watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hang my head in shame...

Started by LBNo11, October 23, 2014, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...yesterday was the 67th birthday of my favourite ever Fulham player, Les Barrett (No11). Despite being reminded this and putting it on a reminder on outlook, I forgot to post anything!

So to try and make amends, here is a snippet from our famous win at Goodison Park (yes we actually won at Everton) in the 1975 FA cup run, they were top of the old first division and we were - as we are now - a second division club, but you wouldn't have thought so by the way we played!

On 28 seconds he crosses for the first goal, but my favourite bit, is on 3:17, Les Barrett in full flight, those were the days my friend.

Happy belated Birthday Les: -

Everton v Fulham 1975

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

WHAT A HANDSOME DEVIL VIV WAS.  THE FULL BEARD IS BACK IN FASHION NOW - NOT SO MUCH THE SHIRT.
Nogood "sorry about the caps locked, isit" Boyo

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham33

Indeed   
Leslie, Leslie, Leslie

Barrett487

Better late than never Ed, although the video doesn't show much of Les.

This one doesn't much either, but take a look 6 minutes in..... brings back memories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ZoU0mkbn8

There doesn't appear to be much archive on Les...  :016:

Tonywa

One of my schoolboy heroes, sixty-seven? Hard to believe.  Great memories of our cup run.  Believe it or not on the great day of our win at Goodison, I was with some friends at Elm park watching Reading v Brentford.  Oh the shame of it!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 23, 2014, 03:42:12 PM
...yesterday was the 67th birthday of my favourite ever Fulham player, Les Barrett (No11). Despite being reminded this and putting it on a reminder on outlook, I forgot to post anything!

So to try and make amends, here is a snippet from our famous win at Goodison Park (yes we actually won at Everton) in the 1975 FA cup run, they were top of the old first division and we were - as we are now - a second division club, but you wouldn't have thought so by the way we played!

On 28 seconds he crosses for the first goal, but my favourite bit, is on 3:17, Les Barrett in full flight, those were the days my friend.

Everton v Fulham 1975

Yes indeed, they don't make them like they use to.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Great old shots, especially for those of us who have never seen though.
One thing for certain, the refs were as bad back then as now, Should have been 3-2.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 23, 2014, 03:42:12 PM

Everton v Fulham 1975

I remember it well. Not my favourite away trip of the Cup run as that had to be Carlisle and the noise we made at Brunton Park. At Goodison there were meant to be about 3,000 of us there, but we were all over the place and not stuck in one area. The journey back from Goodison to Lime Street was pretty scary.
I was lucky enough to get to every game in the Cup run and for me, getting to Wembley that year with that squad was a better achievement that anything that has happened since.
Les Barrett was and always will be my favourite player and the forward line in 72/73 of Barrett, Earle, Mitchell and Conway was fantastic.

I'll walk a million miles for one of your goals oh Leslie etc etc

FFCAli

My favourite player too.  And that was the only time I've been to Goodison Park  -  what a day that was!  Thanks for bringing it back!  Great to watch.

HatterDon

Still not a great Busby fan. He was a bit lazy and too self-involved for Luton, but I'm glad he came good for Fulham.

I've said this to Big Ed before, but every highlight I see of Barrett playing impresses me more and more -- good pace and a great shot, and you really can't beat a genuine two-footed winger.

Nice away kit also; can we get that one back some day?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

i was meant to go the everton game but a family issue on the morning prevented it.... i should have gone anyway!

saw the carlisle and both birmingham games as well as the final.

but everton were top when we beat them i seem to recall and were a great side, but we were very good as the footage proves.

The Swan

Happy Birthday Les.
If only we had players with his skill in our team now.
The Swan

bog

I'm with you Les. I recall one of his first game when he scored in a 4-3 defeat at White Hot Line. There is a photo of him doing so. Top player for us. Belated Happy Birthday Les.

I know how you feel Les as I forgot my wedding anniversary this year.... 093.gif

092.gif

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

and Roger Kenyon scores his first goal for Everton in 15 months......against us of course!

Bloomin heck, some things never change then

Great days though & I think I went out & bought the same shirt as Viv was wearing

MayoDomo

Those celebrations are so giddy. I love them.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Snibbo

cmg

This well-known clip shows one of Les' (and our) finest hours. A few minutes in Les demonstrates how to murder a full-back - no mazy dribbles, no step-overs, no fancy footwork - he just gives the poor mug five yards start, pushes the ball past him and kills him with speed down the outside - magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooh7cS_5iNo#

Kent Cassandra

Thanks for that Ed, saw all the cup matches that year with my 8 and ten year old daughters. I have never been more proud of our team and what a handsome lot they were. My girls were both in love with Les and Viv. They both live just round the corner from you and still support the whites.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Neil D