watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mystery player at Heathrow this morning

Started by jms, October 21, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Returned from Boston this morning and saw a unrecognisable FFC player  in the baggage hall of Terminal 3. He was quite tall; dark long hair, not that young, was wearing the full Fulham training kit with CK initials on his tracksuit bottoms. He was waiting near the luggage carousels, but didn't appear to be looking for any luggage, and was talking to an airport official. He was obviously a player, not a fan.
Have looked up the full senior squad and the nearest i can find to him is Stafy.....unless he had borrowed someone else's track bottoms !
Any suggestions ?

westcliff white

i have my initials on my track warm up top that i got, so could be a fan, have to say though i do not wear mine to travel in
Every day is a Fulham day

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

bobbo

Must be him not very good though I hear he's the pants
1975 just leaving home full of hope

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: bobbo on October 21, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
Must be him not very good though I hear he's the pants

He should be good, it's in his genes.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Lighthouse

Gabor Kiraly often travels in a wig and has complained that his initials on his tracksuit look like a C and not G.

So I think we all know who it was.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2014, 01:31:42 PM
Gabor Kiraly often travels in a wig and has complained that his initials on his tracksuit look like a C and not G.

Who?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

jms

Is this true Lighthouse ? His face didn't fit the photo on the FFC website, but will look again with a different perspective ! He was certainly a player, not a fan dressed in a few bits of kit.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: jms on October 21, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

Is this true Lighthouse ? His face didn't fit the photo on the FFC website, but will look again with a different perspective ! He was certainly a player, not a fan dressed in a few bits of kit.

If he actually travels in a wig, it would be amazing!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

westcliff white

Quote from: jms on October 21, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

1 - I think lighthouse was joking

2 - me I only have a track top for games, my son has a home kit, however I have a friend who has every piece of training apparel and travel suit you can buy (I wont mention the kits). So it could be some freaky fan, unlikely but possible
Every day is a Fulham day

twang

The fact that Lighthouse's comment gets taken seriously is pure comedy gold, cracking me up.

bill taylors apprentice

There are hundreds of people working within the club, Acadamy, U21's, Foundation etc etc who are fully kitted out in the gear.
Possibly someone who works in the community for the club.

Horsfield_No9

Players don't have initials on their kit, only coaches and non playing staff as far as I know. I might be wrong.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

SP

Not sure it helps any but I bumped in to James Bolam & Christopher Timothy at Victoria today.

094.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: SP on October 21, 2014, 05:46:09 PM
Not sure it helps any but I bumped in to James Bolam & Christopher Timothy at Victoria today.

094.gif

Not sure if this is interesting, but I haven't bumped into anyone famous for a long time
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

LBNo11

...I actually do know who this is, he is not a player, but he works for the club. He will be thrilled you thought he was a player...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

jj____

Not sure, but I hope you enjoyed some pizza at Regina and hope you didn't get stabbed walking through the common while you were there!

General

The irony of this is that I was on the same flight as Emerson Hyndman last week on a flight back into Heathrow and he wasn't wearing any of his Fulham gear. He did get picked up by an older guy in Sports gear from the airport though.

I would be suprised if the guy was a fulham player on his own and wearing Fulham kit. it doesn't seem like it's the done thing as those who play for us probably wouldn't want the added attention and based on hyndman I would say it's not a practice the club enforce.

The only other thing I can think of is a youth team member, but if you say he's not that young, or he was on his own I would hesitate to jump to a conclusion he plays for us.