watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What just happened....

Started by FulhamBoston, October 21, 2014, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamBoston

GJ's stream cut off from the website during the own goal.  Was absolutely beside myself and then saw Dan Burn came through with a big 90" minute header via ESPN.

How in the hell?  Don't even know how to feel.  Weird game, we've got to do better, but a tie is better than a loss.  FULHAM, YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Lighthouse

Lots of shots and although not played great in the last two matches have picked up four points. Considering what life was like before Kit took over. I think it is easy to know how to feel.

By the way the Offal is a disgrace at keep cutting off. I watched the BBC text come through.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

We may be playing horribly, but right now the name of the game is to pick up all the points we can and climb the table. There will be a time for silky, free flowing footie - For me, now is not that time. I'd rather play horribly at the moment and keep grinding out results. Come end of the season when we are in a stable position, then let's see some fancy flicks and volleys.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

epsomraver

have had problems in the past with Jim breaking up but no problems all the way tonight, I use Google chrome if that makes any difference

PaulJ123

I think its ok to put up with these sort of performances for the time being. For me its not so much the performances but the style of play, there is a lot of hoof ball which doesnt suit us at all. Hopefully Kit's just done this to get us through those tricky 2 games, we've got a decent run of games now where we can pick up some points.

Charlton on Friday I'd hope we get the ball down and play a bit. If not, maybe hes not the man to take us forward.

Ordar

Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 21, 2014, 09:56:47 PM
I think its ok to put up with these sort of performances for the time being. For me its not so much the performances but the style of play, there is a lot of hoof ball which doesnt suit us at all. Hopefully Kit's just done this to get us through those tricky 2 games, we've got a decent run of games now where we can pick up some points.

Charlton on Friday I'd hope we get the ball down and play a bit. If not, maybe hes not the man to take us forward.

I couldnt agree more. We've definitely been far more direct with the long balls under Kit. I personally dont like it, and dont think it works. If you're going to play that way, you have to play Smith. We havent actually played well at all in the last 4 games

Brum we could have been 3 or 4 down at half time, and were lucky they collapsed after the equalizer.
Boro we were extremely poor
Norwich extremely lucky to win. Were decimated second half
Rotherham totally outplayed, and only performed basically for 5 minute spells after they scored.

The defence is a massive worry and it feels like we need to play 2 or 3 defensive midfielders to even look semi comfortable against teams. I also cannot stand the way we just allow wide players to have 5 yards to space to cross a ball.

Yes we've picked up points and not played well, but we should be better than this. Yes I appreciate the effort the boys put in, but it feels like we're being outplayed in every game.

Good point tonight given the circumstances, but really its 2 points dropped. I'm personally not convinced by Kit tactically, and do not buy the whole "weak squad" argument. We have far more quality than the majority of the Championship

This post is more ranty (furstrated) than I first imagined it would be

BedsFFC

I'm in two minds. The first thing I will say and I'm not sure it is relevant but under Felix, we would have lost this about 3 or 4 nil.

Tonight must have been our youngest starting line up since.....I really can't imagine. In truth, it's what we had to do. Hugo, Ruiz & Parker would have been too done in for this.

It's not a weak squad, it's just a very young and inexperienced one. There is no getting away with that.

Am I excited for the future? You bet.

However, I'm concerned that we are seeing the Felix bounce. I so want Kit to make it but there is nobody in our team that suits the long ball, bar maybe Smith (I don't know much about him but he's big and strong)

I am just concerned where this long stuff is going. I'm confused.

Lets face it, Kit has one remit right now....to get the job. He's not building for the future, he's looking for results. So, maybe he sees this tactic as the way to get results.

You can't argue with the results, can you?

I don't know..I want it to work out for him as he is a Fulham man. I cheered him from the stands when I was a young man.

It's just that I can't have long ball being the answer for us.

I'd be really keen to hear the views of people that went tonight..

Quote from: Ordar on October 21, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 21, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

I couldnt agree more. We've definitely been far more direct with the long balls under Kit. I personally dont like it, and dont think it works. If you're going to play that way, you have to play Smith. We havent actually played well at all in the last 4 games

Brum we could have been 3 or 4 down at half time, and were lucky they collapsed after the equalizer.
Boro we were extremely poor
Norwich extremely lucky to win. Were decimated second half
Rotherham totally outplayed, and only performed basically for 5 minute spells after they scored.

The defence is a massive worry and it feels like we need to play 2 or 3 defensive midfielders to even look semi comfortable against teams. I also cannot stand the way we just allow wide players to have 5 yards to space to cross a ball.

Yes we've picked up points and not played well, but we should be better than this. Yes I appreciate the effort the boys put in, but it feels like we're being outplayed in every game.

Good point tonight given the circumstances, but really its 2 points dropped. I'm personally not convinced by Kit tactically, and do not buy the whole "weak squad" argument. We have far more quality than the majority of the Championship

This post is more ranty (furstrated) than I first imagined it would be

Baszab

I think GJ must be the worst radio commentator I have ever heard - he doesn't actually describe what's going on - there is no description of where the players are - no scene setting - there are long gaps of nothingness - just saying

I still listened for 93 minutes though !

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on October 21, 2014, 09:53:18 PM
have had problems in the past with Jim breaking up but no problems all the way tonight, I use Google chrome if that makes any difference

Yeah, I didn't miss a second of GJ today. I didn't realize there was a problem.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel