watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Pat Roberts

Started by Peppo, October 21, 2014, 10:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppo

Interesting to see that Pat Roberts is still stuck on the bench and not getting a run out. I wonder why?

epsomraver

have you seen the size of the Rotherham defenders? he will be fine for Friday

Baszab

Because KS knows the juniors really well and has spent a lot of his time developing and looking after them himself - he will know who and when to bring them in - he has been pretty successful so far - perhaps with the exception of Dembele who just doesn't look ready yet

fulhamben

i found it a little weired tonight. granted i was only listening to jim, but kit swapped one of our goal scorers for dembele and moved the other over to the wing to accomidate smith. surely we would have been better off swaping eisfield for pat.  and i dont get the constant moving around of mccormack. i personally dont believe he is better on the wing than either george or pat, and ive not seen too much from him from behind the strikers. i feel like we are just moving him around to keep him on the pitch cos he cost so much. if he is not doing it up front, just replace him like for like. dont just fit him somewhere where we have as good if not better options
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on October 21, 2014, 10:46:51 PM
nifty small players love taking on big oafs. look what frei did to laurent

leonffc

It's called 'managing players'.
The lad is 17 and is being eased in to professional football. I doubt he is fully developed as an athlete yet and I doubt Kit (or anyone) want to see him over used or kicked all over the shop.

I'm more concerned at the disappearance of Chris David.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 01:51:16 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 21, 2014, 10:46:51 PM
nifty small players love taking on big oafs. look what frei did to laurent

Laurent is a wimp  when compared to the big oafs in Rotherham  :) ...........Pat's  being saved for Friday night

Pie and mash

Saving Roberts for Friday so he can turn it on in front of the cameras..... Thus upping his fee when he leaves in January  :54:

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on October 22, 2014, 06:39:50 AM
It's called 'managing players'.
The lad is 17 and is being eased in to professional football. I doubt he is fully developed as an athlete yet and I doubt Kit (or anyone) want to see him over used or kicked all over the shop.

I'm more concerned at the disappearance of Chris David.
eased in? the only time he plays football is when he joins up with england.

MJG

he was about to come on with Dembele when Woodrow scored and then they changed their mind.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 01:50:03 AM
i found it a little weired tonight. granted i was only listening to jim, but kit swapped one of our goal scorers for dembele and moved the other over to the wing to accomidate smith. surely we would have been better off swaping eisfield for pat.  and i dont get the constant moving around of mccormack. i personally dont believe he is better on the wing than either george or pat, and ive not seen too much from him from behind the strikers. i feel like we are just moving him around to keep him on the pitch cos he cost so much. if he is not doing it up front, just replace him like for like. dont just fit him somewhere where we have as good if not better options
Zverotic needed help on the right and actually putting Roberts there would have left us more exposed than we already were. made sense to put McCormack there, and he actually produced some of his best stuff in that position.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2014, 08:22:57 AM
he was about to come on with Dembele when Woodrow scored and then they changed their mind.
that says a lot. basically he will use him to rescue a game but not to try and win it

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 08:25:59 AM
Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2014, 08:22:57 AM
that says a lot. basically he will use him to rescue a game but not to try and win it
I think that's readiing far too much into that, He brought him on against Bolton and we were winning.
Roberts is still young, but the game was too tight to bring him on at 2-2 as I explained.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2014, 08:24:50 AM
Zverotic needed help on the right and actually putting Roberts there would have left us more exposed than we already were. made sense to put McCormack there, and he actually produced some of his best stuff in that position.
so would you start him as a right winger then?

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 08:30:57 AM
No, but hes an option if you want to make those type of changes and have two forwards and Ross on the pitch, especially when its a 442 and not a diamond.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2014, 08:32:32 AM
No, but hes an option if you want to make those type of changes and have two forwards and Ross on the pitch, especially when its a 442 and not a diamond.
but this is my point. the only reason you would drop ross to midfield and bring another striker on is if ross isnt having a good game up top. if eisfied wasnt having a bit of a mare, do you think he would have swapped dembele for ross? i dont

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 08:36:10 AM
but this is my point. the only reason you would drop ross to midfield and bring another striker on is if ross isnt having a good game up top. if eisfied wasnt having a bit of a mare, do you think he would have swapped dembele for ross? i dont
Ross can be having a good game up top, but if he thinks Ross can offer more than Elsfeld in that position then you make the change. Also Ross has shown he can play deeper and affect the game.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2014, 08:53:19 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 08:36:10 AM
Ross can be having a good game up top, but if he thinks Ross can offer more than Elsfeld in that position then you make the change. Also Ross has shown he can play deeper and affect the game.
but if he was having a good game up top, why would you change it?

ffc73

We were struggling up top and defensively with the physical nature of Rotherham's game and they were getting a lot of joy down our right flank. Personally I would have made the Ross switch for reasons MJG has said but brought on Smith instead of Dembele.

The latter does not look ready to me and Smith has more experience at this level and I have yet to work out why or how Dembele has leapfrogged Trotta

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on October 22, 2014, 09:42:15 AM
We were struggling up top and defensively with the physical nature of Rotherham's game and they were getting a lot of joy down our right flank. Personally I would have made the Ross switch for reasons MJG has said but brought on Smith instead of Dembele.

The latter does not look ready to me and Smith has more experience at this level and I have yet to work out why or how Dembele has leapfrogged Trotta

and heres my point. how many times has ross been moved from striker to midfield because it is not happening for him. kit should stop picking him upfront and just start him in midfield so we can find a decent strike partnership.