more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woy: Man or Beast ?

Started by BestOfBrede, June 30, 2010, 08:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Hodgson The Man:
Thanks for doing a great job keeping Fulham up, taking us to our highest ever position and taking us on a magical tour of Europe. :sir_roy:

Hodgson The Beast: :014:
I hope you do well in your new job! - Thanks Roy and Good Luck - No way!

Sod Hodgson and the Scousers I hope he does pretty poorly to be honest and that we show him what he's missed out on.
Once again little 'ol Fulham taken to the cleaners by the so called 'Big' clubs!
These clubs remain 'big' because of this mentality and letting them walk all over all and sundry. They 'snap' their fingers and the 'little' clubs give in!

Why leave it until now when a new manager could have secured a few extended contracts and bought in new players?
He's probably hoping that the disruption hits us hard so that 1/ He can steal unsettled players and 2/ Ensure that his 'beloved' Liverpool end up higher than at least 1 team!

He's allegedly already started dismantling OUR team by pledging to help Schwarz get a move?

The vultures will be gathering for our best players now that Hodgson has 'eventually' decided to dump us and the players he brought to the club.
I wouldn't be surprised even, if it weren't our old chum Hodgson himself that comes sniffing!
I can certainly see him being after Hangerland and Hughes as probably the best centre back partnership in the prem, presently!
Well 20million minimum for any of OUR players Hodgson! See if your nice new Yankee bosses will treat you as well as Mr Al Fayed!

Whoever becomes our new manager, I hope it's Sparky, needs time to get to know the players and build relationships. He also needs to get the players respect and to get them understand how he wants them to play.

It'll all end in tears Woy - If you're not top or at least within touching distance, by Christmas you'll be the scapegoat!
You will end your career on a downer rather than leaving as a hero that took a small, unfashionable club to great heights!

Oh well, Thanks for the memories, and I really mean that with all sincerity,  but now Please do one and let us get on with rebuilding! (even though you've left us very little time to do so)

oh and Scousers - I hope you are looking forward to a massive haul of away points!

Logicalman

Sorry to disagree with you old boy, but I have nothing but admiration for Roy.

Your assertions of his "dismantling OUR team" is based on what? One player looking for a move to a much bigger club? Can you blame Mark if he did want to go to Arsenal?

You ask "Why leave it until now when a new manager could have secured a few extended contracts and bought in new players? " Perhaps Roy kept it too much of a secret that 1) There's a World Cup on and he's away as part of the BBC team, and 2) Liverpool have made no firm (public) offer as of yet. I can understand your reasoning and I agree that the more time a new manager has to deal with a team pre-season, the better.

As for Roy "dumping", do you really believe that he has an obligation to remain at Fulham for the rest of his natural? Is it only because the club is a rival, rather than the England job? As I said, sorry to disagree, but I won't turn on a guy that has - in his comparatively very short time with us - brought pride back to the Riverside again, something only one or two other managers (JT being one) in the past 20 managers or so (since I have been a supporter), that have achieved that.

All in all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, 'tis a pity yours and mine are diametrically opposed on this subject.

Lighthouse

This could have been handled so much better. There is no doubt Fulham have been harmed by this endless speculation. However Roy could not have come close to matching his past success so good luck and thanks.

We will lose players over this and SOME of our team will no doubt jump ship. Fulham nearly became what we all wanted them to be. But, be it a player or a manager. we will always be shafted before we reach the very best we could have been.

So a great manager. Our greatest. But far from Perfect. Dull away and no wins away in the Prem of any note. Our next manager - Be it OH GOD NOT HIM. or I AM SO HAPPY ITS HIM, will have aj job changing an ageing team.

So in our tenth year in the Prem I feel like we are back to being happy not to go down this year. Forget about cups and success. Survival this season. That is really all we can hope for.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 30, 2010, 10:13:37 AM
So in our tenth year in the Prem I feel like we are back to being happy not to go down this year. Forget about cups and success. Survival this season. That is really all we can hope for.

To be brutally honest, whether we kick off the new season with Roy as the gaffer or A N Other in the hot-seat, survival is our primary aim. Yes, to a certain extent we expect to do better than that if Roy is at the helm, and would hope for/want/demand* a decent cup run (hell, even win one of the things). But, no guarantees. As has been stated, ad nauseum, our domestic away form under Mr H has not been one to strike terror into the hearts of our opponents, so add in a couple of poor home performances, the odd dodgy refereeing decision and a couple of key players getting injured, and even Hodgson's Fulham are in a relegation dog-fight.
Under a new man, our away form might just improve. If so, that would actually improve our chances of winning a cup, since up to now we have basically hoped to win the home games, whether the original tie or the replay.

If Roy goes, a lot will depend on whoever his successor is, but I trust you will forgive me for not getting too depressed just yet.

* = delete according to personal outlook.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Logicalman on June 30, 2010, 10:00:25 AM
Sorry to disagree with you old boy, but I have nothing but admiration for Roy.

Your assertions of his "dismantling OUR team" is based on what? One player looking for a move to a much bigger club? Can you blame Mark if he did want to go to Arsenal?

You ask "Why leave it until now when a new manager could have secured a few extended contracts and bought in new players? " Perhaps Roy kept it too much of a secret that 1) There's a World Cup on and he's away as part of the BBC team, and 2) Liverpool have made no firm (public) offer as of yet. I can understand your reasoning and I agree that the more time a new manager has to deal with a team pre-season, the better.

As for Roy "dumping", do you really believe that he has an obligation to remain at Fulham for the rest of his natural? Is it only because the club is a rival, rather than the England job? As I said, sorry to disagree, but I won't turn on a guy that has - in his comparatively very short time with us - brought pride back to the Riverside again, something only one or two other managers (JT being one) in the past 20 managers or so (since I have been a supporter), that have achieved that.

All in all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, 'tis a pity yours and mine are diametrically opposed on this subject.
No problem with disagreeing at all ...
That's what this forum is for!
I wanted to let off steam and my real issue, as i have stated is: "Thanks for the memories, and I really mean that with all sincerity,  but now Please do one and let us get on with rebuilding! (even though you've left us very little time to do so)"
I am just very disappointed - that's all!