watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC Report on Rotherham v Fulham

Started by Lighthouse, October 21, 2014, 10:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham scored a last-minute equaliser as they came from behind three times to earn a thrilling draw against Rotherham at the New York Stadium.
Rotherham led when Paul Taylor's effort deflected in off Alex Revell, but Ross McCormack levelled from the spot.
Jonson Clarke-Harris restored the Millers' lead, a strike cancelled out by Cauley Woodrow's long-range drive.
Nikolay Bodurov's own goal looked set to give Rotherham the win, until Dan Burn pounced with a late header.
The dramatic climax was an apt end to a game full of fine attacking play, a reflection of the improved form both sides have produced in recent weeks.
Rotherham, buoyed by an unbeaten run of three games, started brightly and were ahead just before the half-hour mark when Taylor's effort struck Revell on its way past Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli, leaving the keeper complaining about a possible offside.
But Fulham have been a different side since caretaker manager Kit Symons replaced Felix Magath, winning three of their previous four games, and they hit back from the penalty spot after George Williams was brought down by Lee Frecklington.
Ten minutes after half-time Rotherham restored their lead when Clarke-Harris acrobatically beat Bettinelli from close range.
That advantage did not last long, however, as England Under-21 striker Woodrow scored with a left-footed effort from outside the box.
Rotherham appeared set to take all three points when Ben Pringle's effort deflected off Bodurov and squirmed past Bettinelli, but Fulham skipper Burn converted in the dying stages to earn a point for Fulham, who remain in the relegation zone on goal difference.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Also shows we had 15 shots, 9 on target...

Baszab

I could have written that "report" from watching SSN sitting in Australia

RaySmith

An outstanding performance really -the manner of it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Burt on October 21, 2014, 10:33:28 PM

Yes they also had plenty of shots but we had over twice as many on target. I know it doesn't mean much but the stats are encouraging to say the least.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Burt on October 21, 2014, 10:33:28 PM

Thats good stats away from home.

Berserker

I'm proud of the boys and Kit
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Rock

On a Tuesday night in New York, sorry, New York stadium in Yorkshire. We would have lost 3-0 under FM I bet.

shnlwswlkr

The fact we're actually playing games and giving the opposition a contest away from home is great, for so long we've been woeful away from home!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Artful Dodger

Just got back and have to say it wasn't a great performance but the spirit was there and the away fans sang all night.

We looked very lightweight and didn't really close them down properly in midfield and we looked like conceding a goal every time they launched another set piece in to our box but in the end we could have won it, could have lost it, but it ended a draw. How their fella missed a header from 3 yards out (at 2-2 I think) was amazing but we managed to nick a point and that's how it felt to be honest!

I imagine Parker will be back for the Charlton game as Hyndman didn't do much today.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Snibbo

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 21, 2014, 10:56:07 PM
Just got back and have to say it wasn't a great performance but the spirit was there and the away fans sang all night.

We looked very lightweight and didn't really close them down properly in midfield and we looked like conceding a goal every time they launched another set piece in to our box but in the end we could have won it, could have lost it, but it ended a draw. How their fella missed a header from 3 yards out (at 2-2 I think) was amazing but we managed to nick a point and that's how it felt to be honest!

I imagine Parker will be back for the Charlton game as Hyndman didn't do much today.
But we put out mostly a second string midfield.

gang

A draw was probably the right result, roll on Friday.

fulhamben

Quote from: Snibbo on October 21, 2014, 11:32:49 PM

no we didnt, we just didnt play a full on defensive midfield. cant believe anyone would say staff or kavenagh was a better left mid than george. and lvc and hyndman have lots of admirers. eisfield was strange, but apparantly he did well in the 21s
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MasterHaynes

I wouldn't call it a second string but its effectively our Academy midfield, yes they might get out muscled, to be expected in this league, but they clearly competed and more than matched them offensively.  To get a 3-3 result away to  a team that has beaten Blackburn and Leeds at home and drew with Norwich away in their last 3 games is a real feather in the cap of the academy. COYW

Apprentice to the Maestro

Maybe `inexperienced' would be a more accurate description.