watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham boss ponders loan swoop

Started by SouthWest6, October 23, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Kit Symons has been given the green light by Fulham chiefs to dip into the loan market.

The caretaker boss has changed the club's fortunes since taking over from Felix Magath in September, and could get the job on a permanent basis if they beat Charlton tomorrow night.

And Symons says he has been given the go-ahead to strengthen his squad.

He said: "The club would back me if I wanted to bring someone in on loan. We've had lots of discussions already and I'd always be open-minded and look at the different options available.

"Anyone who comes in has got to be an exceptionally good player, and equally as important, an exceptionally good character, because we've got a great group of lads who are very unselfish and work hard for eachother."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-ponders-loan-swoop-7988421?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

NJFulham

dannyboi-ffc

We need a midfielder to bolster our options. Although kavanagh scored against Norwich I'm not keen on either him or staf shifting into a midfield 3. Not sure who's about on loan but its a postive that kit is starting to discuss his options. He must be pretty close to getting the job. I reckon beating Charlton will get him over the line.

Good news as long as its not a numpty but I'm sure they won't be
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MikeCdawg

Serge Gnabry from Arsenal would be a good acquisition.

FFCAli

Sidwell has been mentioned.  Not sure what I think about that.

Holders

He was pretty clear what his two criteria were and I'm sure we'd all agree.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Berserker

A goal keeper would be one of them possibly
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

horse1031

Quote from: NJFulham on October 23, 2014, 06:48:53 PM
Hopefully it's not Altidore.

he has good character and would work for the team.

Fulham Tup North

Taarabt is not getting on with his current Manager and if they are happy to pay 3/4 of his wages... 064.gif      086.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 23, 2014, 08:00:25 PM
Taarabt is not getting on with his current Manager and if they are happy to pay 3/4 of his wages... 064.gif      086.gif
I think he'd have to come with a personal trainer. There's a guy called Felix who'd knock him into shape ;-)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

Quote from: horse1031 on October 23, 2014, 07:50:02 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on October 23, 2014, 06:48:53 PM
Hopefully it's not Altidore.

he has good character and would work for the team.

He does work hard and is a better  hold up play than Hugo. Unfortunately, he doesn't shoot as well as Hugo and we all know how well Hugo does. Besides, we already have his skills in Hugo, Woodrow and Ross. I don't think we need a striker as much as a hard ass in front of the back four.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

@jolslover

I would take Adel, haha, destroyed the championship last time with QPR.. unrealistic tho
I would like Diego Poyet from West Ham if hes available or maybe  Coquelin from Arsenal or Bentaleb from Tottenham
STH H3

twang

FPT

He mentions the right character, a return for Sidwell or Baird certainly fulfils that. Both experienced, ex Fulham, will slot in seamlessly and great for the younger ones to have around.

I think that's the sort of loan we will be after, an older lad perhaps out of the team that can come in, play well from the first moment and add that experience (and depth) to our midfield alongside Parker and Christensen.

YankeeJim

Quote from: FPT on October 23, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
He mentions the right character, a return for Sidwell or Baird certainly fulfils that. Both experienced, ex Fulham, will slot in seamlessly and great for the younger ones to have around.

I think that's the sort of loan we will be after, an older lad perhaps out of the team that can come in, play well from the first moment and add that experience (and depth) to our midfield alongside Parker and Christensen.

Baird would be useful as he can cover so many different spots. I'm afraid Sidwell  would play at the expense of one of our youngsters. Do we really want a Sidwell/Parker midfield again?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FPT

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 23, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
Quote from: FPT on October 23, 2014, 10:16:55 PM

Baird would be useful as he can cover so many different spots. I'm afraid Sidwell  would play at the expense of one of our youngsters. Do we really want a Sidwell/Parker midfield again?

I agree, and I was one of the most vocal against this partnership, however, with the midfield three, rather than a flat 442, it wouldn't have the same effect. I'd rather get Baird in, but with Parker being the holder, with two runners, Sidwell would be a lot more suited.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCAli on October 23, 2014, 07:08:37 PM

I'd welcome him back, with him in midfield guiding the youngsters through it would provide a great grounding for their future and the club itself.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FPT

Baring in mind we have Cauley Woodrow, Emerson Hyndman, Patrick Roberts and George Williams without consistent starting spots and Chris David without a spot in the squad, I don't think we'll go for a youthful option in the squad. We need quality, older experience in the midfield; and browsing over what is available, I can only really see Baird and Sidwell.

The only others who haven't played much football are David Meyler and Wilson Palacios. Meyler may not be too bad, but avoid Palacios by all accounts.

K33NY

Quote from: Logicalman on October 23, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: FFCAli on October 23, 2014, 07:08:37 PM

I'd welcome him back, with him in midfield guiding the youngsters through it would provide a great grounding for their future and the club itself.

what abput last season, him and Parker together on the midfield did not work at all, dunno how it would work under Kit butthem together but I remain a bit of a sceptic to bringing him back? would they play together or would Parker our captain be a benchwarmer?