watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fighting Spirit Shown By The Lads Tonight....merged

Started by Sniffer, October 21, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

I am or knocking the team, but style to me is important. Going long is ok as long as it is not all game. As gary Neville said last night its a great second or third option, don't be embarrassed by it use it if you have too. But first and foremost lets play football, we didn't play route one against Boltin and look how we ripped them, yes they were at the bottom but it shows we can play.

As a side point our 10 points from the last 5 games outs us fourth or fifth in the form table over than period
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: westcliff white on October 21, 2014, 10:32:15 PM
I am or knocking the team, but style to me is important. Going long is ok as long as it is not all game. As gary Neville said last night its a great second or third option, don't be embarrassed by it use it if you have too. But first and foremost lets play football, we didn't play route one against Boltin and look how we ripped them, yes they were at the bottom but it shows we can play.

As a side point our 10 points from the last 5 games outs us fourth or fifth in the form table over than period

I agree but against the sort of sides we are meeting we just can't play our way through all of them. It is good to mix and match. But it would nice to see some slicker passing in the final third. But we can'r complain about the turnaround.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

I agree but against the sort of sides we are meeting we just can't play our way through all of them. It is good to mix and match. But it would nice to see some slicker passing in the final third. But we can'r complain about the turnaround.
'
Mr L I agree with you and hope posters who know me on here know I am not knocking the lads, you need options and it's handy to have that in the bag when needed.

If we want to be a permanent long ball team for 20/30 games or even longer then we might as well get that twonk Pulis in as he does that well.

Overall we have improved let's hope we play football against those teams we can do it against like charlton on Friday
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Not convinced.

Sorry!

alfie

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 21, 2014, 10:46:54 PM
Not convinced.

Sorry!

What are you not convinced about, seems a little odd thing to say, when you consider our away form over the 4 seasons has been atrocious, a 3 all draw on a wet windy night in Yorkshire is a dam fine result.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Artful Dodger

Did you go Northern Cottager? I have just got back and we were unconvincing but the spirit was there. I thought our shape wasn't great but we were such a young side - the midfield was Staf, LVC, Hyndman and Williams which must be an average age of about 15 and they were up against a physical side so it will have been a great experience for them! I think Kit mixed it up a bit with the game on Friday this week.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Rock

Good thread. We have what it takes to stay up at least. You can tell these players believe. If only the season started at game 8 or 9.

I was thinking today the Championship is a death wish. 1/2 the teams in the premier league wouldn't make it back at first asking if relegated.

At least we have a good gaffer, for this week.

RidgeRider

It's intellectually lazy and easier to criticize rather than to praise the boys for not giving up. Thing with being critical all the time is the worst thing that can happen is you end up saying with a smile "guess I was wrong".

J.Perkins

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I thought GJ was going to have a coronary when Burn scored.
I had it on at work, most people had gone home.
When he shouted "YES" the decibels seemed to increase 10 fold,
of course I'm then up out of my chair shouting "Get in there"
and the couple of people left who know my devotion to the club
just sort of glanced and smiled.
Wonderful.  
GJ didn't seem to impressed with our performance but Hey, that's 10 points in what 5 games ?

If we can keep this up, by Xmas we should be standing on Dover cliffs
(mid table) and looking across the channel to Calais (play off places)

As my old Scottish mate used to say  "Rinky Dinky Dye"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MGBadrock

Quote from: maoconnor on October 21, 2014, 09:47:45 PM
Absolutely. So sick of watching some posters on this board be so down right negative in the face of that draw. I thought we'd have an easy game, we didn't. We scored 3 times from a goal down to tie the match including the 90th minute. A hard fought contest after we had played a home match 2 days ago and had to travel North for this one. We started a team of youngsters, and we showed grit and fight to get the draw...however, people still complain. I'd rather us have that game tonight and take a point on our travels rather than play brilliantly and lose. The beautiful, silky play will come...what we need now is points.

These lads fight for Kit, and so far he is picking up the points for us. Now back home to face Charlton!

Spot on there

Fulhams last 6 games: 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss

6 before Kit: 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses

Woolly Mammoth

Absolutely. So sick of watching some posters on this board be so down right negative in the face of that draw. I thought we'd have an easy game, we didn't. We scored 3 times from a goal down to tie the match including the 90th minute. A hard fought contest after we had played a home match 2 days ago and had to travel North for this one. We started a team of youngsters, and we showed grit and fight to get the draw...however, people still complain. I'd rather us have that game tonight and take a point on our travels rather than play brilliantly and lose. The beautiful, silky play will come...what we need now is points.

These lads fight for Kit, and so far he is picking up the points for us. Now back home to face Charlton!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MGBadrock on October 22, 2014, 12:08:27 AM

Spot on there

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MGBadrock on October 22, 2014, 12:08:27 AM

Spot on there

Well said sir, the boys did very well tonight, never have up.
THATS THE SPIRIT !!!!

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on October 21, 2014, 10:57:21 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 21, 2014, 10:46:54 PM
Not convinced.

Sorry!

What are you not convinced about, seems a little odd thing to say, when you consider our away form over the 4 seasons has been atrocious, a 3 all draw on a wet windy night in Yorkshire is a dam fine result.

Agree...We would have collapsed before in games like this, to come back
3 times shows they are up for the fight.

MasterHaynes

It's no coincidence we came back so strongly after each goal conceded showing belief and the fact we had 6 players from the academy. Anyone who has watched the U21 & U18 over the last 3 years have witnessed the complete belief they have in themselves to win every game and outscore the oppomnents. Mix them up with the seniors and we have a team that can potentially make the play offs

Holders

In all my years of supporting Fulham I cannot remember another game where we came back three times like that. Can anyone imagine us doing that last season? Not a chance.

Under Kit we have been able to do something that we have not done since Roy/Hughes - play to the end and with conviction.

It was a much-changed team, exposed at times but evidently played with huge conviction and to get a draw like that is a great point.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 22, 2014, 06:47:33 AM
It's no coincidence we came back so strongly after each goal conceded showing belief and the fact we had 6 players from the academy. Anyone who has watched the U21 & U18 over the last 3 years have witnessed the complete belief they have in themselves to win every game and outscore the oppomnents. Mix them up with the seniors and we have a team that can potentially make the play offs
And that's exactly what the game plan should have been from the summer and into this season, but of course we know the reason why it was not done the right way.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: westcliff white on October 21, 2014, 10:44:35 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

'
Mr L I agree with you and hope posters who know me on here know I am not knocking the lads, you need options and it's handy to have that in the bag when needed.

If we want to be a permanent long ball team for 20/30 games or even longer then we might as well get that twonk Pulis in as he does that well.

Overall we have improved let's hope we play football against those teams we can do it against like charlton on Friday

Imo, the long ball is used when we are behind.
It all depends who scores first in this league.

If they score they shut up shop.
If we score they have to come out and we can play a passing game through or around them.

That's just the way it is. Its great we have both options.

An excellent, hard fought result.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !