookies when with us. Maybe he has an addiction that needs treating. Some players are talented but blow it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FPT

Just to add to this story: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-league-ffp

The Football League has confirmed QPR could be consigned to the Conference in the event of relegation from the top flight if they refuse to pay a huge fine incurred under its financial fair play rules.

QPR are expected to face a fine of up to £40m when they reveal their financial results later this year, covering the season they spent in the Championship following relegation from the Premier League.

The club posted record pre-tax losses of £65.4m for the year ending May 2013, when they were relegated from the Premier League. The losses for the last financial year, expected to be made public in December, are also expected to be sizeable.

The QPR chairman Tony Fernandes has vowed to fight any fine imposed by the Football League, which would have to go to charity rather than the other clubs under an agreement with the Premier League over its solidarity payments.

The Football League chief executive, Shaun Harvey, said he was "satisfied" that it would be able to charge QPR for a breach of the rules while they were still part of the competition and that the ultimate sanction would be to refuse re-admission.

"Theoretically, that is the position but I would hope there would be resolution long before that option even had to be considered. The one thing for certain is that most clubs [in the Premier League] will become a Football League club again," said Harvey, speaking at the Soccerex conference in Manchester.

"Now QPR will of course be hoping it does not happen for some considerable number of seasons but the chances they will need to return to the Football League fold at some point. Certainly, three of the 20 clubs that are in the Premier League will be in the Football League next season."

Clubs that remain within the Football League that breach the rules, introduced in 2012, face a transfer embargo but those that win promotion are fined instead.

"Will we fight the fine? What do you think? After all we've been through, it's my middle name – 'Fight It' Fernandes," said the QPR chairman after the club won promotion.

"My view has been consistent, that it is very unfair for a club that has been relegated as the wage difference between the Premier League and Championship is impossible. There should be a time period for clubs to rectify their salaries.

"If we were in the Championship in two years with that wage bill it wouldn't be right. I'm in favour of FFP but it is unfair for a club coming down."

The Premier League chief executive, Richard Scudamore, is also on record as saying the rules needed to be amended. Harvey said there was little chance of them being altered before the FFP declarations had to be made on 1 December.

Harvey said: "Unless the 24 clubs vote to change the rules, the rules as they are now will stay in place. I don't suspect there is any form of rule change that would be considered or brought forward that would see the current circumstances we potentially face changing."

He added that discussions with the Premier League were continuing over trying to standardise their financial fair play rules.

"There's a long-standing discussion that's taken place between the Football League and the Premier League as to how to try to ensure that we have regulations that actually work for clubs regardless of which division they're in," he said.

"We do talk to them periodically about any number of issues and this features – being topical – relatively high on that agenda."

bucksfulham

Just seen Harry on BBC saying he won't pick players like Tarrabt who are three stone overweight, won't train, won't run and just want to take their 60 grand a week.

sumofallparts

Oh the thought of earning £60k a week AND being Wayne Slob :)

The Bronsons

Harry maybe needs to explain to the owner why he is allowing a player to break his contract and still get paid his full salary. Not that I care that much. It's just fun watching QPR implode yet again.

Cravenawin

Quote from: The Bronsons on October 20, 2014, 11:08:54 AM
Harry maybe needs to explain to the owner why he is allowing a player to break his contract and still get paid his full salary. Not that I care that much. It's just fun watching QPR implode yet again.

Maybe 'Arry is taking a backhander

HatterDon

Slaphead in Qatar

dont laugh too much, we once signed and played him.

Jack Fulham

A nice story for the media to ignore QPR's poor form!

Riverside

Seem to remember that Taarabt ran more than Berba .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HatterDon

Quote from: Riverside on October 20, 2014, 03:03:03 PM
Seem to remember that Taarabt ran more than Berba .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran more than Berba and I have two artificial knees.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: The Bronsons on October 20, 2014, 11:08:54 AM
Also needs to expain how he allowed a player, and an asset they are trying to sell for top dollar, to get 3 stone overweight, when he was with us he looked slim and definitely was fit at the end with AC Milan so its all down to Harrys training regime

Twig

Credit to Harry for his honesty.  Most managers wouldn't front the Tarrabt fitness issue up so openly.